Thanks

Re: Crockpot Recipes

Pulled pork!

* medium sized pork butt
    * 1/2 cup brown sugar
    * 12 oz of favorite BBQ sauce
    * (optional) 1/2 cap of liquid smoke

Put the butt and liquid smoke into the crockpot on low for 8- 12 hours

Remove butt allow to cool (so as not to burn your hands)
    Put the cooled butt on a large flat baking sheet
    Use a fork to shred/pull the pork into pieces
    (save remnants for split pea soup)

put the pulled pork back into the crock pot
    mix the BBQ sauce in

cook on high for 2 hours (really only long enough to get hot)

serve pork in buns/bread with favorite sides (and beer!)

Gold
    Thanks

Crockpot Potato Soup

8- organic Russet potatoes
    8- uncured bacon strips
    1- onion
    5- cloves garlic
    2 oz's butter
    2 cups half and half
    3 cups chicken broth
    3 cups water
    dried parsley
    mozzarella cheese
    salt/pepper

Cut up potatoes into smallish cubes (I leave the peels on, but whatever your personal preference), add water, and chicken broth. Fry bacon crisp, saute onion and garlic...add after the potatoes have cooked soft (also, take a potato masher and partially mash some of the potatoes in the broth to make a thicker consistency). Add butter, half and half, and season with salt/pepper. When serving top with shredded mozzarella and a little dried parsley.

RJB

I posted this in it's own thread yesterday. It seems more appropriate here. I'll post a good sauerbrauten recipe next.

Russian Borscht soup.

This has a very red broth and hearty flavor. It works nice around the holidays for my kids with the red and green colors. I make it differently everytime based on what's in the pantry and fridge but here is the basics-- All ingredience are fresh. I'm snowed in, so this will sit on the back burner on low heat for a few days. Each day it gets better (add more water as it evaporates.)

1 lbs to 2 lbs of chopped meat (beef, lamb, I used venison today)
    A few cloves of garlic. I like a lot 3 - 10
    A large onion.

Chop and stir fry in oil (butter, olive etc.) in a dutch oven (or crock pot) until onions are soft but not burnt.

Add (pre-chopped) (approximates):
    2 or 3 tomatos,
    3 red beets (put the leaves aside),
    a head of cabbage.
    Today I added okra (add squash etc. if you like), but cabbage, beets and tomato are the basics also add the bones from the meat too.

Add about a 1/4 cup of red wine,
    1/4 cup of red wine vinegar,
    juice of a fresh squeezed lemon,
    a couple bay leaves,
    add stock (or water) to just cover and heat to a simmer, and the let stew on low for a while. Add salt, pepper, other spices to taste.

15 minutes before serving add chopped up red beet leaves.

Taste and add salt or spices that seem to be missing and serve garnished with dill.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RJB
    I'll post a good sauerbrauten recipe next.

I eagerly await your sauerbrauten recipe! Mmmmm, sauerbraten...

Iridium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Osky
    A crockpot secret: don't salt the meat before cooking - salt removes moisture from the meat. Just add salt before serving.

Here's a recipe that's simple:

1 Beef Chuck Roast
    Garlic Powder
    Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy

Rub meat all over with garlic and Mrs. Dash. No water needed. Cook in Crockpot on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
    Thanks for this recipe. I pulled out a roast for tomorrow & was wondering what I could do 'new' with it. This will work great!

Also looking forward to RJB's sauerbraten recipe!

Thanks for the thread bump chud.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Thanks

1 roast
    1 16oz jar of peppercinis including juice
    1 12oz bottle of Guinness beer

Cook for 8 hours

Iridium
    Thanks

I had to google peppercini!

Don't believe I have any, might roasted red pepper be close? Also, with the peppercini, would kids eat it (the roast, not the veggie)? Is it very fiery?

Sounds like it would make a great italian sub...
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~

geoengineeringwatch.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MNeagle
    I had to google pepperoncini!

Don't believe I have any, might roasted red pepper be close? Also, with the pepperoncini, would kids eat it (the roast, not the veggie)? Is it very fiery?

Sounds like it would make a great italian sub...
    Peppercinis are very mild. You'll mainly find them in Italian subs or Greek salads. Roasted red peppers sounds good too. The peppercinis come sliced or whole also. You could use the whole peppers to make it easy for the kids to pick them out and you could also go with only half the juice.

Thanks

We've been using this recipe for a month or so. Simple and good. Found it on allrecipes.com....

2-3 pound pork loin roast
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup white wine
    2-3 cloves of minced garlic
    about 2 teaspoons of rosemary (more or less to your taste)
    salt/pepper to taste

Cook on low for 6-8 hours (depends on size of roast). When roast is done, remove and thicken liquid with flour. You can double the olive oil and wine for more gravy.

It's good with some mashed potatoes and homemade rolls!! And leftovers can be used for other things. If you have rolls leftover, make pork sliders! Mmmm. So easy and so good

Our local chinamart had a special on huuuge porkloins recently. We bought 2 and cut them into about 6 or 7 roasts and about a total of 10 porkchops (with a little bit leftover for chili verde) for 30 bucks. I think that's not too bad....

I looooove my crockpot!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNocturnalEgyptian View Post
    Be polite to everyone you meet, but have a plan to attack them just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpo
    What can religion do ...............send people mad,crazy and make people kill.

Iridium
    Thanks

Reminder for you to check your gear. Mine specifically, was the big crockpot, that I didn't use since last summer.

Found out tonight the low and warm settings no longer work.

ETA, am now trying another outlet as suddenly High setting isn't working either!! Something's off, as the high was working all afternoon just fine.

geoengineeringwatch.org