Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why You Can't Lose Those Last 10 Pounds

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

Re: Why You Can't Lose Those Last 10 Pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

Which grinder Tumbleweed?

It's a Krups electric grinder. It doesn't grind to much at one time but it does a nice job. I like to grind mine fine. My coffee makers have the fine mesh filter and I use a paper filter too. I drink every drop that way. I'm hooked on the Dark Canyon Breakfast blend. Nice aroma and flavor that doesn't upset my stomach when I drink a lot.

The Krups doesn't cost to much and works well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/KRUPS-Ele...EaAvmiEALw_wcB

My twelve cup maker quit working and I had a 5 cup one on hand that I'm using now. It works nice and I like it. It's pretty inexpensive too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mr-Coffee...55&athena=true

Dark canyon Coffee Company

https://darkcanyon-coffee.com/about_us
    We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (27th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Anchor Hocking 16oz Mug need the mug to be glass so I can see how full the mug gets while pouring water...my daily mug these last 18 years

Number Two Cone this cone works for me because the holes are the right size allowing a nice slow drip

Brew Rite #2 WHITE Cone Filters three cents per filter much cheaper than Melitta...I prefer their WHITE filters.

Thanks Tumbleweed. I'll order the Krups

For when Hoarder and Bigjon visit
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

steyr_m (19th May 2019),Tumbleweed (27th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

Love that Tibetan symbol of good luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

Anchor Hocking 16oz Mug need the mug to be glass so I can see how full the mug gets while pouring water...my daily mug these last 18 years

Number Two Cone this cone works for me because the holes are the right size allowing a nice slow drip

Brew Rite #2 WHITE Cone Filters three cents per filter much cheaper than Melitta...I prefer their WHITE filters.

Thanks Tumbleweed. I'll order the Krups

For when Hoarder and Bigjon visit

Adolf Reich The Connoisseur
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (19th May 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    It's a Krups electric grinder. It doesn't grind to much at one time but it does a nice job. I like to grind mine fine. My coffee makers have the fine mesh filter and I use a paper filter too. I drink every drop that way. I'm hooked on the Dark Canyon Breakfast blend. Nice aroma and flavor that doesn't upset my stomach when I drink a lot.

The Krups doesn't cost to much and works well.

Used it for only three days then put it away. Too messy and too small. I instead started grinding whole beans at Albertson's grocery...will probably return to just buying already-ground PEETS coffee:

I'm lazier then I thought

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (20th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

America's obesity epidemic, same said for diabetes, heart disease, osteoarthritis and cancer, is due primarily to mineral deficiencies. Hydroelectric power and damming of rivers plus the move from wood for fuel to electricity coupled with industrial farming has resulted in our topsoil having become utterly deficient in minerals, notably selenium (cancer), chromium and vanadium (diabetes mellitus), calcium (high blood pressure) and several dozen others. The human body requires 60 minerals to maintain health. If any one is missing for a prolonged time, several diseases will develop. Certainly all fast and processed foods are devoid of minerals. No organic vegetable is guaranteed to contain all 60 minerals unless the farmer has supplemented his soil with them. Very few places on earth naturally contain all 60 minerals. Therefore, you must supplement your diet with them. The rare earth minerals have been proved to fully double lifespan in several species - they are required in trace (microgram) amounts. Supplementing with just one mineral, selenium (as yeast or selenomethionine) at 200-400 mcg per day reduce your risk of virtually all cancers from 60-90%. In any event, dieting and exercise will not result in permanent weight loss unless these minerals are added to the diet and absorbed (i.e. you must eliminate all sources of gluten to be sure of normal absorption). In fact, exercising and dieting without supplementing these minerals could be dangerous. Also, virtually everyone is deficient in iodine and hypothyroidism is epidemic in women. Our salt was once iodized - it is no longer. Our flour was once iodized - now it is brominated. Bromine, chlorine and fluorine (tap water, tooth paste) are direct antagonists to iodine. Iodine is critical to far more than thyroid gland function - it has critical roles in immunity.

In any event, a clean diet of whole foods and pure water, devoid of processed and fast foods is a good start. But unless you supplement with the 90 essential nutrients (60 minerals; 16 vitamins; 12 amino acids), your results and long term health are at risk.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (20th May 2019),hoarder (20th May 2019),Jewboo (20th May 2019),Tumbleweed (20th May 2019)

Thanks

Used it for only three days then put it away. Too messy and too small. I instead started grinding whole beans at Albertson's grocery...will probably return to just buying already-ground PEETS coffee:

I'm lazier then I thought

[/QUOTE]

I don't mind a little mess. I enjoy watching my grinder grind the beans and the aroma when I lift the lid off. I've got a little paint brush I brush it out with and a small container I put the ground coffee in. Here lately everything around me is a mess so a little spilled ground coffee is a minor thing. I really enjoy a good cup of coffee when I'm taking a break. I used to just buy the Folgers breakfast coffee but the fresh ground Dark Canyon coffee beans have spoiled me.

I've been working day and night and myself and everything around me is smeared and splattered with mud. I'd like to be lazy too but I can't be. I had my brother in law pick up a five pound bag of breakfast beans for me and I'm looking forward to the time spent grinding, brewing and drinking it. It's seventy miles to town so its not so easy for me to have fresh ground coffee if I don't grind it myself.
    Birth till Death

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (20th May 2019),osoab (20th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiWl8rTP2XI

For our own very good Dr. Mamboni.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post

It's seventy miles to town so its not so easy for me to have fresh ground coffee if I don't grind it myself.

My Albertson's grocery store right across the street has a little inside Starbucks Coffee Shop and TWO brands of bulk coffee beans both with their own huge grinders.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (20th May 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    But unless you supplement with the 90 essential nutrients (60 minerals; 16 vitamins; 12 amino acids), your results and long term health are at risk.
    40 drops equal the mineral content of 1/2 cup sea water with 99% sodium removed

tastes terrible according to the buyers

Each Trace Minerals Research Product Includes ConcenTrace®

We ensure the following elements are included in every Trace Minerals Research product (listed in approximate descending order):Magnesium, Chloride, Potassium, Sulfate, Sodium, Boron, Bromide, Calcium, Carbonate, Silicon, Nitrogen, Selenium, Phosphorus, Iodine, Chromium, Iron, Manganese, Titanium, Rubidium, Cobalt, Copper, Antimony, Molybdenum, Strontium, Zinc, Nickel, Tungsten, Scandium, Tin, Lanthanum, Yttrium, Silver, Gallium, Zirconium, Vanadium, Beryllium, Tellurium, Bismuth, Hafnium, Terbium, Europium, Gadolinium, Samarium, Cerium, Cesium, Gold, Dysprosium, Holmium, Lutetium, Erbium, Ytterbium, Neodymium, Praseodymium, Niobium, Tantalum, Thorium, Thallium, Rhenium, plus other minerals found in seawater.