Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is selling silver?

Silver
    Thanks

Who is selling silver?

Anyone selling silver or switching to gold and waiting for the summer low to re-buy? What price point are you waiting for to exit silver?
    Be cool,<br />Answer2me

Thanks

Re: Who is selling silver?

I am selling a small quantity of silver, not for profits but to convert the frn's recieved for more fruit trees to place in my orchard. Last year at this time it took the equivilent of 1.5 oz of silver per tree, this year it is roughly 2 trees for one ounce and I can't turn it down.

Today I grabbed 20 tart cherry trees between 4 and 5 feet tall and ordered 40 pear, tomorrow I am going to the same place and buy them out of plums, the few pears that they currently have in stock, and maybe 10 blueberry bushes.

All told this will put me at around 150 total fruit trees in various stages of growth, sadly it is about all my craptastic soil (sand) will support, besides raspberry/blackberry bushes which I am also slowly transplanting from the wild.

Food production > precious metals during SHTF IMO.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

Sounds good, Plastic. I just sold three ounces to get the first two complete seasons of Jersey Shore on high-def DVD.

Not!

Great Value Carrots 1970 silver art's Avatar
    Thanks

Last Saturday (April 30), I did sell 19 ounces of .999 silver to a local dealer for a profit. Spot silver was $47.94/oz at the time of this sell. I used the proceeds from that sell to buy some more rare 1980's silver art bars on ebay that were on my silver art bar wish list. I have been selling common-minted silver art bars and generic .999 silver rounds throughout this year in the silver run-up. The 2011 silver run-up has allowed me to get rid of the common-minted .999 silver art bars and .999 silver art rounds that I no longer wanted for a profit. As a result of the profits that I made this year, it has allowed me to buy the rare 1-oz 1970's and 1-oz 1980's silver art bars that were on my silver art bar wish list since this run-up also had some rare silver art bars coming "out of the closet" for a relatively low "collector premium" winning bid on ebay. Basically, I have been upgrading my silver art bar collection and I am very happy with the results. My silver art bar collection looks a lot different now than it did a year ago since I have more rare silver art bars in my collection.
    DISCLAIMER: My gut feeling on silver is just that................My gut feeling. I have absolutely nothing to back up any gut feeling that I might have on silver.

DISCLAIMER2: I am not really a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.

Pepperoni Pizza + Orange Juice + Netflix + Silver art bars = My life.

ATTENTION!!! I stood up to the TP king by making a 3-roll tp bet with him and guess what?............I won.

Thanks

I traded up last week.

The Silver I bought for 33.00 plus five a five dollar premium.
    I traded at 47.. for gold.
    Today I started buying Silver again.

I can't think about whether I got a good deal, I just got what I wanted.

Thanks

I strongly considered trading silver for gold a week ago and did not.

I should have but hindsight is 20/20.

With this nice mid 30's dip I see a buying opportunity and am not beating myself up for doing the swap. Shouldda coulda woulda... I'm buying more silver and will continue to do so at sub 40 rates. My wife is questioning my sanity. She wanted me to dump it all last week.

Selling was not a consideration ever. It was more of a question of portfolio adjustment. (as the stock guys might say.)
    Formerly known as Blorp. "When Chuck Norris picks his nose; he really does find Gold!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grog
    I strongly considered trading silver for gold a week ago and did not.

I should have but hindsight is 20/20.

With this nice mid 30's dip I see a buying opportunity and am not beating myself up for doing the swap. Shouldda coulda woulda... I'm buying more silver and will continue to do so at sub 40 rates. My wife is questioning my sanity. She wanted me to dump it all last week.

Selling was not a consideration ever. It was more of a question of portfolio adjustment. (as the stock guys might say.)

Ug der lat stinki uruk.

I almost traded silver for gold too but decided to continue holding out for single digits.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Really good rant. Will make you feel a lot better:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWBzQZS2-8o

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

I have sold about 450 ounces of silver granule, and I have about 120 ounces left, I bought 1x 100 g goldbar, and 10x 10 g goldbars... And the rest I keep in cash USD. The g/s ratio averaged to about 36.5, and cash was about 46$/ounce. I did good, soon time to back up the truck. Never had any problem buying silver granule here in Turkey at spot. The spread between buying and selling was less than a percent...
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Sounds good, Plastic. I just sold three ounces to get the first two complete seasons of Jersey Shore on high-def DVD.

Not!
    Ha ha! You made me laugh out loud with that one!
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell