Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Anecdotal economic field reports (Now Stickied)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,650 Times in 3,216 Posts

Re: Anecdotal economic field reports (Now Stickied)

Quote Originally Posted by MNeagle
    *Noticed a Wal-Mart carrying 25 lb. bags of wheat now, two different types. (Not sure how recently they began this, as I am only in that store a few times/year). There were 3 bags on the shelf, so I don't know if they maintain low inventory of it, or if it's a selling item.
    Was it from China?
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Gold
    Thanks

Overhead a conversation between a woman in her 40-ies and a bank clerk (shift manager).

The lady was definitely in distress over economy. She said she could't believe how bad economy is, and how badly this country was screwed up. She continued that because of this a lot of people voted for Mickey Mouse on their ballots, and that there's no worthy leadership anymore, and that in the next election she might even - GASP - vote for a 3rd party....

The lady later drove away in a not too old japanese sedan.

I was going to stick my word in and say that it doesn't matter if you vote for blue guys with red stripes, or red guys with blue stripes - it is all the same gang... but figured revelation will be enough to engage a mental block deposited into her brain by decades of propaganda...let them ripe and think themselves.

Great Value Chinese Military Shovel TheNocturnalEgyptian's Avatar
    Thanks

America's next top distraction:

[img width=600 height=448]http://i.imgur.com/58Uwl.jpg[/img]
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness; I love only that which they defend."- J.R.R. Tolkien

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Wife wanted ice cream... of course you all know already they went from 2 quarts to 1.5 quarts and kept the prices about the same.

Next issue: cannot find chocolate with nuts anywhere even amongst the more expensive stuff that rarely goes on sale ... I figure between the increase in cocoa prices and likely increase in nut prices (I don't know where to find a stock exchange nut index) they must have yanked the flavor.

Second: Turkey Hill makes a flavor called "Party Cake" - they changed the formulation, putting cheaper-tasting and larger bits of "cake" to serve as filler for the more-expensive ice cream.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab
    Quote Originally Posted by MNeagle
    *Noticed a Wal-Mart carrying 25 lb. bags of wheat now, two different types. (Not sure how recently they began this, as I am only in that store a few times/year). There were 3 bags on the shelf, so I don't know if they maintain low inventory of it, or if it's a selling item.
    Was it from China?
    after mn eagle posted this, i went to walmart to see for myself. i ended up buying a bag. it was $12 for a 25 bag. says its "certified chemical free" + was grown in montana by:

http://www.wheatmontana.com/

Thanks

Banana's..yeah still kinda cheap, But in the last week they have gone from .29 cents to between ..45 & .56 Cents a pound.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent - Thomas Jefferson
    I have already made peace with myself that the odds are pretty high that I will die alone, grossly misunderstood and my personal beliefs ridiculed - Me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheNocturnalEgyptian
    America's next top distraction:

[img width=600 height=448]http://i.imgur.com/58Uwl.jpg[/img]
    I'm voting for number 3: Topless protesters.
    I came to Gold-Silver.US for the Gold and Silver, I'm staying for the crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Maybe your neighbors will massage your prostate for a few firewood logs if you ask them nicely.

Book

Copper
    Thanks

My wife works in the car business.

Found out that the bulk of car sales (at this dealership) are from people who are putting zero down and financing for 72 months.

I can't imagine paying for a car for 6 years.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,650 Times in 3,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brujo
    My wife works in the car business.

Found out that the bulk of car sales (at this dealership) are from people who are putting zero down and financing for 72 months.

I can't imagine paying for a car for 6 years.
    6 more years of Obummer?
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken