Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The shit is about to hit the fan for Pension Funds

Platinum
    Thanks

The shit is about to hit the fan for Pension Funds

http://gold-silver.us/forum/index.php?topic=1248.msg13086#msg13086

Book

Re: The shit is about to hit the fan for Pension Funds

Wow. Well worth the seven minutes to watch this jaw-dropping video.

Thanks

thanks, good vid.
    bump
    "Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive."
    -unknown

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

He didn't touch the fact that the Fed, Frannie, Freddie, and probably FHA (imo) are littered with these things now.

JPM et al have probably dumped most of their holdings by now.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks

Im not sure I want to watch it....Im about six months away from collecting my pension

But SHTF is aways 6 months away...Right?
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." T.J.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. (MJK)

Silence is Treason!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StackerKen
    Im not sure I want to watch it....Im about six months away from collecting my pension

That is going to be a tough pill to swallow for many Ken. The pensions like S.S. were always a ponzi.

I hope you have a contingency plan or 5.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osoab

That is going to be a tough pill to swallow for many Ken. The pensions like S.S. were always a ponzi.

Well I can probably work for another 20 years or more if I need to.

and I plan to keep working for a while anyway...But I hope to work while I collect my Pension from the Carpenters Union.

I watched the Video...That video is about Mortgage foreclosers ... not about Pensions...

My Carpenters pension is Highly diversified last time I looked I think only about 10% was in Mortgages and real estate ....I should be getting another quarterly report any day now....

In my last quarterly report My annuity had turned around and did pretty well actually.
    Im gonna take that in a Lump sum in about six months (God willing) If I invest That Money wisely (thinking more silver)
    I should be ok.

But I have to be Out of the building trades in order to collect my annuity and My Pension

Edit to add; And Yeah I have a couple more contingency plans. One I think is quite promising too.
    But I am still hoping to get my pension money while I do these other things too.
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." T.J.

Silence is Treason!

Thanks

Well I can probably work for another 20 years or more if I need to.

and I plan to keep working for a while anyway...But I hope to work while I collect my Pension from the Carpenters Union.

I watched the Video...That video is about Mortgage foreclosers ... not about Pensions...

My Carpenters pension is Highly diversified last time I looked I think only about 10% was in Mortgages and real estate ....I should be getting another quarterly report any day now....

In my last quarterly report My annuity had turned around and did pretty well actually.
    Im gonna take that in a Lump sum in about six months (God willing) If I invest That Money wisely (thinking silver)
    I should be ok.

But I have to be Out of the building trades in order to collect my annuity and My Pension
    That is great you can take a lump sum Ken. I was going to suggest it, but I have no idea how union pensions work.
    Go out as a private contractor outside of union work if you can. Cash on the barrel head.
    H.L. Mencken

H. L. Mencken

Book

My Carpenters pension is Highly diversified last time I looked I think only about 10% was in Mortgages and real estate ....I should be getting another quarterly report any day now...
    Pensions are invested on Wall Street and when the music stops it all goes POOF!

Watch the video to understand just how huge the cancer is. It will wipe out EVERYTHING including pensions.

Thanks

That is great you can take a lump sum Ken. I was going to suggest it, but I have no idea how union pensions work.
    Go out as a private contractor outside of union work if you can. Cash on the barrel head.
    I can take My Annuity Lump sum, which is a nice chunk of change...

But not the pension. That I will have to collect monthly. If and for as long it is there to collect.

Silence is Treason!