Quote Originally Posted by SHTF2010
opening a new GSUS quotes file with these two

“What else do you have for sale ?”

I’m buying with the belief that many things will dry up in time and the screaming bargains I get now will become in greater demand some day

futurist thinking

what will have value in the future ? / what will become more valuable in the future ?
agnut

===============================================

Good to hear from you SHTF2010. I like your website name; prophetic. I noticed you are Canadian. Any gorillas living up there ?

Some nice roadside freebies you got. That Snap On crescent wrench would cost a bundle if bought new off the truck. Instead, yours must have fallen off the truck.

I find plastic gas cans, chains and other goodies along the roadside.

Yeah, that question , “What else do you have for sale ?” has made/saved me a lot of money over the years.

How things have changed in the last few years. My focus has shifted from things I need to things that are a screaming bargain AND at the same time will be needed someday. Primarily because of Ponce, I have been collecting items that likely will become more in demand in the future. Nails, galvanized pipe, tico fittings, etc.

It appears to me that the money circulating around has been getting scarcer and scarcer. I am thinking that if this continues for too long, we won’t have hardly any money available for day to day dealings. I am reminded of my father who bucked hay for 25 cents to 50 cents for a 12 hour day. And he shoveled coal at the local high school for 50 cents a day. He told me that at the end of the day, he had worked so hard that he could brush the salt off his back. This was during the last Depression.

Will we experience a time when there will be so little currency circulating that people will work for a pittance ? Well, in our twisted world, anything is possible.

Last night I rented the movie “The Road”. My son and I watched it together. It was more grim than any movie I have ever seen. Survival and flight after a financial and social collapse. After watching it, I came to realize that it was about as accurate as you could get. And that realization was the scariest part.

The movie begs the question, “Would you rather be prepped with all the planning and sacrifice it demands or be on The Road ?

Best wishes,

Agnut