Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Board issues

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awoke View Post
    I don't like how all the avatars are showing up all big and with fuzzy resolution. Just sayin...
    Thank you for fixing the Avatar sizes!
    Time is running out, make all the jokes you want, but the future isn't so funny - General of Darkness

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts
    I've noticed that after I post a response, when I click on "New Messages" my posting does not appear at all on the list. Does anyone else notice this?
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    I've noticed that after I post a response, when I click on "New Messages" my posting does not appear at all on the list. Does anyone else notice this?
    Yes and I think it is because you have already seen it. It will happen with reply's and first posts you make.
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
    Yes and I think it is because you have already seen it. It will happen with reply's and first posts you make.
    its' really quite irritating... I suppose it is designed to keep the threads updated, but without consent

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ximmy View Post
    its' really quite irritating... I suppose it is designed to keep the threads updated, but without consent
    This is not good. If one bumps a thread or posts a response, the intent is to keep the thread current. If the software sees such a posting as "seen" and therefore not new, this accomplishs exactly the opposite of a bump or response - the thread gets buried. I hope the MODs can fix this.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    As all of the other threads, that are in the new post section of the forum, once read, poof it it is gone when you refresh, because you have read it.
    Posts and replies will not show to the people that made them, only to the members that have not, until there is a reply. It took some getting used to.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
    As all of the other threads, that are in the new post section of the forum, once read, poof it it is gone when you refresh, because you have read it.
    Posts and replies will not show to the people that made them, only to the members that have not, until there is a reply. It took some getting used to.
    perhaps someone would like to re-read it or reply and it is not there...

Thanks
    perhaps someone would like to re-read it or reply and it is not there...
    You have to go to the sub forum where the original post is. You can reply in "new posts" but you are replying to where ever the original post is, Then you are returned to the new post area.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugginator View Post
    I'm not seeing all the sub-forums, I was wondering what happened to the lounge and discuss gim when i re joined and just wrote it off but today for the first time all the subs appeared and I thought maybe JQP had just imported them today. But tonight I log in and its as if Im a visitor. Any suggestions?

Edit: try going to the website without the www.

http://gold-silver.us/forum

Thanks
    The search engine is useless in basic and advanced mode.
    Time is running out, make all the jokes you want, but the future isn't so funny - General of Darkness