Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More about the nickels...........

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,398 Posts
    SPECTRISM time countdown2025

Electrum
    Thanks

Re: More about the nickels...........

Since reading your first off the wall post about nickels I have been investing more and more in silver and gold. Oddly enough I am up way more on that investment than if I was buying boxes of nickels. Strange how that has worked out.
    &quot;GIM2 is for bitches and snitches.&quot;<br /><br />Mr. Rebates 3% eBay Cashback&nbsp; If you buy a bunch off eBay signup for 3% additional cashback through Mr. Rebates.&nbsp; Also up to 15% cashback at other major websites.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

Gansta?........I see that you are a newcomer.....or at least if you haven't been reading all my postings, I always like to have a plan behind the plan, behind the plan.....and nickels is nothing more than one of those plans and not the plan itself......get it?, hope you did because I sure as hell didn't hahahahahaha.

My gold investment has gone up about 3 times and silver investment about 7 times, up till now......that's what you call and investment

In 1972 I bought it (silver) at $2.95 and in 1980 sold it at $43.65.....that's what you call and INVESTMENT ........three smiles for that one.
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce

BANNED (Permanent)
    Thanks

Just went to my CU. Couldn't gauge the tellers reaction well as she had a South American looking man trying to cash a several hundred dollar check without an account there. She didn't let him. It sounded like it wAs a Wells Fargo check.
    Anyway, had to order the box o' nickels. She said they have a lot of rolls then asked how many I needed. Told her I just wanted a box. No issues. Took my name and phone, said I'd get them next week. $200.
    I did get five rolls while I was there. That's five rolls of nickels Ponce, not toilet paper

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Sunny? as long as you want to be sooooooooooo correct......$200.00 is two boxes, not one

BANNED (Permanent)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ponce
    Sunny? as long as you want to be sooooooooooo correct......$200.00 is two boxes, not one
    Well this'll be interesting. Either she quoted me the wrong price or thought I wanted two boxes.
    Maybe nickels are more 'spensive here? Or maybe she quoted me the dimes price? Now I'm hoping there's two boxes!

Great Value Carrots willie pete's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ponce
    Pete?......is what I keep saying over and over again.......in what is to come coins in general will be traded more than the paper fiat........but......the value of the nickel and the pennie will be a little bit higher... you must realise that this will take some time because the same way that 99% of Americans could care less about PM is the way that they will feel about coins in general........and ........the way that I feel about the one oz of silver that you might want to trade for my tp.....and a fancy one oz of silver will not reduce the price of my tp.......or in other words, to me a one oz of silver is a one oz of silve.

PS: Don't waste your good fiat in fancy coins.

Well what I meant Ponce...do you think the current Melt-Ban on nickels and pennies, will ever be lifted so that you might Profit on your investment? or would you say pinga?
    If you don't think to good, don't think too much

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Well, I haven't seen any silver dimes being meltes as of late, have you?........same thing for the curent coins, they will stand up to its own value and NOT because of the melt value.......and like I said before, you may get a few extra oz of rice for you copper penny or your nickels.

Thanks

My silver is heavy enough.

Nickels? If I had a farm house to store them, perhaps. But the space to value ration is a bit too high for me.
    Voting is the opium of the masses.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Well Uncle, I don't go by what is but rather for what it could be, and because I don't know which one it will be I like getting ready for all.