Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else living with kidney stones? UGH.

Zinc
    Thanks

Anyone else living with kidney stones? UGH.

A couple years ago, I noticed a pain in my lower back when I didn't drink enough water... a year and a half ago during a sonogram checking out some bladder issues, a small kidney stone was discovered... the urologist said there was really nothing to do about it but wait for it to pass.

Huh?

Since then, I've had flare-ups of waves of back pain - feels like a really tight pinch for about 5 seconds and goes away... for a minute or so... and happens until I drink a glass of water and it gets things hydrated again.

I started taking an herbal supplement called Stone Free (10 horse pills a day) that seemed to work well... dissolving stone/s (I peed in a glass to look at it, much to the chagrin of my no-knocking-before-entering-mom's-bathroom teenager) and saw little particles that I assumed were bits of stone melting away. It worked so well, I quit taking it when I ran out. It's about $25 for about 2.5 weeks' worth.

When I woke up yesterday, it hurt to get out of bed. Hurt to bend over to put on shoes. I now have pain in the kidney-area that feels like an semi-dull ache - tender to the touch, uncomfortable to sit back in chairs yet uncomfortable to sit forward in chairs. and while I'm soaking in epsom salt/baking soda baths, it's not getting worse but I don't know what's next.

I've never passed a kidney stone. I once had calcium stones removed from my salivary gland (surgically) but decided the second time I got them, to eat really hot salsa and sure enough, that little sucker popped right out without surgery, right there at the Mexican restaurant.

My diet has changed dramatically in the past year or so...I eat healthier now - low sugar (maybe a teaspoon in my coffee but that's not often), no processed foods, little dairy and good organic when I do, no HFCS, no sodas, and I really make an effort to drink at least 68 or more ounces of RO water every day among other changes that I've made that involve more organics (Food Inc. and Food Rules made a huge impact on me). I used to eat at Subway and Taco Cabana for lunch daily. Not any more. No way, no how.

I blame poor diet and too many prescription meds (which I have been completely clean of for the past 1+ years) for the kidney stones (as well as the bladder problems that were horrible to deal with - had an exploratory procedure that I don't recommend for anyone! But that's another story...) and know that the poisons and toxins have left residue and have to make their way out somehow... but this SUCKS.

Kidney stones do not run in my family. I really don't know anyone that has had them just kinda hang out and tumble around like mine have been... I just hear of people with excruciating pain one day and a stone passes a couple days later.

I am tired of drinking water with Apple Cider Vinegar (even though the "mother" doesn't gross me out like it used to) because it just doesn't seem like much good is happening. Yesterday, my man put me on a regimen of drinking his home-brewed colloidal silver to see if that helps the situation.

Any thoughts? Anyone? Thank you!
    I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,722 Times in 1,850 Posts

Re: Anyone else living with kidney stones? UGH.

Have you checked out a magnetic pad to sleep on?

http://magneticosleep.com/better/testimonials/

These are not cheap but the cheap ones won't give you the same results.
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor

Thanks

My daughter just went through this the last several months along with being pregnant. Lots of pain, aching and soreness like you mentioned. She drank a lot of fresh lemmon water. 1-2 lemmons per day in water. Hot showers saved her from a trip to the ER on one occassion, she said it seemed to relax it or something. She has passed a few stones here and there but now seems to be getting better. She was working outside in really hot weather last summer, pregnant and not drinking enough water is what her doctor told her contributed to it. They had told her if she had a stone lodged they would have to put in a stent. I had a brother get a stent put in and he said it bothered him worse than the stones. If you can keep trying to get them passed naturally I think is always the best. Old Herb Lady would probably know of something for you to try. Maybe pm her, she is always willing to help out, very nice lady.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 714 Posts

Sorry to hear of your troubles Liz, I have heard it is really painful but I am no help at all, My guess would be water lots and lots of water.

I am a water dog ! I don't drink anything but water, and I'm sure I'll get something from the plastic bottles I drink it from.

Like Road runner said ask Old Herb Lady, I'm sure she can help you.

Can't they Zap it, with radio waves or a laser or something?

The harder I work, the Luckier I get!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,505 Times in 4,243 Posts

One of the common causes of kidney stones in women is TOO MUCH Calcium supplements. Yeah I'm not kidding. Your body may not be utilizing the Calcium because it is poorly made (by design), and/or you are deficient in other things like Magnesium, Vitamin D, and Phosphorous. Your body will simply carry around all of that Calcium, but not absorb it, creating a large buildup in your kidneys. Many women get kidney stones out here in the West since they improperly supplement Calcium, and since almost all Western doctors are ignorant/frauds, they will not tell you this. Of course the kidney stones could be something else, but Calcium build up is most likely the cause.

Here's a video on how to make your own absorbable Calcium. I'll share some remedies on how to fix this in my next post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiH-ZFocKDc

Thanks
    Thanked 7,505 Times in 4,243 Posts

I've never had this myself, but I know of some popular folk remedy thats helped many people. I don't think it could hurt. I get most remedies I use on myself and others at EarthClinic.com. One of these MAY help you for pennies on the dollar:

__________________________________________________ __________

#1 Remedy - Olive Oil & Lemon Juice (Most Popular)

Mix a cup Olive Oil and a cup of fresh squeezed Lemon Juice.

