Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YIPPIE !!! No Need For GSUS or GIM2 or Latoc or Doom Anymore

Book

YIPPIE !!! No Need For GSUS or GIM2 or Latoc or Doom Anymore

Global stocks surge on world stimulus hope

By Manuela Badawy

NEW YORK | Wed Oct 6, 2010

NEW YORK (Reuters) - World stocks surged to a five-month high and the U.S. dollar fell broadly on Tuesday after the Bank of Japan unexpectedly cut interest rates, fueling speculation that other governments will take additional actions to reinvigorate the global economic recovery.

Gold hit yet another record high above $1,340 an ounce, while copper rose to its highest since July 2008 and oil rose to a five-month high as the dollar, driven by investor concern over the outlook for global growth, weakened further.

Risk assets soared on encouraging U.S. services sector data, the BOJ's rate cut and the Reserve Bank of Australia's decision not to raise rates, raising investor hopes that cheap money will flood global economies. The Federal Reserve has suggested it may engage in further quantitative easing unless the U.S. economic outlook improves.

"The thinking today is that the printing of money is going to take place," said Bucky Hellwig, senior vice president at BB&T Wealth Management in Birmingham, Alabama.

"The short-term impact of that is to drive asset prices higher. We've seen it almost across the board in commodities."

The BOJ's measures -- cutting its overnight rate target to virtually zero and pledging to buy 5 trillion yen ($60 billion) worth of assets -- pushed the Nikkei average .N225 to close 1.5 percent higher. The December futures contract for the Nikkei 225 stock index trading in Chicago rose 280 points to 9,630.

Tokyo's action came after Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke said on Monday that more asset purchases could further ease financial conditions and help the economy.

The euro jumped to its highest since February against the dollar on concerns that further U.S. quantitative easing could undermine dollar strength.

A U.S. equities rally was fueled further by data showing the pace of growth in the U.S. services sector, which accounts for 80 percent of U.S. jobs, accelerated last month more quickly than economists had expected, while hiring also picked up.

The Dow Jones industrial average .DJI closed up 193.45 points, or 1.80 percent, at 10,944.72. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index .SPX rose 23.72 points, or 2.09 percent, to 1,160.75, the highest level since mid-May. The Nasdaq Composite Index .IXIC gained 55.31 points, or 2.36 percent, to 2,399.83.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE68S0AQ20101006

Tomorrow, I am going down to BestBuy and purchase that 55" HDTV on my Visa card and stimulate the economy even more! Yippie !!!

|--0--|

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

Re: YIPPIE !!! No Need For GSUS or GIM2 or Latoc or Doom Anymore

LOL... "U.S. services sector, which accounts for 80 percent of U.S. jobs"

Fast food servers, retail sales associates, LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Heh, and there's a bluelight special on toilet paper, and office supplies.

Donald J. Trump IS our very first Black U.S. President

Gold
    Thanks

Sorry to tell you--

I got the last one just before they closed last night!

Hahahahahaha!

It's all mine.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by Book
    Global stocks surge on world stimulus hope

snip/snip

Tomorrow, I am going down to BestBuy and purchase that 55" HDTV on my Visa card and stimulate the economy even more! Yippie !!!
    |--0--|
    If your are engaged in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!
    Shot placement is important! But when the world turns to shit------An A10 Warthog beats a feather duster every time! .50 BMG vs .308 vs .22 * anything
    Incoming fire has the right of way!

Book

Dow crosses 11,000 level after (sh!tty) jobs report

While job creation remains scarce, there could be a silver lining. Expectations are growing that the Federal Reserve will try to stimulate the economy by stepping up its purchases of government bonds. The gloomy jobs report could give the Fed more incentive to act.

Yippie!

Platinum
    Thanks

Recovery Summer is here at last!!!

&quot;Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.&quot;<br /><br />- John Dalberg-Acton, 1st Baron Acton

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews

Great Value Carrots 1970 silver art's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, since everything is getting better, then we can sell all our gold and silver and go back to being regular sheeple. This calls for a celebration. :sarc: :sarc: :sarc:

DISCLAIMER: My gut feeling on silver is just that................My gut feeling. I have absolutely nothing to back up any gut feeling that I might have on silver.

DISCLAIMER2: I am not really a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.

Pepperoni Pizza + Orange Juice + Netflix + Silver art bars = My life.

ATTENTION!!! I stood up to the TP king by making a 3-roll tp bet with him and guess what?............I won.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

With this, and the recent topics regarding public seizure of private properties for renting. Its all becoming clearer, we are too be fully Red by 2012.

Hopefully I will be evicted by then.
    Donald J. Trump IS our very first Black U.S. President

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    With this, and the recent topics regarding public seizure of private properties for renting. Its all becoming clearer, we are too be fully Red by 2012.

Hopefully I will be evicted by then.
    You will be better off because you will get one of the better spots in your local FEMA camp.
    "What Difference, at this time, does it make?"

"What is 'is'?"

"Because you'd be in jail"