Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic mushrooms' create positive mental and physical health benefits that can last a

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

Magic mushrooms' create positive mental and physical health benefits that can last a

(NaturalNews) Taking just the right amount of a substance found in "magic mushrooms" can help to positively improve attitude, mood, behavior, and happiness levels, according to new study published in the peer-reviewed journal Psychopharmacology. Researchers from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Md., determined that psilocybin, a psychedelic substance found in certain mushrooms, can help improve a person's general well-being for up to a year after taking it -- and it allegedly does not cause any known negative side effects.

"We seem to have found levels of the substance (psilocybin) and particular conditions for its use that give a high probability of a profound and beneficial experience, a low enough probability of psychological struggle, and very little risk of any actual harm," said Dr. Roland Griffiths, professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences and neuroscience at Johns Hopkins, and lead author of the study.

For his study, Griffiths tested the effects of psilocybin on 18 participants ranging in age from 29 to 62. All participants, which were predetermined to be psychologically and physically healthy, consumed varying levels of psilocybin or a placebo once a month for five months, all while being closely-monitored by professionals. Administrators also did not know from month to month which doses they were giving to which participants, or which sessions involved the use of a placebo.

At the end of the study period, Griffiths and his colleagues observed that 94 percent of the study participants rated their experiences with psilocybin either in the top five, or in some cases as the number one, most spiritually significant experiences they had ever had. The report also explains that 84 percent of participants noticed prolonged positive changes in their behaviors, in their relationships with family and friends, in physical and psychological self-care, and in spiritual devotion.

"I feel that I relate better in my marriage," said one participant. "There is more empathy -- a greater understanding of people and understanding their difficulties and less judgment."

http://www.naturalnews.com/032940_ps..._benefits.html

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts
    extremely dangerous things those shrooms
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Now... if they could only come up with a version that doesn't make you PUKE after eating it...
    Did my time with 'shrooms in my youth, most visually "psychedelic" drug I ever tried - what LSD WANTS to be... but I just couldn't handle the puking. I do NOT like throwing up!
    There are two kinds of people in this world:
    People who just want to be left alone, and
    People who won't leave them alone.

No coercion, no fraud. Let rationality and liberty prevail! A=A
    Love with your heart... for everything else, use your brain!

"Gold is very patient. Are you?" -mamboni
    "Government has NO business being in the 'business' business" -Gaillo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Both sillysyum and mescaline cactus have strong puke factors. Seems the longer it can be held down, the longer and better the high.

Lot's of cattle pastures here! Brewing up mushroom sweet tea was the preferred method.

The cactus is a different story, back in the day they were hard to get, and even harder to get down. Better than lsd in some circles.

Or so I have heard! 8)
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,538 Posts
    Giggles! LOL - literally.

I always feel better for several days after a massive laugh fest. This study doesn't surprise me at all.
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,538 Posts
    Puking? I've heard of that with Mescaline, but not with mushrooms? You sure you have your psychedelics straight?

I'm with ya on the puking thing ... UGH... but I've never heard of too many problems with mushrooms...
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewTech View Post
    Puking? I've heard of that with Mescaline, but not with mushrooms? You sure you have your psychedelics straight?
    Yep... even the TASTE (like dirty socks mixed with moldy cheese) made me want to hurl!
    There are two kinds of people in this world:
    People who just want to be left alone, and
    People who won't leave them alone.

No coercion, no fraud. Let rationality and liberty prevail! A=A
    Love with your heart... for everything else, use your brain!

"Gold is very patient. Are you?" -mamboni
    "Government has NO business being in the 'business' business" -Gaillo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewTech View Post
    Mescaline , mostly, mushrooms dependes eating them or brewing a tea with them. Tea not so much. It's the alkaloids in them that give the bad taste, and puke factor.
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Rebel Without a Clue sirgonzo420's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 665 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    extremely dangerous things those shrooms

Not for a strong mind.

Unless of course one eats the wrong species and gets poisoned or something.

Otherwise, psychedelic mushrooms are much safer than sleeping pills, or even Advil.

VERITAS LVX MEA ET VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS.
    All Rights Reserved. - No liability assumed. - No value assured. - Without recourse. - Not amenable to process. - Not to be construed as legal advice. - From without the UNITED STATES.
    Send me encrypted msg/mail with PGP! ---> http://tiny.cc/dpr6ew

Rebel Without a Clue sirgonzo420's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 665 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaillo View Post
    Now... if they could only come up with a version that doesn't make you PUKE after eating it...
    Did my time with 'shrooms in my youth, most visually "psychedelic" drug I ever tried - what LSD WANTS to be... but I just couldn't handle the puking. I do NOT like throwing up!
    Ever tried DMT?

It's a molecular cousin of psilocybin that only lasts a few minutes, but is probably the most profound psychedelic known to man.

VERITAS LVX MEA ET VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS.
    All Rights Reserved. - No liability assumed. - No value assured. - Without recourse. - Not amenable to process. - Not to be construed as legal advice. - From without the UNITED STATES.
    Send me encrypted msg/mail with PGP! ---> http://tiny.cc/dpr6ew