Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Best cheap-ass cooking oil?

Thanks

Re: Best cheap-ass cooking oil?

Dimethylpolysiloxane is used as a matter of safety to keep the oil from foaming, and that although the chemical is a form of silicone used in cosmetics and Silly Putty, a review of animal studies by The World Health Organization found no adverse health effects associated with the ingredient.

I don't trust anything the WHO has to say.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

O
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
    You will not be disappointed, People have been cooking with it since day one. And I do believe more would still be using it, except someone figured how to make it look bad and unhealthy. So they could push that other stuff on us. Saving bacon drippings after filtering it , also lard was a normal thing in my family. They would use Crisco for some stuff, and lard and bacon drippings for all other cooking.

Try it you will like it! Also if you use cast iron, cook with it and just wipe out with a newspaper or rag and put it up. Your iron will stay seasoned perfect and stay that way!
    Cooking with vegetable oils releases toxic cancer-causing chemicals, say experts

Real butter, lard and olive oil! I have eaten bacon, eggs fried in bacon grease and toast with real butter every day for most of my life. I am healthy, don't have a doctor and don't take any medications.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...y-experts.html

The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

3. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

mick silver (10th November 2015)

Thanks

https://actualidad.rt.com/ciencias/1...ancer-demencia

Also fatty acids create and contributes to other problems of mental health, including dementia and dislexcia

Además, los ácidos grasos en aceites vegetales contribuyen a crear otros problemas de salud mental, incluso dislexia o demencia
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

yes I gave up on hyrodgenated ?? vegetable fats more than a decade ago. Only use animal fats and olive oil, although I don't use olive oil in cooking very often, usually a dressing.

I think that story said something bad about sunflower oil which is one I use occasionally. Peanut oil.... any info on Peanut oil. I like using that for stir frying some things.

Oils are chelators (??). They are like the garbage man for the body. Going around and getting trash from the blood and organs stuck to it, penetrating membranes, attracting rubbish in the membrane protected areas and then carrying those toxins through the barriers safely so they can be expelled.

You know when the Government tells you for 30 years or more that the bad oils are good for you and the good oils are bad for you, they don't have your best interest at heart.

For people who doubt the health value of oils, I point people back to Cod Liver oil. Old wives tale but given to people who were ill at ease, not quite feeling right. It helped purge what ever was causing the problem.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks

For Stir Frying, peanut oil probably is good. The graphic I posted looks like most oils are reasonably safe in the first 10 minutes.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/47...vs-other-oils/

Oil begins to decompose at its smoke point and this breakdown creates acreolein, a foul-smelling compound. Vegetable oils like peanut oil have higher smoke points than animal fat. Polyunsaturated oils like soy, canola, sunflower, and corn oil degrade more easily than peanut oil at high temperatures.
    Good Fats in Peanut Oil

Peanut oil is a healthy alternative to other types of oils. Peanut oil, like other types of vegetable oils, is low in saturated fat and is free of cholesterol and trans fat. Like olive oil, peanut oil is high in monounsaturated fat, which can reduce your risk for cardiovascular disease when eaten as a replacement for unsaturated fats.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Glass (9th November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

l a r d
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mick silver For This Useful Post:

monty (16th November 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mick silver View Post
    l a r d
    Yep, lard. My grandma made her own lard. She also made soap with lard and water drippped through juniper ashes.

Real butter, lard and olive oil! I have eaten bacon, eggs fried in bacon fat and toast with real butter every day for most of my life. I am healthy, don't have a doctor and don't take any medications.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Lard.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

monty (16th November 2015)