Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not absorbing Vitamin D

Thanks

Not absorbing Vitamin D

My girlfriend saw a doctor about a year ago who told her she has a Vitamin D deficiency. The doctor put her on a very high dose of Vitamin D for a year. She recently went for a test to see how they were and the prescription hasn't had any effect on her Vitamin D levels.

It's something that runs in her family, stemming from her grandfather. Has anyone dealt with anything like this before? She drinks milk, eats cheese, ice cream, etc., but her body doesn't absorb it.
    Chatters of GSUS, of GIM, my brothers! I see in you the same fear that would break the connection to this chatroom. A day may come when we forsake all servers and ties of friendship. An hour of trolls and shills when the room is down, but it is not this day! It is not this day! This day, we chat!

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

Re: Not absorbing Vitamin D

Wow.. the first thing that came to my mind is find another doctor...

Hopefully the Old Weed Lady will see this and have some good ideas for you...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luis337
    My girlfriend saw a doctor about a year ago who told her she has a Vitamin D deficiency. The doctor put her on a very high dose of Vitamin D for a year. She recently went for a test to see how they were and the prescription hasn't had any effect on her Vitamin D levels.

It's something that runs in her family, stemming from her grandfather. Has anyone dealt with anything like this before? She drinks milk, eats cheese, ice cream, etc., but her body doesn't absorb it.
    Hi Luis337! Well, your post explains where you've been, I suppose!

Does she get out in the sun at all? 15 minutes a day would be good.
    The more you live, the less you will die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ If you want to be somebody else, change your mind.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k-os
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis337

Hi Luis337! Well, your post explains where you've been, I suppose!

Does she get out in the sun at all? 15 minutes a day would be good.
    I didn't mean you K-os... Your just the weed girl :P

Great Value Carrots willie pete's Avatar
    Thanks

lol

Luis.....how much body-fat does your novia have?
    If you don't think to good, don't think too much

Thanks

Hey K-os. Sorry I haven't been to chat lately...
    Me & her have been spending a lot of time together.
    I see her almost every day and it's great.

She does get out in the sun too. It's a deficiency that comes
    not from lack of Vitamin D being accessible but from her
    body just not absorbing it.

Willie Pete,
    she is bulky due to a pregnancy about two years ago
    and a mix of hard studying.
    Chatters of GSUS, of GIM, my brothers! I see in you the same fear that would break the connection to this chatroom. A day may come when we forsake all servers and ties of friendship. An hour of trolls and shills when the room is down, but it is not this day! It is not this day! This day, we chat!

Thanks

Glad to hear you are happy and having fun!

My understanding is that Vitamin D is absorbed differently through the sun than through ingestion. But, I don't really know anything, and I remember even less of what I know . . . so there's that.
    The more you live, the less you will die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ If you want to be somebody else, change your mind.

Thanks

I think around 50,000 IUs

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Old Herb Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by zap
    Hello Old Weed Lady
    Hi !! That's cute !! Thanks alot Xim !! I love weeds, though. I can pull 'em out of cracks in between the sidewalk
    and make a concoction any ole time ! Weeds growing in the garden are like presents !!!
    they are gifts that keep on giving...

Thanks

Hey Luis. Don't know too much about people having having issues with absorbing vitamin D. Where do you live about? I do know that in the winter when the sun is low in the sky even if you are getting some sun it might not be intense enough for your body to make vitamin D. If you are in a more northern area there is a good chance the sun does not have the proper intensity. Plus there is all the haze most days from the chemtrails as well. Also the vitamin D the body makes is actually on the surface of the skin and takes a while to absorb through the skin. If you get some sun and then take a shower soon after you will wash the vitamin D away. If the prescription stuff is not working for her I would recommend tanning. Make sure she doesn't shower soon after tanning. Tanning at night and shower in morning or tanning in morning and shower at night would be best. If she is worried about germs in the tanning bed she could use a stand up. I tan when I can in the winter.

Hopefully this helps a bit.
    You think that the machine is so powerful that you can't fight, when the reality is that you're the battery that powers the machine.