Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why You Can't Lose Those Last 10 Pounds

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

Re: Why You Can't Lose Those Last 10 Pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    It's seventy miles to town so its not so easy for me to have fresh ground coffee if I don't grind it myself.
    I have ground my own for too many years now. The commercial bulk ground just isn't the same. I dig the dark espresso. The store is 140 steps from work.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

2. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (20th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

Re: Why You Can't Lose Those Last 10 Pounds

Just was looking around to see if there was a thread on the " Keto diet " , that is, the ketogenic diet. I have some long-time experience on and off over the years with this diet and can offer some I think helpful insights - pro and con.

The originally posted article was very good but was looking for it on yahoo original site so could copy it without all the html codes showing but no luck yet.

Will wait and see if there is enough interest for me to start a new Keto diet thread in this health part of the forum where everyone can give their input pros and cons as well as ask questions.

Keto diets are back in style these days. There is a "Dr. Berg" on YouTube, a chiropractor I think, who now has put together an expensive packaged program for all the ins and outs on being on this diet. I did not even to check to see the price of his new program but I bet it is steep.

The whole area of diet and how to lose and maintain weight really should have several strict sub-categories to guard against thread drift as happened in this thread.

By the way, if you are on a strict keto diet (very low carb) you need to be really careful about just deciding to do it up big and drink a lot of alcoholic beverages in one sitting. It is very hard on the kidneys and liver when you are in ketosis and you will start feeling bad right after when you do this. Now I think this goes for beer as well as hard liquor.
    But beer has a lot of carbs compared to straight shots of hard liqueur so the way it affects the organs and makes you feel can be different.

One thing for sure you will go out of ketosis all of a sudden big time with beer and hard liquor with mixer that has sugar in it, and you will have to start all over on a strict keto diet to get yourself back into ketosis. (Drinking straight hard liquor is no problem in regard to ketosis, as I recall. Look up "the drinking man's diet." )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (9th December 2019)