Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get ALL the features of the vBulletin - It's simple

freespirit
    well, what's the drag and drop thing all about?

sorry, but i am not the most computer literate here...this is why we should have a "user reference guide" in pdf format stickied in the board comm section, so i can read it at my leisure, cause i don't always understand what others are saying with embedding, hyperlinking or whatever... i was just starting to get the hang of the old forum, and we made the switch, lol

Thanks
    Thanked 2,782 Times in 1,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
    well, what's the drag and drop thing all about?

sorry, but i am not the most computer literate here...this is why we should have a "user reference guide" in pdf format stickied in the board comm section, so i can read it at my leisure, cause i don't always understand what others are saying with embedding, hyperlinking or whatever... i was just starting to get the hang of the old forum, and we made the switch, lol
    Clear your head for a second, and I don't mean this to offensive, but clear your head of everything you view as tangible.

Now that you've done that view everything you might deal with, excel, word, visio, and the Internet as CODE. When I say CODE, I mean command lines. What are command lines? In the simplest term, your way of instructing what you want done. So for example, the internet uses HTML. What is HTML? HTML, which stands for HyperText Markup Language, is the predominant markup language for web pages. HTML is the basic building-blocks of webpages. OK, now we're getting somewhere, it's a LANGUAGE.

Now that you know it's a language all you have to do is learn so you can communicate with it.

Here are some samples.

[LIST=1][*]ld / Italic / Underline
    [b], [i], [u][*] Color
    [color][*] Size
    [size][*] Font
    [font][*] Highlight
    [highlight][*] Left / Right / Center
    [left], [right], [center][*] Indent
    [indent][*] Email Linking
    [email][*] URL Hyperlinking
    [URL="https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode#url"][*] Thread Linking
    [thread][*] Post Linking
    [post][*] Bulleted Lists / Advanced Lists

[list]
    [*] Images
    [img][*] Videos
    [video][*] Code
    [code][*] PHP Code
    [php][*] HTML Code
    [html][*] Quote
    [quote][*] Stop BB Code Parsing

Those are the beginning of the language. So you want to post an image from a link on the internet, you'd start with [img] put the link here, and then close it out [/img] the / is always the closure, or end result. You always use [ what I want to do ] then end with [/ what I want to do].

Does that make sense?
    Voltaire: "To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize

freespirit
    kinda...gonna take me awhile to digest that...

thanks for the help, though. greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts
    how do you get the Smilies ?

i mean, when you do a reply, or doing a new thread.

BabushkaLady told me that you do the config in "Profile" ... or under "Advanced" ... still can't find them.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Iridium
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gunDriller View Post

BabushkaLady told me that you do the config in "Profile" ... or under "Advanced" ... still can't find them.

After you open your 'reply' window, click on the middle tab "Go Advanced" (below the reply window). That's where the smilies hide out.

8)
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

The fancy ones you see in posts are not on this forum, the poster imports them off the web or their computers. The forum only has a few simple ones.

If you have not done so yet , find the forum actions drop down button, then general settings, scroll down to

Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
    • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    • Basic Editor - A simple text box
    • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

select enhanced, then scroll down and save then exit. That will turn on the full editor. but until JohnQ decides to add more smileys , you will need to build up your own collection , on your desktop or import them from other sites.

Hope this helps.

Attachment 317
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Thanks

I said: When you hit reply there should be a Go Advanced button to the right of reply. If it's not there; go to Settings, then General Settings and scroll down. I think I went to misc stuff and found interactive something or another. Look for WYSIWYG text box, don't choose the simple version.

Still can't find them??

I still can't get a pic from my computer to drag and drop . . . Safari 4.0.4
    "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." --Mae West

Yes! My avatar is always a photo from my adventures.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Cool

testing smiley thing i hope.

oh, that thing.

what if i want to insert a smiley in the middle, or a sarcasm icon after a particular line ?

are those the ones i have to import ?
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by General of Darkness View Post
    Those are the beginning of the language. So you want to post an image from a link on the internet, you'd start with [img] put the link here, and then close it out [/img] the / is always the closure, or end result. You always use [ what I want to do ] then end with [/ what I want to do].

Does that make sense?
    No! You're missing the beauty of this!

If you want to post an image from the internet, you put your cursor over the image, hold down the left mouse button to grab the image, drag the image into your posting box, and then release the left mouse button to drop it into your post. Done! No cutting, no HTML tags, no code or command lines.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

Cool and thanks

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.