Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water Filters

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Re: Water Filters

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    HOLY SHIT! AMAZON IS SELLING BOGUS REPLACEMENT FILTERS:
    Good idea to check the TDS periodically. So far I've had perfect 0 scores with all my filters, each of which lasts me about 4 months.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

The very common complaint about Zerowater is that their cheapo plastic spigots eventually fail and flood the kitchen fridge or floor. Some smart guy solved the problem with THIS $12 Solution.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

More research into my Zerowater filter. It's really just a two-stage filter with some plastic screens. Activated Charcoal and that stinky gooey orange stuff is polluted Ion-Exchange Resin.

It does start quickly stinking above 6ppm as it catastrophically fails. This is why they warn us to regularly measure it with their provided "free" tester.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

PatColo (1st September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

any of U zero-water fockers ever buy a cheap digital pH tester, & measure before/aft result? I wrote of this question further in another water filter thread.
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

I'd have to find again at amzn; but some clever guy was selling a "berkee water kit"; IIRC used two 5-gallon buckets, stacked, & modified where top bucket contains berkee elements, thru which water must pass & settle in lower bucket which has a spigot attached near the bottom.

sold plans + parts; IIRC twas around $25-30

proper post filtered water container should be glass or stainless steel tho, not BPA-leeching plastic
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (21st November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

McCanney sells the best water filters. They take out stuff the competition does not even test for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhFdVuBACj8

http://www.jmccanneyscience.com/SecWebOrderPg.htm
    Well over 90 percent of the people Hitler locked up were Germans. Only 2 to 3 percent were Jews and most of those Jews were elevated to concentration camp kapos.

http://www.controversyofzion.info/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post
    I'd have to find again at amzn; but some clever guy was selling a "berkee water kit"; IIRC used two 5-gallon buckets, stacked, & modified where top bucket contains berkee elements, thru which water must pass & settle in lower bucket which has a spigot attached near the bottom.

sold plans + parts; IIRC twas around $25-30

proper post filtered water container should be glass or stainless steel tho, not BPA-leeching plastic

I think one of the survival supply places was selling the "Bucket Berkey" when there was a shortage of Berkey stainless steel units. The buckets were a screw-together type, which I thought was pretty brilliant. It could also handle 4 filters. That would be a nice kit to take on the road because no chance of spillage with the top and bottom screwed together and a tight lid on the top.

EDIT: found it - the guy is using special food-grade buckets with screw-on lids.
    https://preparednessadvice.com/water...bucket-berkey/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Half Sense For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (28th November 2019)