Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohhhh Ahhhh Ohhhh! Palladium!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Re: Ohhhh Ahhhh Ohhhh! Palladium!

Here is some discussion involving palladium:

Brillouin Energy
    Researchers at Brillouin Energy Corp. of Berkeley, California are developing what they term a controlled electron capture reaction (CECR) process. In their experiments, ordinary hydrogen is loaded into a nickel lattice, and then an electronic pulse is passed through the system, using a proprietary control system. They claim that their device converts H-1 (ordinary hydrogen) to H-2 (deuterium), then to H-3 (tritium) and H-4 (quatrium), which then decays to He-4 and releases energy.
    In one paper on their website, the Brillouin researchers found that "excess heat is always seen" when tuned pulses are present. They report being able to obtain excess heat using ordinary water with hydrided nickel, palladium or copper. In a second paper, the researchers assert that the excess heat is "measurable and repeatable."

Additional technical details are given in a Powerpoint presentation, a report summarizing their "quantum reaction hypothesis," and in a patent application. Their patent application reads, in part, "Embodiments generate thermal energy by neutron generation, neutron capture and subsequent transport of excess binding energy as useful heat for any application."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

gunDriller (8th December 2014),Neuro (3rd December 2014),PatColo (3rd December 2014)

Thanks

Lawsuit Alleges Palladium, Platinum Prices Manipulated

"...Goldman Sachs Group Inc., HSBC Holdings PLC, Standard Bank Group Ltd. , and German chemical maker BASF SE have been accused of manipulating platinum and palladium prices in a lawsuit filed in New York by a jeweler.

The four companies colluded since 2007 to manipulate the twice-daily price “fixes” for the metals, said lawyers for Modern Settings LLC, a jewelry and law enforcement badge-making company in Sarasota, Fla. The alleged price rigging allowed the four to enrich themselves at the expense of other market participants, the lawsuit said.

Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Standard Bank and BASF refused to comment on the lawsuit when contacted by The Wall Street Journal..."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

PatColo (3rd December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    I am thinking it may have something to do with cold fusion breakthroughs, but the only breakthroughs being reported are based on nickel (ecat). Maybe there is somethig else going on that is not being reported.

http://blogs.economictimes.indiatime...ear-reactions/

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...ty-of-gasoline

http://www.sifferkoll.se/sifferkoll/...portSubmit.pdf

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/clean...of-potential-c

^ that's what I been saying, something seekrit unfolding... shhh! don't tell anyone!!

'Sides, nickel, Pd & Pt are found in the same mines. The "...based on nickel" thing is just misdirection to throw off the hounds. Pd's price behaviour this year speaks to the twoof.

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post
    I did buy some SWC Mon morning; paid a touch too much though in short-term hindsight, $13.20
    http://bigcharts.com/quickchart/quic...e=&freq=&show=

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/kaa...579&mocktick=1

SWC $13.65 high today (+78 cents, +6%), real time quote. Volume looks on track to be (only) "average" though, which is ~2MM shares/day. Volume says "market conviction." A rally above $14 on 3+ MM shares traded would say the bottom's behind us (pun there somewhere...).

Insiders been buying, incl a director who bought 3K shares in Aug at 17.99, and 2K more shares Mon 12/1 at 13.51.
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks

Yeah I got an invite to join that class-action jobee, coz I did trade Pd futures around 06/07... but been out of the country, only forward my physical mail periodically, and got that one too late. My trades were net-profitable, but hey if the NY jooweler's suit against the other jooz resulted in them throwing some free bagels my way; I would accept.

< bagel smiley.

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks

'Sides, nickel, Pd & Pt are found in the same mines. The "...based on nickel" thing is just misdirection to throw off the hounds. Pd's price behaviour this year speaks to the twoof.
    It gets better than that- they are chemcially very similar. They are in the same group in the periodic table of elements, meaning their electron configuration and chemistry are very similar.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/attachme...tid=7051&stc=1

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

Neuro (3rd December 2014),PatColo (3rd December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    Here is some discussion involving palladium:

Brillouin Energy
    Researchers at Brillouin Energy Corp. of Berkeley, California are developing what they term a controlled electron capture reaction (CECR) process. In their experiments, ordinary hydrogen is loaded into a nickel lattice, and then an electronic pulse is passed through the system, using a proprietary control system. They claim that their device converts H-1 (ordinary hydrogen) to H-2 (deuterium), then to H-3 (tritium) and H-4 (quatrium), which then decays to He-4 and releases energy.
    In one paper on their website, the Brillouin researchers found that "excess heat is always seen" when tuned pulses are present. They report being able to obtain excess heat using ordinary water with hydrided nickel, palladium or copper. In a second paper, the researchers assert that the excess heat is "measurable and repeatable."

Additional technical details are given in a Powerpoint presentation, a report summarizing their "quantum reaction hypothesis," and in a patent application. Their patent application reads, in part, "Embodiments generate thermal energy by neutron generation, neutron capture and subsequent transport of excess binding energy as useful heat for any application."
    Basically they claim that they mastered cold fusion, but without saying it. Because cold fusion isn't politically correct! LOL

I never heard of quatrium before. How can a proton and 3 neutrons decay into 2 protons and 2 neutrons?
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

^ that's what I been saying, something seekrit unfolding... shhh! don't tell anyone!!

But I read somewhere... Most likely here, that Nickel and Palladium are found in the same mines. But you have to choose which one you are going for! If you go for Nickel you get less Pd and vice versa. So if Nickel get scarce and becomes focus of mining, Palladium, which is a much smaller market in monetary terms get much more scarcer, but the price may have to go up tenfold vs Nickel, before it becomes profitable to change focus to Pd instead of Ni...
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

PatColo (5th December 2014)

Thanks

HUI down between 1-3% all day, even gapped lower @ the open; meanwhile SWC 13.85, +.36, +2.67%

Not to mention, Pd up all day, contrary to the other PMs all down 1+ %

I'm telling yous losers, something's percolating below the radar somewhere.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

if it goes back t $900, i'm selling it. bought it at like $190 or so.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chad For This Useful Post:

gunDriller (8th December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Question Re: Ohhhh Ahhhh Ohhhh! Palladium!

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    if it goes back t $900, i'm selling it. bought it at like $190 or so.
    Does anybody think that Palladium could become a Monetary metal ?

For a non-monetary metal, it's done fantastic.

I asked a local coin dealer about buying Platinum. But he wouldn't talk about spread, said he had to look into it.

Maybe I'll ask one of the good dealers about Palladium. How much they would buy it for.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com