Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabbie Shot to Death in Phoenix

Thanks

Cabbie Shot to Death in Phoenix

Just thought I would share this with you all. As many of you know, I drive a taxi in Phoenix, AZ. I don't drive in the area of town where this happened, though.

PHOENIX -- Phoenix police say a Discount Cab driver has been shot to death in north Phoenix.

Detective James Holmes says witnesses reported seeing a cab driver opening the driver side door and falling out of the cab with a gunshot wound to the neck.

Holmes says witnesses watched a woman exit the taxi and walk into the Highland Park apartments at 27th Avenue and Myrtle north of Glendale Avenue.

A witness followed the woman, but backed off after it appeared she was armed.

The shooter is described as a black female, 5-feet-1 to 5-feet-2 inches tall, 110 to 120 pounds with long, dark hair. She was seen wearing a red sweat shirt and black pants. Police consider her armed and dangerous.
    Link
    I came to Gold-Silver.US for the Gold and Silver, I'm staying for the crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Maybe your neighbors will massage your prostate for a few firewood logs if you ask them nicely.

Iridium
    Thanks

Re: Cabbie Shot to Death in Phoenix

Stay safe Olmstein. Are you allowed to carry while working for your own protection?
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Thanks

It's legal to carry here in AZ, but the cab companies frown on it. Since I own no firearms, I do not carry. I depend on my instincts and physical presence to keep me safe.
    I came to Gold-Silver.US for the Gold and Silver, I'm staying for the crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Maybe your neighbors will massage your prostate for a few firewood logs if you ask them nicely.

solid

Quote Originally Posted by Olmstein
    It's legal to carry here in AZ, but the cab companies frown on it. Since I own no firearms, I do not carry. I depend on my instincts and physical presence to keep me safe.
    I admire that Olm, but remember it was a 5 foot 1, 110 lb shooter in this case. Don't under estimate anyone. It's eye-opening to read about someone dying in the same line of work.

Being a cad driver can be a dangerous job. Be safe out there.

Thanks

What forum are you posting to? :conf:

Get that fixed, my friend!
    There are two kinds of people in this world:
    People who just want to be left alone, and
    People who won't leave them alone.

No coercion, no fraud. Let rationality and liberty prevail! A=A
    Love with your heart... for everything else, use your brain!

"Gold is very patient. Are you?" -mamboni
    "Government has NO business being in the 'business' business" -Gaillo

Book

Since I own no firearms, I do not carry. I depend on my instincts and physical presence to keep me safe.
    http://www.blueq.com/modules/ecs/images/125837327_m.png

Someone must have not been READING any threads at GSUS and GIM all these years.

I'm shocked Olmstein. Shocked.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Even if a cabbie is armed, it must be damn near impossible to defend yourself against a cold blooded murderer in the back seat while you're in the front seat facing forward.
    Get a handgun, don't tell your employer. At least you might be able to get off a shot after you get shot and prevent the scumbag from killing anyone else.

solid

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder
    Even if a cabbie is armed, it must be damn near impossible to defend yourself against a cold blooded murderer in the back seat while you're in the front seat facing forward.
    Exactly. Firearms can bring false confidence, which is a weakness actually.

The real question, is where to actually keep the firearm in the cab. Sitting in a cab doesn't give much options to react quickly, if needed. The sitting position, is just that...a sitting duck position.

kregener

Since I own no firearms, I do not carry. I depend on my instincts and physical presence to keep me safe.
    Good luck with that then...

Thanks

You mean the lawyers for the cab company frown on it - can't have anyone out there shooting passengers that just happen to be nut jobs because it's bad for business. And I find it hard to believe one of our own doesn't have the means to level the playing field - it almost sounds like a gun boating accident to throw us off the scent. If you're truly unarmed, that means when the SHTF you're going to need someone who is. That very dependency is what contributes to an entitlement society.