Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100 Things You Will Wish You had Stored

Iridium
    Thanks

Re: 100 Things You Will Wish You had Stored

Then add to the above list here for us please!
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Book

Quote Originally Posted by MNeagle
    Then add to the above list here for us please!

Um...ok. I take exception to number forty six:

46. Flashlights/LIGHTSTICKS & torches, "No. 76 Dietz" Lanterns
    A headlamp with solar-rechargeable AA batteries makes so much more sense to me than a flashlight or lightstick. It gives you hands-free light wherever you turn your head and has adjustable brightness to match the task at hand. Walking on a trail or preparing dinner...hands free.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by k-os
    The last prep items I picked up were survival books and edible wild plants books.
    I didn't even know that they make wild plant books that are edible. I could see how this could come in handy in a SHTF scenario.
    <-wise ass

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Quote Originally Posted by k-os
    The last prep items I picked up were survival books and edible wild plants books.
    I didn't even know that they make wild plant books that are edible. I could see how this could come in handy in a SHTF scenario.
    <-wise ass
    You got me. . . . books about edible wild plants. So there.

You know what we need? A nit-pick thread!
    The more you live, the less you will die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ If you want to be somebody else, change your mind.

Iridium
    Thanks

headlamp with solar-rechargeable AA batteries makes so much more sense to me than a flashlight or lightstick. It gives you hands-free light wherever you turn your head and has adjustable brightness to match the task at hand. Walking on a trail or preparing dinner...hands free.
    Perhaps a link? Father's Day is coming up! Last year we got him a headlamp, but alas it wasn't solar batteries. (More than 1 in the house is good too). TIA.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Extra Big-Ass Dooom!!!
    Thanks

A good portion, if not all of stored batteries should be rechargable, and make sure you have a solar battery charger or two as well.

Book

Quote Originally Posted by MNeagle

Perhaps a link? Father's Day is coming up! Last year we got him a headlamp, but alas it wasn't solar batteries. (More than 1 in the house is good too). TIA.
    BEST RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES + AC CHARGER

AAA for headlamps

Product Description
    Worldwide voltage (110-240V)Charges up to 4 AA or 4 AAA cellstery, the next evolutionary step for batteries into the 21st century. eneloop is a totally new type of battery, which satisfies in a unique way the needs and expectations of the consumers

Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries are the leading edge now. I stockpiled mostly AA and some AAA for my headlamps and portable radios. Best bang for the buck. Best to research the solar battery chargers and select one that charges both AA and AAA size batteries. Maybe let him decide on the best solar charger for his needs.

Thanks

My latest purchase . . . black-out window covering. 50% off at Jo-Ann Fabrics. I can do a whole window-filled room for $22 with the material I purchased today (8 yards).
    The more you live, the less you will die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ If you want to be somebody else, change your mind.

Book

http://parenthoodchronicles.blogspot...blog-post.html

Cheapskate...takes up less room until wtshtf...lol.

Extra Big-Ass Dooom!!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Book

http://parenthoodchronicles.blogspot...blog-post.html

Cheapskate...takes up less room until wtshtf...lol.

Good call! Thx! That's one item with a ton of uses, but easily overlooked.