Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solar Highways made of Glass.

Joe King

Re: Solar Highways made of Glass.

It's a neat idea, but every road I see has wide dark lines down the middle of the lanes from oil drip.
    So if used for our petrol powered vehicles, I'd think many of the solar cells would become covered in oil residue pretty quickly, thereby reducing the efficiency of the system.
    Or we could make hi-tech street cleaners to go around scrubbing all the roads all day long.

Although if we all had electric cars and trucks, a way to recharge them as you drove might also be possible with roads like that.
    Imagine a World with no fuel stations.

DMac

Next we'll be powering our cars with poop. Oh wait

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

This is practical and worth doing in some areas. This can charge batteries too at the same time for the proportion of a trip without overhead grid-wire.

The highway where trucks work like electric trains
    In Lübeck, Germany, there's one of several eHighway test projects: overhead catenary wires, where electric trucks with pantographs can pull power directly from the grid.

4:29
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews

4. The Following User Says Thank You to keehah For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (27th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

Comparison of overall efficiency for internal combustion engine vehicles and electric vehicles. The only way the electric vehicle gains an advantage over internal combustion engines is when it can draw 100% of its power from wind / solar.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mohammed-Assaf-3/publication/344860096_Comparison_of_the_Overall_Energy_Efficie ncy_for_Internal_Combustion_Engine_Vehicles_and_El ectric_Vehicles/links/5f940a01299bf1b53e408842/Comparison-of-the-Overall-Energy-Efficiency-for-Internal-Combustion-Engine-Vehicles-and-Electric-Vehicles.pdf?origin=publication_detail
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    The only way the electric vehicle gains an advantage over internal combustion engines is when it can draw 100% of its power from wind / solar.
    Why do you omit coal, hydro and nuclear?
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keehah View Post
    Why do you omit coal, hydro and nuclear?
    That is a good question, I thought coal was in their study but I did notice they did not include hydro. I didn't realize they hadn't included nuclear until you pointed it out.

Before this covid scam I read an analysis that made an overall comparison from mining the materials to produce the vehicles, manufacturing , the fuel efficiency factors, energy for electrical production and energy for acquiring the petroleum and refining it into fuels then the energy necessary for disposal of the worn out vehicles. That study also rated diesel power ahead of electric.

However figures lie and liars figure so who is going to give us a totally unbiased report?
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org