Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blagojevich convicted of lying to feds

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

Re: Blagojevich convicted of lying to feds

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    I know it was an extreme example.

So, how about the guy in Alaska that had FBI come in and take another guy with no warrant. They opened the door and they walked right in.
    This just occurred. Alexander was the guy the feds were looking for I think. Jammed their cell phones prior to the raid.
    Again, not a Blago prison event.

As to what to do at the time of an event like this ... remember ... contract law runs through everything. Three things to ask for

1) ask for a business card
    2) ask if they are a public employee
    3) notice them that they are going to hold them in a position as public trustee.

Now as to them giving YOU notice ... notice is the opening salvo in due process. Notice endows you with the right to inquire. Forget staying silent. Inquiring means you ASK QUESTIONS. I have some interesting questions already lined up for the FBI concerning their involvement in a local affair a couple years back. ANYONE showing up at my door noticing me that they are FBI are going to be SHOWERED with many questions. Failure to answer any of them means due process is incomplete. You don't go to hearing until all your questions are answered. If hearing is premature the judge gets put on notice that due process has not been given, a constitutional violation under both the 14th amendment and amendment V.

When you inquire you do not make statements. The first statement you make ("I need a cup of coffee") and your due process is complete and off to hearing you go.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/anncon/ht...tml#amdt5b_hd1
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/anncon/ht...#amdt14a_hd19b
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor

Thanks
    Thanked 4,635 Times in 3,208 Posts

Free at last.

Wonder if Rod sings or does he meet an untimely demise?
    He is singing a bit in his welcome home speeches.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,602 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    When he stood up to Bank of America, I was willing to give him every benefit of the doubt and leniency, too.

He was arrested the day after he said the State of Illinois would no longer do business with BofA.

I was always wondering if this (saying Illinois would no longer do business with Bank of America) was really what this was about....This whole thing seemed strange to me--all of these politicians are dirty in some way, so I always assume that the only reason any of these "scandals" become public is b/c the politician crossed a line somewhere or started to do something for the American people.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    I was always wondering if this (saying Illinois would no longer do business with Bank of America) was really what this was about....This whole thing seemed strange to me--all of these politicians are dirty in some way, so I always assume that the only reason any of these "scandals" become public is b/c the politician crossed a line somewhere or started to do something for the American people.
    This sort of thing gives them an excuse to sacrifice somebody occasionally. It helps to maintain solidarity.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage