Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "F*ck my victims" - Bernie Madoff

Quantum

"F*ck my victims" - Bernie Madoff

Link to Article

'F— my victims. I carried them for 20 years': New York magazine profiles Bernie Madoff's life inside

By Melissa Whitworth World Last updated: June 7th, 2010

That’s right. That charming quote comes from New York magazine, whose reporter Steve Fishman has just written about life inside prison for the world’s most infamous Ponzi scheme investor:

In prison, he crafted his own version of events… Madoff explained the trap he was in. ‘People just kept throwing money at me,’ Madoff related to a prison consultant who advised him on how to endure prison life. ‘Some guy wanted to invest, and if I said no, the guy said, ‘What, I’m not good enough?’ ’ One day, Shannon Hay, a drug dealer who lived in the same unit in Butner as Madoff, asked about his crimes. ‘He told me his side. He took money off of people who were rich and greedy and wanted more,’ says Hay, who was released in December. People, in other words, who deserved it.

Another prisoner who’d spent time with Madoff had seen a 60 Minutes devoted to his crimes. Admiringly, the prisoner commented that he’d cheated his clients out millions of dollars. “No, billions,” Madoff corrected him.

Fishman’s piece is fascinating because it details Madoff’s unguarded moments, talking to other prisoners. He has nothing to lose now he’s inside, serving 150 years. As the headline says: Bernie Madoff is free at last.

EDIT: Changed long link to named link to prevent horizontal scrolling. -Gaillo

Thanks

Re: "F*ck my victims" - Bernie Madoff

Hahah 150 years for running a pension ponzi scheme while we let murderers out after a decade.
    Ash_Williams is a fictional character only and anything posted is for entertainment purposes only and is not meant to be taken as fact or advice and is not guaranteed to be accurate and does not necessarily represent the opinion of the person posting it.<br /> <br />&lt;b&gt;I&#39;d rather be banned than stupid&lt;/b&gt;

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

That is text book mental profile on a socipath

absolute zero remorse

The only victim in the hustle was him.

He fits right in with " those people"
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

I wonder why Bernie hasn't "died" yet.

The _-_-'em attitude appears to me to prevalent in the world of high finance.

Nothing new. Just a headline grabber.
    Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks

Wayne Madsen covered in detail how Madoff
    moved money out of the country to Israel.

Madoff was also Nasdaq key player and Chief .

Nasdaq the swindlers market where you can
    go to jail for doing in NY what they do on the
    Nasdaq. Who remembers the huge scandals
    of the late 90's about the Nasdaq, their
    $1.7 B fine, notice the MSM is never talking
    about the Nasdaq, they are all in on your
    fleecing. Nasdaq has ripped me of personally
    on their stops stealing. They do it to everyone.
    They do not follow the rules, imagine now
    how corrupt it is compared to past, the past
    was bad.

And the number is not $65 Billion but DOUBLE THAT according to
    the whistle blower and he gave that testimony to Congress that
    did nothing with the information. Just as much was stolen from
    Europeans according to the main whistle blower and investigator.
    LARGE SARGE LEFT. Dogman4Socks, regarding Hoarder and LargeSarge accounts. " Edit: Bet it was no accident, maybe a point being made ?" " and for the one that did it , kudos for doing it. tho ye will remain unnamed... do not doubt this was an accident. "
    "This is a cult forum, that restricts open freedom and open opinions to be posted" "I've said before, if I get a chance to meet MAGNES in person, I'd be happy to knock his lights out" Mr 6 Sock Puppet Jew Troll
    LINK > bit.ly/NnMbmG

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason he has this attitude is really quite simple (and it implies to ANYONE for similar reasons) His conscience.
    It bothers him, SO to "deal" with it he can only do one of two things.
    Get right with God
    OR
    Convice himself it doesn't matter or what the Bible calls SEARING your conscience. This results in some very nasty attitudes and/or remarks.
    Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StreetsOfGold
    The reason he has this attitude is really quite simple (and it implies to ANYONE for similar reasons) His conscience.
    It bothers him, SO to "deal" with it he can only do one of two things.
    Get right with God
    OR
    Convice himself it doesn't matter or what the Bible calls SEARING your conscience. This results in some very nasty attitudes and/or remarks.
    He seared his conscience long ago. I don't think men such as Bernie put much thought into getting right with God.

I feel there are far too many people of this personality type to brush it off on conscience alone. To me, it just feels like this is hard wired into the brain.
    We are not keeping them in check.
    Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

there is a HUUUUGE detail that needs to be mentioned.

the scam was not that Bernie Madoff ran a Ponzi scheme.

the scam was that Bernie Madoff ran a conventional investment business, and experienced huge losses, and his customers were not happy.

Bernie, as a former head of the SEC, knew the laws inside and out, and he pointed out that there was one solution.

If he confessed to fraud, the US government would reimburse his shareholders (to the tune of $65 billion).

And no proof of the fraud would be required, other than his confession.

It is covered in more detail in a March 27 webcast with Mohammed Rafeeq
    http://iamthewitness.com/audio/Muham...27-03-2010.mp3

If you remain convinced that Madoff ran a Ponzi scheme ... where is the proof ? - other than his confession.

So - if you were 70 years old - would you confess to a crime that would get you a slap on the hand if it would get the US government to give your friends & family & very angry customers $65 billion ?

Madoff's victims were not his customers that were alleged to lose money via his investments.

Madoff's victims were the people who ended up bailing out his investment customers.

the US taxpayer.

the "Ponzi scheme" is the story they made up so that Madoff's shareholders could be re-imbursed at US taxpayer expense.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 714 Posts

I don't have any use for Madoff and sorry for the people who lost their life savings, He was a crook plain and simple, But I wouldn't expect him to be sorry for what he did.

No regrets.
    The harder I work, the Luckier I get!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gunDriller

If he confessed to fraud, the US government would reimburse his shareholders (to the tune of $65 billion).

And no proof of the fraud would be required, other than his confession.

If you remain convinced that Madoff ran a Ponzi scheme ... where is the proof ? - other than his confession.

So - if you were 70 years old - would you confess to a crime that would get you a slap on the hand if it would get the US government to give your friends & family & very angry customers $65 billion ?

Madoff's victims were not his customers that were alleged to lose money via his investments.

Madoff's victims were the people who ended up bailing out his investment customers.

the US taxpayer.

the "Ponzi scheme" is the story they made up so that Madoff's shareholders could be re-imbursed at US taxpayer expense.
    I thought Barfarsky (sp?) had the proof.

Where is it shown that his investors where paid out @ 100 cents on the dollar? Especially by Fed Gov.

I am sure his higher dollar clients got a good chunk back, but the lower eschelon probably gets squat.
    H.L. Mencken

H. L. Mencken