Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water Filters

Thanks
    Thanked 5,233 Times in 2,259 Posts

Re: Water Filters

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    HOLY SHIT! AMAZON IS SELLING BOGUS REPLACEMENT FILTERS:
    Good idea to check the TDS periodically. So far I've had perfect 0 scores with all my filters, each of which lasts me about 4 months.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 3,843 Posts

The very common complaint about Zerowater is that their cheapo plastic spigots eventually fail and flood the kitchen fridge or floor. Some smart guy solved the problem with THIS $12 Solution.

Truth is chased from many villages.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 3,843 Posts

More research into my Zerowater filter. It's really just a two-stage filter with some plastic screens. Activated Charcoal and that stinky gooey orange stuff is polluted Ion-Exchange Resin.

It does start quickly stinking above 6ppm as it catastrophically fails. This is why they warn us to regularly measure it with their provided "free" tester.

Truth is chased from many villages.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

PatColo (1st September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,073 Times in 3,242 Posts

any of U zero-water fockers ever buy a cheap digital pH tester, & measure before/aft result? I wrote of this question further in another water filter thread.
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 5,073 Times in 3,242 Posts

I'd have to find again at amzn; but some clever guy was selling a "berkee water kit"; IIRC used two 5-gallon buckets, stacked, & modified where top bucket contains berkee elements, thru which water must pass & settle in lower bucket which has a spigot attached near the bottom.

sold plans + parts; IIRC twas around $25-30

proper post filtered water container should be glass or stainless steel tho, not BPA-leeching plastic
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz