Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: North American Electrical Grid going 'Stuxnet' as part of 'experiment'

Thanks
    I think that's why they are revisiting it. The creepy thing is that NERC is a corporation, and it is in charge of reliability standards and enforcement over the electric transmission system. It has become increasingly tied into DHS and other black ops in terms of "critical infrastructure" and could well be used against the states if they were to see fit. The FERC really should be in charge of this, but they are too retarded to deal with the technical aspects. NERC is flapping their wings about and has some actual power to enforce, fine and etc. but it is a regulator that lacks a .gov address. I never really thought about it before now.
    Patience comes to those who wait.....calculate distance, drop, wind speed, relax and gently commit.

Once the economist's neurons and dendrites are fully programmed (usually for life), economists serve as robotic broadcasting devices explicitly designed to hide the political nature of the economy from the public. In other words, the economist serves no function in society except to protect the ruling elites from public scrutiny while they loot the planet. Jay Hanson

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts
    Mount Etna eruption closes airports and 'knocks clocks 15 minutes fast'
    By DAILY MAIL REPORTER Last updated at 8:42 AM on 11th July 201l

An eruption by Mount Etna [in June] on the Italian island of Sicily left a nearby airport closed and ... locals turning up early for work...

Bemused Sicilians, meanwhile, were quick to blame the volcano after thousands noticed that their clocks were running 15 minutes fast. The fast forward time keeping has affected a wide spectrum of digital clocks and watches - from computers through to alarm clocks.

It was spotted when large numbers of locals started turning up for work early, and a Facebook page was organised for those involved to compare notes.

Fontanarossa airport was reopened at 7am local time after seven sweeping machines worked through the night to clear the runway of ash. The cause of the island-wide clock confusion remains unknown.

http://www.euronews.net/2011/06/10/d...sicilian-town/
    The town of Catania lies at the heart of the mystery and two young locals have set up a facebook page calling for those affected to come forward. One of them, Francesco Nicosia, told French online magazine Rue89 “I realised something was wrong when I started getting to work earlier. After some investigation I noticed that I wasn’t the only one who was on time, which is quite rare here in Sicily.”

This isn’t the first time the island has experienced strange goings on linked to electronic devices: several years ago electronic equipment started spontaneously catching fire across the rural countryside, reports Rue89.

Among the most credible explanations is electrical disturbance caused by underwater cables that have been undergoing maintenance
    http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/vi...5b68602faf4685
    16-06-201

Surge? - A convincing response to the damage but the researchers of the department of electrical engineering at the University of Catania. "Everything could be born - told a local TV Dilettoso Professor Emmanuel - the fact that there are now a network of power generators, such as photovoltaic systems, which are often not self-regulated and thus any small variations in frequency are not adequately compensated '. And there are also those who point out that a few days work is in the submarine cable that comes in Sicily. The case will therefore be sought in the rush to supply electricity? "I thought about it too - replica Francesco Nicosia - but I did check the electrical wiring in my house (230 volts at a frequency of 49.89 Hz) and everything seems smooth. And if so faults should cover all the appliances. "

THE BANK WORRIED - If at first the two friends and colleagues addressed this strange story lightly and almost fun now seem worried. "The other day, Francis said - even the grocery store under the house told me that his digital clock has suddenly made a run. But this is nothing. Arriving at the bank and use that tells me I have to wait a bit '. "Unfortunately - my explanation here all the machines have been put in ...." "You also have the clocks go forward?" I ask for a joke. He said, "but how does she know?". "In short, the alarm clocks crazy is spreading like wildfire and now also runs over the Net
    Revealed yellow alarms 'accelerated'
    the cause is the increased flow of energy
    To repair a fault, the island was separated from the continental network, using its own, but the change has caused problems in the 'balance' of power

From the Corriere della Sera | The mystery of the clocks in Sicily: all along

CATANIA - You have unlocked the mystery of the clocks 'speed up' of eastern Sicily. Neither funny nor appropriate, let alone paranormal phenomenon: rather it would be the consequence of a temporary increase in the flow of electricity. Clock radios that go on for five minutes a day and a microwave oven with timer problems: these are some of the abnormalities seen in Sicily for about three weeks, exactly on time served to the company that manages the distribution of electricity to complete the maintenance ordinary sole undersea cable linking Sicily to Calabria.

For about twenty days the island was separated from the 'continental network "and was self-sufficient in the supply of electricity. But Sicily, energy, produces more than it consumes, and this has created some problems in the "balance" of power delivered to users has fluctuated between 50 and 50.13 Hertz (Hz), creating small "acceleration" to the timer household appliances. In levels strictly according to law, since the rule is a variation between 49 and 50 Hz, which is the number of oscillations performed by the electric current in a second alternate.

The phenomenon has already been used up by the conclusion of the routine maintenance of submarine cable to the one existing in fact "detach" the power grid from the European circuit in Sicily. So the island's network is powered by the hydroelectric system, which is more stable, but also from alternative sources, whose production is not constant. This can create very small changes in frequency, the "dilution" with the continental system makes minors. "The phenomenon is not new - the professor explains Rosario Lanzafame, professor of machinery and power systems at the University of Catania - but it has been noticed and has had more widespread because of the social network and private TV stations that have magnified the incident , giving rise to network in the "yellow watch" in Sicily, but is not mystery. It was a network problem isolation but has been resolved. It will happen again the next departure from the continental network, but it is nothing serious. "

Online Editor
    June 9, 2011