Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another reason not to have a facebook account.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Re: Another reason not to have a facebook account.

there is no good reason to have one IMO. It's clear what it is and even though you might not have much information on there, other people do. Eventually they will link everyone in real life to their on line profiles. It only takes one slip sometime in the future and they can link every think they have collected on that anonymous profile to a real person.... well as real as a person can be I guess. Chances are you won't make the slip. Someone linked to you will.

moto: give em nothing, taking em no where.

works in lots of situations.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Great Value Carrots 1970 silver art's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Another reason not to have a facebook account.

Quote Originally Posted by BrewTech
    The only info that got harvested was info that people have left public. Nothing to see here. If anonymity is THE most important thing to you, you should probably stay off the Internetz.
    That is a good point. There is no such thing as anonymity and privacy on the Internet. It does not matter if you are on GSUS or some other website. As for FaceBook, a person just has to be very careful what information they put on FaceBook. Employers are also on FB and they are watching what their employees put on FB that pertains to the company they work for. People have gotten fired over what they have put on FB.
    DISCLAIMER: My gut feeling on silver is just that................My gut feeling. I have absolutely nothing to back up any gut feeling that I might have on silver.

DISCLAIMER2: I am not really a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.

Pepperoni Pizza + Orange Juice + Netflix + Silver art bars = My life.

ATTENTION!!! I stood up to the TP king by making a 3-roll tp bet with him and guess what?............I won.