Thread: Low Carb Pizza (my husband thinks is better than the real thing)

Copper
    Thanks

Low Carb Pizza (my husband thinks is better than the real thing)

Here's a recipe I found on Low Carb Friends and modified for us. We eat this all the time. The secret to the crust is to bake it in the morning (or even the day before) and let it sit in the refrigerator uncovered. This makes the pizza crust hold together (the crust comes out chewy). Use your own toppings (we like black olives, mushrooms, pepperoni).

Ingredients:
    4 ounces cream cheese, softened (I use the microwave)
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce (I use the kind in a can)
    1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    8 ounces (2 cups) mozzarella cheese, shredded
    1/4 cup pizza sauce (use the lowest carb sauce you can find)
    4 ounces (1 cup) mozzarella cheese, shredded
    Assorted toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.

In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in eggs until mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the parmesan, garlic powder and italian seasoning, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9x13" glass baking dish lined with parchment paper (If you grease the pan before you line with parchment paper, the paper sticks to the pan and makes it easier to spread the crust mix). Bake at 375º 20-25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time.

Lift crust from parchment paper to loosen. Spread chilled crust with pizza sauce, then cheese and toppings of your choice. Bake at 375º about 20-25 minutes or until toppings are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.

sunshine05

Re: Low Carb Pizza (my husband thinks is better than the real thing)

Osky, did you forget to put the crust ingredients?

Copper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05
    Osky, did you forget to put the crust ingredients?
    the first five ingrediants are the crust! it looks weird, but it works - the crust is a mixture of cream cheese, eggs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and italian spices. It's a liquidy mixture when you spread it, but it turns into a bread like crust after you bake it.

greenbear

Thanks for that recipe. We try to stay on a lower carb diet and your pizza crust looks like it is definitely worth a try.