Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Anecdotal economic field reports (Now Stickied)

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,538 Posts

Re: Anecdotal economic field reports (Now Stickied)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yarr
    I just paid 6 bucks for deodorant. - WTF!!!!
    Showers are cheaper, when ya do the numbers...
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

Zinc
    Thanks

Picked up a 20oz bottle of coca cola recently. $1.89/ bottle = wtf.

Economy in my area seems to be holding fast jobs wise. We're heavily dependent on tourism and the military spending. Tourism has actually increased recently probably partially due to worldwide tourism. Military spending is holding fast.

Businesses are still holding on, many still losing money. No drastic increases of empty storefronts, although there is a lot of movement with businesses shutting down and others taking their places. Helps that the official unemployment rate is maybe 66% of the national unemployment rate. Lots of people I know are paycheck to paycheck though, as families are still coping with furloughs, layoffs, and wage freezes. Nothing new there though.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Use colloidal silver solution instead of deodorant - it's safer and more effective.

Local massage parlor raised price for standard massage to $50 from $40! And a PM went up to $25.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

I walked about 2 miles today to a store and back. I passed by three sporting goods stores (none of them big names), and two of them were out of business. The closings looked recent - the signs were not faded, everything was clean, etc.

I got really excited when I saw that there was sushi restaurant within walking distance, until I saw the "Closed" sign. It looks like that restaurant was open yesterday.
    The more you live, the less you will die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ If you want to be somebody else, change your mind.

Thanks

sushi store probably doesn't open until 5 PM. It's a cultural thing, the good sush no open till 5 or 6, otherwise screw you. We have plenty customers.
    Patience comes to those who wait.....calculate distance, drop, wind speed, relax and gently commit.

Once the economist's neurons and dendrites are fully programmed (usually for life), economists serve as robotic broadcasting devices explicitly designed to hide the political nature of the economy from the public. In other words, the economist serves no function in society except to protect the ruling elites from public scrutiny while they loot the planet. Jay Hanson

Iridium
    Thanks

NPR was running a story this morning about cotton prices raising 50%. The gist of the story was: buy your cotton goods NOW. For next week the prices will be higher. Stores are opting to either a raise prices or b not stock as many cotton products.

Got socks, jeans, linens, et al?
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Book

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni

Local massage parlor raised price for standard massage to $50 from $40!

Your posts at GSUS in the afternoon are less grouchy. Must be the Happy Ending nooner.

Gold
    Thanks

PURE EVIL - misleading bacon ad!

The local Lucky grocery store weekly ad cam out - it offered

"Buy one pack of Oscar Mayer Bacon (various weights) get One Free!"

"Woo-hoo" time to load up on salted pork products!

I get to the store and sure enough, there's the packages of lovely salted fat - oh, but the price -

$7.99 a pound! (oddly, about twice the current gouging rate here).

The bastards are offering "buy one, get one free" only after doubling the price!

Thanks

Here is the $6 deodorant I use... http://www.greenbeaverus.com/body/de...eoodorant.html

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni
    Use colloidal silver solution instead of deodorant - it's safer and more effective.

Local massage parlor raised price for standard massage to $50 from $40! And a PM went up to $25.
    Reality is complicated. Don't expect it to conform to any popular blueprint.

Thanks

Even better, take some zinc, preferably sublingual zinc gluconate tablets until you get a metallic taste in your mouth. Then take one or two every day to maintain tissue saturation.

One of the signs of a zinc deficiency is general b.o. coupled with stinky 'pits and paradoxically a reduced ability to smell.

Doom is always 6 or 8 months away.
    ~EE_