Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best cheap-ass cooking oil?

Thanks

Re: Best cheap-ass cooking oil?

Glass,
    Thanks for the input! I've removed Canola from the list.

P.S. Greenbear... Please check TD for my reply to your thread derail, which is also there.
    There are two kinds of people in this world:
    People who just want to be left alone, and
    People who won't leave them alone.

No coercion, no fraud. Let rationality and liberty prevail! A=A
    Love with your heart... for everything else, use your brain!

"Gold is very patient. Are you?" -mamboni
    "Government has NO business being in the 'business' business" -Gaillo

Book

Quote Originally Posted by Gaillo

I've already laid in a good stash of coconut oil.
    All oil has a rather short shelf life except maybe Pennzoil. You have enough. Spend the money on something else that you don't already have too much of.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by General of Darkness
    NP, but I know you laughed your ass off at it.

Seriously, what about getting used oil from restuarants and just straining it.
    The more you use oil the worse it gets and becomes harmful to you.

Get coconut oil in bulk and consume it any way you can.

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.

Platinum
    Thanks

Good info, thanks OP and others.

We generally use olive oil for cold or warm stuff (like others have said, it doesn't like heat), and some form of vegetable oil for frying....but I would readily admit that is not very good. I really should try some Coconut oil....it seems like the winner here. I had no idea it was that good for you. Thanks again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Book
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaillo

I've already laid in a good stash of coconut oil.
    All oil has a rather short shelf life except maybe Pennzoil. You have enough. Spend the money on something else that you don't already have too much of.

Nope... I've already decided that cooking oil is the next "gap" in my preps that's going to be filled. I've seen NUMEROUS segments of worldwide disaster-relief footage, and one of the MAIN supplies always being handed out by aid workers is cooking oil. My "spidey senses" tell me that cheap-ass cooking oil will be worth it's weight in silver (or at least copper!) once the shiit goes down.

Plus, as I already indicated in an earlier post, I keep my oil storage in a deep-freeze to delay rancidity.
    There are two kinds of people in this world:
    People who just want to be left alone, and
    People who won't leave them alone.

No coercion, no fraud. Let rationality and liberty prevail! A=A
    Love with your heart... for everything else, use your brain!

"Gold is very patient. Are you?" -mamboni
    "Government has NO business being in the 'business' business" -Gaillo

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

Crisco is the best for long term storage.

Its basically vegetable oil turned into a petroleum product, so it keeps a long time without going rancid. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisco
    Some nutritionists argue that while the formula has been changed to remove the trans fatty acids, the fully hydrogenated oil used to replace them may not be good for health. Crisco and similar low-trans-fat products are formed by the interesterification of a mixture of fully-hydrogenated oils and partially-hydrogenated oils. The composition of the resultant triglycerides is random, and may contain combinations of fatty acids not commonly found in nature. A recent study showed that interesterified fat increased volunteers' blood sugar by 20 percent while simultaneously lowering the body's HDL cholesterol.
    Since cotton crops are under far less chemical regulation by the FDA than other crops used specifically for food, many pesticides or chemicals can be used on them that are illegal for use on food crops. Such toxins derived from cottonseed can then enter into the food chain via this legal loophole in the regulation of food and chemicals, possibly leading to consumption of significantly elevated amounts of pesticides or chemicals.
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

http://www.ithyroid.com/canola_oil.htm

Here are just a few facts everyone should know before buying anything containing canola. Canola is not the name of a natural plant but a made-up word, from the words "Canada" and "oil". Canola is a genetically engineered plant developed in Canada from the Rapeseed Plant, which is part of the mustard family of plants.

According to AgriAlternatives, The Online Innovation, and Technology Magazine for Farmers, "By nature, these rapeseed oils, which have long been used to
    produce oils for industrial purposes, are... toxic to humans and other animals".
    (This, by the way, is one of the websites singing the praises of the new canola
    industry.)

Rapeseed oil is poisonous to living things and is an excellent insect repellent.
    I have been using it (in very diluted form, as per instructions) to kill the
    aphids on my roses for the last two years. It works very well; it suffocates
    them. Ask for it at your nursery. Rape is an oil that is used as a lubricant,
    fuel, soap and synthetic rubber base and as a illuminate for color pages in
    magazines.

It is an industrial oil. It is not a food. Rape oil, it seems, causes
    emphysema, respiratory distress, anemia, constipation, irritability, and
    blindness in animals and humans. Rape oil was widely used in animal feeds in
    England and Europe between 1986 and 1991, when it was thrown out. Remember the
    "Mad Cow disease" scare, when millions of cattle in the UK were slaughtered in
    case of infecting humans? Cattle were being fed on a mixture containing
    material from dead sheep, and sheep suffer from a disease called "scrapie".

It was thought this was how "Mad Cow" began and started to infiltrate the human
    chain. What is interesting is that when rape oil was removed from animal feed,
    'scrapie' disappeared. We also haven't seen any further reports of "Mad Cow"
    since rape oil was removed from the feed. Perhaps not scientifically proven, but
    interesting all the same. US and Canadian farmers grow genetically engineered
    rapeseed and manufacturers use its oil (canola) in thousands of processed foods,
    with the blessings of Canadian and US government watchdog agencies. The canola
    supporting websites say that canola is safe to use. They admit it was developed
    from the rapeseed, but insist that through genetic engineering it is no longer
    rapeseed, but "canola" instead.

Except canola means "Canadian oil"; and the plant is still a rape plant, albeit
    genetically modified. The new name provides perfect cover for commercial
    interests wanting to make millions. Look at the ingredients list on labels.
    Apparently peanut oil is being replaced with rape oil. You'll find it in an
    alarming number of processed foods. There's more, but to conclude: rape oil was
    the source of the chemical warfare agent mustard gas, which was banned after
    blistering the lungs and skins of hundred of thousands of soldiers and civilians
    during W.W.I. Recent French reports indicate that it was again in use during the
    Gulf War.

Check products for ingredients. If the label says, "may contain the following"
    and lists canola oil, you know it contains canola oil because it is the cheapest
    oil and the Canadian government subsidizes it to industries involved in food
    processing.

I don't know what you'll be cooking with tonight, but I'll be using olive oil
    and old-fashioned butter, from a genetically unmodified cow.

Here is more information..........

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

Canola oil (from the rape or mustard plant) was around for decades before they started genetically engineering it in the 90's. Europe still uses all nonGMO rape. Animals are not fed the oil directly, but the high protein remainder after the oil is extracted.
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

lard last for a long time . no need to keep cool . and hell my grand par live to be in there 90s all 4 . use the stuff every day .
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,125 Posts

I'd suggest getting BUTTER. Freeze it for storage. Much better than cheap cooking oils. Coconut oil is my second choice, and like you Gaillo, I use primarily olive oil for cooking. I never heat EVOO.

Hatha
    Cosmic justice is getting what you deserve.