Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radiation Network - real time environmental radiation levels across the USA

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Radiation Network - real time environmental radiation levels across the USA

http://radiationnetwork.com/

Welcome to RadiationNetwork.com, home of the National Radiation Map, depicting environmental radiation levels across the USA, updated in real time every minute. This is the first web site where the average citizen (or anyone in the world) can see what radiation levels are anywhere in the USA at any time
    Could be useful to see how much impact the Japanese radiation has once it crosses the shores of the US.

[Add EPA Link (JQP): http://www.epa.gov/radiation/rert/radnet-data-map.html ]
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Re: Radiation Network - real time environmental radiation levels across the USA

I declare it now useful:

Radiation Reaches California

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 03/18/2011 10:23 -0400

After travelling in the first class confines of the Gulf/Jetstream for the past 3 days, the Fukushima radiation has finally reached California. This happens just as The Hill reports Obama has oredered a full review of all US nuclear power plants. Look for the nuclear pair trade to become all the rage in the next week.

From Reuters:

Very low concentrations of radioactive particles believed to have come from Japan's Fukushima nuclear power plant have been detected on the U.S. west coast, diplomatic sources said on Friday.

The level of radiation was far too low to cause any harm to humans, they said.

One diplomat, citing information from a network of international monitoring stations, described the material as "ever so slight" and consisting of only a few particles.

"It is very low level," another source in Vienna said.

Until it isn't. Any since when are diplomats nuclear power experts?

"What Difference, at this time, does it make?"

"What is 'is'?"

"Because you'd be in jail"

Palladium
    Thanks

They don't say how low. I've been seeing spikes as high as 60.
    I spend so much time believing all the lies<br />To keep the dream alive now it makes me sad<br />It makes me mad at truth for loving what was you

Palladium
    Thanks

yeah saw 60 in Denver, then it went dwn. 60 appears to be at the height of normal radiation levels.

edit: Wow, look at that map. Imagine what would happen if a Tsunami hit the US east coast. It would be the current Japanese crisis x100!

editx2: just saw Denver spike to 68

Thanks

Denver will always be higher because of elevation.
    I'd like to think that all of this constant interaction is just the kind of make you drive yourself away
    Each simple gesture done by me is counteracted and leaves me standing here with nothing else to say

Completely baffled by a backward indication that an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation have simply halted and now the conversation's done

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by undgrd
    It's now at 74. Does that mean it's getting more of the Japanese radiation than the west coast?
    Doom is always 6 or 8 months away.
    ~EE_

Gold
    Thanks

Washington State Dept of Health radiation numbers here

http://www.doh.wa.gov/Topics/japan/monitor.htm

Palladium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lapis
    It's now at 74. Does that mean it's getting more of the Japanese radiation than the west coast?
    I would think that the Mountain winds would help to push this back west. Thoughts?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Correct. Since the Earth's atmosphere keeps out cosmic radiation, a city a mile higher than sea level has less atmosphere to filter out the extra-planetary radiation. It's normal, and not from Japan.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

yeah i saw denver as high as 82 two days ago

looks fairly normal at 66 right now
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months

Silver will have its day...