Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anecdotal economic field reports (Now Stickied)

Copper
    Thanks

Anecdotal economic field reports (Now Stickied)

It was a popular STICKY on the original GIM forum (RIP)

It provided description of current economic events that helped old members and newbies get a good street view of the mess we are currently in . A live pulse of the economy that the main street media is not allowed to show to the sleeping masses .

I am for a return of this sticky as i think it will be a great addition to this new forum.

Who's with me on this for suggesting the come back of this feature ?

Iridium
    Thanks

Re: Suggesting a return of the -----Anecdotal economic field reports-----(STICKY)

I agree. Do you have one to share with us?

I'll note mine: More & more commercial places are vacant, yet several eating places are busy.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Zinc
    Thanks

Re: Suggesting a return of the -----Anecdotal economic field reports-----(STICKY)

I agree the anecdotal field report was a real time, rubber hits the road type of local reporting. Helpful in seeing trends developing.
    Due to recent economic conditions, the light at the end of the tunnel, will be temporarily shut off.

Electrum
    Thanks

Local auto shops are under a light load. Can get an appointment anytime.

BANNED (Permanent)
    Thanks

Re: Anecdotal economic field reports (Now Stickied)

Not exactly economic, but lots of h1n1 swine flu vaccine advertisements plastered everywhere here - on the side of buses- on billboards - huge signs outside the free clinics, grocery stores, etc... definitely campaigning stronger than ever to vaccinate the population.

millions of sq feet of vacant commercial buildings here... yet lots of new construction still going up... probably 20% or more of the commercial space is vacant, but they are still building tons more...
    tons of vacant housing as well but rents are still ridiculously expensive, haven't dropped in price at all....

grocery stores are like ghost towns, especially higher end ones

mexican drive thru place raised the price of tacos from 1$ to 1.25$ ... i would guess a lot of people probably would just order 8 or 10 tacos no drinks/nothing else

Copper
    Thanks

Thanks for restarting this thread - I've always loved it.

A guy I work with has a daughter in grad school who has been renting a nice condo in Miami since 2006. The owner just lost it in a foreclosure auction. He owed $280k on it, it was "worth" $450k at the height of the lunacy, and someone bought it at auction for $124k. It was in a nice building (a high rise) with a parking deck underground and nice grounds (pool, exercise room, etc.).

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

One of the two major shopping malls in my city is basically empty now. Only one anchor store remains (Sears) and a few mall shops right next to it. The rest of the mall is basically vacant and has been taken over by kids, thugs, druggies, etc. Someone actually got shot a month or so ago in the mall. I walked through it before I knew what had happened and the whole place felt like I was walking through the projects, definitely a bad feeling.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

Gas prices here in N.Central Ohio rose by 19 cents per gal yesterday a.m..
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent - Thomas Jefferson
    I have already made peace with myself that the odds are pretty high that I will die alone, grossly misunderstood and my personal beliefs ridiculed - Me

Palladium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the white rabbit
    I love this thread. It kinda died over at BurningDownTheBarnIsMoney.com
    Federal Reserve means Rothschild.Rothschild means poverty, hunger, ignorance and, most of all, war.  This is all you really need to know.  Everything else, the Pentagon, Wall Street, the corporate news, congress, the Supreme Court, the arms industry bandits are nothing but their

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

On the plus side, condos previously selling in Las Vegas for $190,000.00 are going for $52,000.00.

Depending on which side you were on.
    Donald J. Trump IS our very first Black U.S. President