Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safe to use Cephalexin (Antibiotic) 6 months past expiration date? Yes or no?

Electrum
    Thanks

Re: Safe to use Cephalexin (Antibiotic) 6 months past expiration date? Yes or no?

Thank you for the response po boy. Did it help to get rid of the infection?

I am currently working in a position where I am on the phone 8 hours a day talking nonstop and I can't afford to miss any work or I will lose my job. Hence I want to try and stop this before it gets worse. I can work through fever and even getting sick, but if I lose my voice I lose my job.

Anyone have any good natural remedies in this situation to fight this type of infection or to help me not lose my voice?
    &quot;GIM2 is for bitches and snitches.&quot;<br /><br />Mr. Rebates 3% eBay Cashback&nbsp; If you buy a bunch off eBay signup for 3% additional cashback through Mr. Rebates.&nbsp; Also up to 15% cashback at other major websites.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

Re: Safe to use Cephalexin (Antibiotic) 6 months past expiration date? Yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Gangsta99
    Anyone have any good natural remedies in this situation to fight this type of infection or to help me not lose my voice?
    There are many hundreds of herbal remedies for just about anything with a search on google. We have 6 or 7 bags of different herbs for different problems and we boil a bit into a tea. Last week I came down with a nasty head cold and my son brewed his "special fixer" next day cold was gone, not kidding either. This is the same kid that I have kept out of trouble (hospital) for half a dozen years (ITP bleeding dis-order) by using variants of the same herbs.

A starter for your situation would be the throat spray "propolis echinacea" to save your throat and voice.

Good luck and I hope you find something!
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks

Gangsta, your more than welcome and yes it is gone. I took one and waited for half a day then finished the six or so I had left over at the rate of 2 per day.

Not so sure about natural remedies however I'll drink lots of water and fast when I feel a sickness coming on.

Hope you feel better.

Great Value Carrots willie pete's Avatar
    Thanks

don't quote me but I think the indicated daily dose for adults is 250mg- 500mg PO Q6...and I wouldn't think the ABs would turn toxic, just loose their potency
    If you don't think to good, don't think too much

Platinum
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gangsta99
    These have been stored in a dark cool and dry place the entire time I have had them.

The reason I haven't gone out to buy more is because so far everything I am finding on Google is showing these don't go toxic like some other antibiotics, and that yes they do lose a little of their potency over time.

I was just wondering if anyone has experience in this type of situation with antibiotics from this forum.

I guess I will report back with the results in a few days if I go through with it. I may wait another 24 hours to see how I feel tomorrow evening.

Anyone have any good natural remedies for a possible upper respiratory infection?
    The best natural remedy is deep sleep during which your immunity will do the work. If you have aches and pains that keep you up, you may wanna pop a xanax or valium for 2-3 days and sleep thru this crap. Always worked for me. Plus gallons of hot unsweetened chamomile tea.
    O tempora, O mores!<br />&quot;Only the small secrets need to be protected. The big ones are kept secret by public incredulity&quot; <br />Marshall McLuhan