Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the preps section so dead?

Thanks

Why is the preps section so dead?

Just curious. I really enjoy learning about useful things and this section and related sub-sections are dead. Are we mostly city dwelling keyboard surfers here at GSUS?

Post up something?
    Patience comes to those who wait.....calculate distance, drop, wind speed, relax and gently commit.

Once the economist's neurons and dendrites are fully programmed (usually for life), economists serve as robotic broadcasting devices explicitly designed to hide the political nature of the economy from the public. In other words, the economist serves no function in society except to protect the ruling elites from public scrutiny while they loot the planet. Jay Hanson

Thanks

Re: Why is the preps section so dead?

It's always been a low-traffic part of the forum... I'm hoping that as the economy continues to come apart at the seams, there will be more activity here.
    There are two kinds of people in this world:
    People who just want to be left alone, and
    People who won't leave them alone.

No coercion, no fraud. Let rationality and liberty prevail! A=A
    Love with your heart... for everything else, use your brain!

"Gold is very patient. Are you?" -mamboni
    "Government has NO business being in the 'business' business" -Gaillo

Thanks

I figured that most people are at their prep comfort level.

I mean how many times can some one post the top "100 things you will wish you had" or a link from survival blog?

I personally uses a prep "round robin" method, and I am in the bullion phase, vice the beans or bullets phase.

My next big prep leg up is buying a ranch out in the middle of nowhere. (80+acres) I am waiting for the next big drop to do so so I can buy it outright. After I acheve that phase though my internet usage will drop to virtualy zero.

Please remember.... once the pin is removed, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNocturnalEgyptian View Post
    The main thing I learned from history is that most men fail to learn from history.

Thanks
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." T.J.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. (MJK)

Silence is Treason!

Gold
    Thanks

What is your definition of "the middle of nowhere?"

CC

Quote Originally Posted by mightymanx

I mean how many times can some one post the top "100 things you will wish you had" or a link from survival blog?

I personally uses a prep "round robin" method, and I am in the bullion phase, vice the beans or bullets phase.

My next big prep leg up is buying a ranch out in the middle of nowhere. (80+acres) I am waiting for the next big drop to do so so I can buy it outright. After I acheve that phase though my internet usage will drop to virtualy zero.

If your are engaged in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!
    Shot placement is important! But when the world turns to shit------An A10 Warthog beats a feather duster every time! .50 BMG vs .308 vs .22 * anything
    Incoming fire has the right of way!

Thanks

Did you see this?

http://gold-silver.us/forum/member-trading/selling-my-'get-away'-farm-in-ky-111acres/#top
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." T.J.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. (MJK)

Silence is Treason!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazychicken
    What is your definition of "the middle of nowhere?"

CC

My next big prep leg up is buying a ranch out in the middle of nowhere. (80+acres) I am waiting for the next big drop to do so so I can buy it outright. After I achieve that phase though my internet usage will drop to virtually zero.

Northern Idaho near the Canadian border,and Yes I was looking at that Ken it's a steal if you want to live near there I am pretty set on wanting to be at the base of the northern Rockies though.
    Please remember.... once the pin is removed, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend.

The main thing I learned from history is that most men fail to learn from history.

Thanks

Of course now I find this on craigslist.

South of I-90 but it looks dang near perfect.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/reb/1913862948.html

The goal is off grid and basically a sustenance ranch/ homestead.

The goal is a total cost of living of 500-1000 frn's /month. For diesel, nails, salt, that type of crap I am not going to want to make.

RJB

Why is the preps section so dead?
    Because on this forum, it is assumed.

Platinum
    Thanks

It's because the forum has only been here about six months, and most members prefer to discuss ethnic slurs instead of anything useful. In the last few days they have toned down that action in favor of current events. They didn't quit, but they did at least tone it down some. I thought that was very nice of them. But don't hold your breath waiting for prep info.