Drink it straight down and follow with a large glass of water at the first sign of stone pain. The stone(s) will pass within 24 hours.

Paraphrased from here.

((I know you tried this but just posting it for reference for others since this does work for some people))
    #2 Remedy - Apple Cider Vinegar

Drink 2 Tablespoons of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar down with a meal.
    NOTE: You MUST use Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar for this. There is no other substitute unless you make it from scratch.

"I just remembered that I also used acv for dissolving calcification of kidney stones. Suffering two weeks with birthing pains in my back from kidney stones I finally went to the doctor where after x-rays he determined that I did indeed have several small BB sized kidney stones. Of course he wanted to schedule me for surgery go up in me to retreive these stones in a basket type apporatise and $1500.00 later I would be ok. I told my mother and she said she removed hard water deposits from her coffee pot with vinegar. so I took a couple of table spoons of vinegar and within 30 min. to an hour the stones passed."

Paraphrased from here.

For more information go here:
    http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/kidney_stones.html

Gold
    Thanks

Thank you for the link

CC

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae
    I've never had this myself, but I know of some popular folk remedy thats helped many people. I don't think it could hurt. I get most remedies I use on myself and others at EarthClinic.com. One of these MAY help you for pennies on the dollar:

#1 Remedy - Olive Oil & Lemon Juice (Most Popular)

Mix a cup Olive Oil and a cup of fresh squeezed Lemon Juice.

Drink it straight down and follow with a large glass of water at the first sign of stone pain. The stone(s) will pass within 24 hours.

Paraphrased from here.

((I know you tried this but just posting it for reference for others since this does work for some people))
    #2 Remedy - Apple Cider Vinegar

Drink 2 Tablespoons of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar down with a meal.
    NOTE: You MUST use Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar for this. There is no other substitute unless you make it from scratch.

"I just remembered that I also used acv for dissolving calcification of kidney stones. Suffering two weeks with birthing pains in my back from kidney stones I finally went to the doctor where after x-rays he determined that I did indeed have several small BB sized kidney stones. Of course he wanted to schedule me for surgery go up in me to retreive these stones in a basket type apporatise and $1500.00 later I would be ok. I told my mother and she said she removed hard water deposits from her coffee pot with vinegar. so I took a couple of table spoons of vinegar and within 30 min. to an hour the stones passed."

Paraphrased from here.

For more information go here:
    http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/kidney_stones.html
    If your are engaged in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!
    Shot placement is important! But when the world turns to shit------An A10 Warthog beats a feather duster every time! .50 BMG vs .308 vs .22 * anything
    Incoming fire has the right of way!

Thanks

I get them on a fairly regular basis. DYODD, I find that Toradol helps quite a bit when you can't use opiates, for instance, during work. If you can force your self to get up moving, jogging, bouncing will help sometimes. The first one hurts the worst, I've found that over the years they don't seem to hurt as much but they are still quite a nuisance. The last one I passed was quite large and caused me to bleed. I think it will be the last one I pass without medical intervention. There is a machine they use to sonically pulverize the little bastards and that will be my next option.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. A republic is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome." --(Attributed to) Benjamin Franklin

Zinc
    Thanks

I knew this was the right place to seek out help! Thank you ALL!

I guess since I spent all day on the couch yesterday, am on the couch right now, and have off work tomorrow for the holiday, I'm gonna go ahead and mix up a "Kidney Cocktail" of the EVOO and lemon juice. What could it hurt?

It makes sense that the extra calcium has to go somewhere... I'm 37 and don't take a calcium supplement, but when I was 29, a mammogram revealed calcification so that totally makes sense.

I really, really don't want to go to a doctor for this. I have little faith in them anymore. After suffering from a nearly constant bladder infection that lasted for over 9 months and was "untreatable without IV antibiotics," (as well as having to go pee no fewer than 12 times a day and 10 times at night), the urologist opted for testing me for Interstitial cystitis - as I fell into all the criteria for it (tried the elimination diet and found acidic foods irritated my bladder) - very unpleasant test where they knock you out, fill up your bladder beyond its capacity and look for damage. Fortunately, mine was clear of any signs of damage, cancer, etc. Thankfully. Had no clue that the anesthesia would make me SICK. So while I was on high blood pressure meds (put me on it after a bad divorce and left me on it), birth control pills, and a daily antibiotic (for occasional adult acne which cleared up when I cut out sugars), the urologist put me on Vesicare to keep me from sudden urges to go - and ALSO a "sphincter" (sp) relaxer to LET me let go. Huh?! Had the doctors had half a brain instead of just pushing med after med, they would have known that all those drugs - when combined - were the culprit. Once I got off almost everything, my health improved vastly. Now I only take BC, have normal blood pressure, and haven't had a bladder issue in almost 2 years (knock on wood).

So, I really don't have a lot of use for doctors and pharmaceuticals at this point.

Time to squeeze some lemons...

Zinc
    Thanks

Wow, that tasted pretty bad and doesn't feel so nice in the gut. We'll see what happens next... :yuk