Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Documentary: The Corporation Nation

Thanks

Re: Documentary: The Corporation Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Santa

Remember Barnacle Bob? He had posted about CAFR and Walter Burien way back. I'd forgotten about it.

That's what the OP video is about.

Here's another shorter video with Burien.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/uy8tnC4xLX8
    Are you talking about the CAFR thread on GIM1? I was just thinking that we need one here, too. I'll start one and people can add any other links they think is relevant.
    Doom is always 6 or 8 months away.
    ~EE_

Platinum
    Thanks

I can't overemphasize how important this video is. I think it might be the single most important video I've ever seen, and I'm not even half way through it. This thread needs to be stickied. The video articulates the situation much better than I ever could. I don't even want to undertake that mission except to say that the video discusses the TRUE financial position of various government entities like states, municipalities, counties, etc...they are NOT broke but filthy rich.

I'm emailing Gaillo to try and get this stickied. I am also going to try and verify the veracity of everything on this video (it might take me awhile I will update the thread as I verify).

Everyone on this forum needs to watch this video.

dys
    Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. <br />And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.<br />Mark 16-17

Iridium
    Thanks

Stick the vid in the Beginner's sticky:

http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-...&#39;-threads/
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Thanks

I've stickied this thread, for now.
    -Gaillo
    There are two kinds of people in this world:
    People who just want to be left alone, and
    People who won't leave them alone.

No coercion, no fraud. Let rationality and liberty prevail! A=A
    Love with your heart... for everything else, use your brain!

"Gold is very patient. Are you?" -mamboni
    "Government has NO business being in the 'business' business" -Gaillo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 999 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lapis
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa

Remember Barnacle Bob? He had posted about CAFR and Walter Burien way back. I'd forgotten about it.

That's what the OP video is about.

Here's another shorter video with Burien.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/uy8tnC4xLX8
    Are you talking about the CAFR thread on GIM1? I was just thinking that we need one here, too. I'll start one and people can add any other links they think is relevant.
    That sounds about right Lapis.

"Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they found it."

Platinum
    Thanks

This thread rocks, too (same subject matter).

http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/the-cafr-(comprehensive-annual-financial-report)-thread/

dys
    Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. <br />And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.<br />Mark 16-17

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dys
    I can't overemphasize how important this video is. I think it might be the single most important video I've ever seen, and I'm not even half way through it. This thread needs to be stickied. The video articulates the situation much better than I ever could. I don't even want to undertake that mission except to say that the video discusses the TRUE financial position of various government entities like states, municipalities, counties, etc...they are NOT broke but filthy rich.
    dys
    I agree with the conclusions in the video, but it gets a bit boring sitting and listening to hi
    reading the names and numbers of the stocks owned by Florida and the Californian teachers pension fund. It could have been way shorter and still exposed how much the state really owns. Another thing why does he examine what the Californian pension fund had in 2000. I think today the fund has bigger payouts, less contributions, and less capital...

I do think he makes a good point, but sometimes less is more!
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Platinum
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro
    dys
    I agree with the conclusions in the video, but it gets a bit boring sitting and listening to hi
    reading the names and numbers of the stocks owned by Florida and the Californian teachers pension fund. It could have been way shorter and still exposed how much the state really owns. Another thing why does he examine what the Californian pension fund had in 2000. I think today the fund has bigger payouts, less contributions, and less capital...

I do think he makes a good point, but sometimes less is more!
    I think the point he was trying to make is that each different investment is an outrage in and of itself. Just because there are hundreds if not thousands of these investments does not in any way dilute the significance of each one. The scope of this criminality is off the charts; possibly even approaching Federal Reserve, Fracitional Banking, and Fiat Currency status. That's how big this thing is.

dys

Platinum
    Thanks

Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports are readily available online. I have looked through some of them, this thing is for real.

On another note I had a very disappointing conversation with a friend of mine last night. I had convinced him to watch this video, and he had watched some of it.

Me: "What did you think of that video?"
    Him: "I don't believe it."
    Me: "Huh? The CAFR are available online, let's look at one of them right now..."
    Him: "Politicians want to get reelected. If this was real, they would take the money and give it to people in order to buy votes."
    Me: "What makes you think the people in charge would let that happen?"
    Him: "There is nothing they could do about it....blah blah blah, politicians want votes."

Round and round we go, where we'll stop, nobody knows.

Bill Cooper used to say that no matter what evidence you stick in front of someone, until they are ready to believe it, they won't. No matter what.
    Bill Cooper was right.

dys

Thanks

On another note I had a very disappointing conversation with a friend of mine last night. I had convinced him to watch this video, and he had watched some of it.

Me: "What did you think of that video?"
    Him: "I don't believe it."
    That's exactly what a friend of mine said. I thought she'd be more receptive to this information since she works for government, but no go.

I even showed her the Wikipedia page for CAFR, since it has some good information and most mainstream people take it as gospel. Nope, nada.

However, don't be discouraged; whether people believe it or not initially, the idea is planted. It's better than not having any idea at all.

I think this is one of the reasons that Google is trying to "discourage" websites/blogs that post aggregate content. This is the primary way that alternative news is spread, and some of it definitely leaks out to the MSM.
    Doom is always 6 or 8 months away.
    ~EE_