Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crockpot Recipes

Iridium
    Thanks

Crockpot Recipes

Love my crockpot! Share your easy recipes here.

1/2 Turkey breast
    1 envelope dry ranch dressing

Place turkey breast skin side up in oval crockpot. Sprinkle w/ ranch dressing. Cover & cook on low all day (8 hours or so).
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Thanks

Re: Crockpot Recipes

Sounds delish, I'll have to try that.

My usual crockpot meal is a 3 pound beef roast, 1 packet of onion soup mix, 1 cup water. put it on low, 8 hours later, throw in some potatoes, 1 more hour, make some gravy, enjoy.
    I came to Gold-Silver.US for the Gold and Silver, I'm staying for the crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Maybe your neighbors will massage your prostate for a few firewood logs if you ask them nicely.

Iridium
    Thanks

Here's 2 "non-recipes" which made my life easier when my kids were very young.

"Hamburger Anything"
    Take 1 pound frozen hamburger, put into crockpot. Cook on low all day. If you're around, break up the meat a few times. If not around, don't worry about it.

After about 8 hours, crumble meat, drain grease & you're ready for spaghetti sauce, tacos, sloppy joes, et al. Could even add onions if the recipe calls for it.

"Baked Potatoes"

Scrub baking potatoes clean.
    Wrap in foil & pierce w/ a fork a few times.

Cook on low all day (no liquid added), ready for supper!
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~

geoengineeringwatch.org

Great Value Carrots willie pete's Avatar
    Thanks

I've done beef roast (or almost ANY cut of beef) in the Crock; Cube up the meat or not, 1 can of French Onion soup OR for a different taste, 1 can of Golden Mushroom soup (it doesn't come out with a strong taste of mushrooms) add Celery, Onions, Corn (fresh or frozen), Carrots and Potatoes and hour or so before finished, depending on how soft you like 'em, and don't forget to add the garlic to taste..
    If you don't think to good, don't think too much

sunshine05

Quote Originally Posted by MNeagle
    Love my crockpot! Share your easy recipes here.

1/2 Turkey breast
    1 envelope dry ranch dressing

Place turkey breast skin side up in oval crockpot. Sprinkle w/ ranch dressing. Cover & cook on low all day (8 hours or so).
    That sounds good. Do you add any water?

Sometimes I put frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot and pour a bottle of barbecue sauce on it and cook on low all day. It ends up shredding and we make sandwiches with it. Not bad for a low maintenance meal.

Iridium
    Thanks

No water on the turkey recipe. It has juices to keep it moist.

geoengineeringwatch.org

Copper
    Thanks

A crockpot secret: don't salt the meat before cooking - salt removes moisture from the meat. Just add salt before serving.

Here's a recipe that's simple:

1 Beef Chuck Roast
    Garlic Powder
    Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy

Rub meat all over with garlic and Mrs. Dash. No water needed. Cook in Crockpot on Low for 8 to 10 hours.

Iridium
    Thanks

Got a new crockpot cookbook & this one sounds good:

Garlicky Bacon Chicken

8 slices bacon
    8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    2 cans cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
    1 c. sour cream
    1/2 c. all-purpose flour

Wrap one slice of bacon around each chicken breast and place in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, whisk together soups, sour cream and flour. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours. Serves 8.

geoengineeringwatch.org

Zinc
    Thanks

I made the BEST CHICKEN-N-DUMPLINGS EVER for dinner last night in my crockpot!
    I came home from work for lunch yesterday and threw it together... I put 3 pounds of bone-in chicken breasts bone-side down in the crockpot. Then sprinkled them liberally with California garlic, white pepper, salt, onion powder, marjoram and basil. Next I poured 2 cans of natural chicken broth in, added some chopped celery and carrots. Put the lid on, turned it to High, and went back to work... ... Five hours later, when my 13 yr. old daughter and I walked through the door, we were greeted with the most amazing aroma! I took the chicken out and shredded it. It fell off the bones. Then I put it back into the pot. So tender and flavorful! I made dumplings from the recipe on the back of the Clabber Girl baking powder can:
    "2 cups unbleached white flour, sifted; 2 teaspoons baking powder; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 2 eggs, beaten; 2/3 cup milk.
    Mix flour, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, beat eggs. Add eggs and milk to flour mix. Drop dumplings by teaspoons into stew or gravy, at the steaming point, turn to low heat and cook 10 minutes." In the crockpot, that meant about 20 minutes with the lid on, still on high. Everyone had seconds. I did have to add another can of broth after we ate our first serving... and it was even better for lunch today!
    I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.

Thanks

When I hear a call for 10+ inches of snow, I fire up the crockpot. Not like I was going out anyway .

Here's my Cabbage Soup recipe; I dump the ingredients into the pot in layers . . . guesstimate your quantities, I like leftovers to freeze.

Sliced Celery
    Chunks of Carrots
    Cabbage
    Sliced Onion
    Whole Garlic Cloves
    Peppered Pork (any variety--I used a small picnic roast cut up)
    1 box of Chicken broth

Cook on high at first, then move to low for the day.

Top the steaming hot bowl of soup with a little grated cheese and Smile!

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." --Mae West

Yes! My avatar is always a photo from my adventures.