Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Department Of Justice Cuts Off Funds For Youth Programs That Mention God

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

The Department Of Justice Cuts Off Funds For Youth Programs That Mention God

The Department Of Justice Cuts Off Funds For Youth Programs That Mention God

Written By : John Hawkins
    June 26, 2013

The military has become hostile to Christianity under Obama, he attacked the Catholic Church in Obamacare and now the Department of Justice is cutting off funding for youth programs that mention God.
    ADVERTISEMENT

http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordp...pg?w=251&h=344
    A Louisiana lawman is livid over the federal government’s decision to cut off funds for two programs to help troubled young people, all, he says, because he refused to sign a pledge to bar prayer or any mention of God at their meetings.

Julian Whittington, the sheriff of Bossier Parish, La., told Fox News the Department of Justice Office of Civil Rights defunded $30,000 for their Young Marines chapter as well as a youth diversion program. Federal officials objected to a voluntary student-led prayer in the department’s youth diversion program and an oath recited by the Young Marines that mentions God, according to Whittington, who blasted what he considers the government’s “aggression and infringement of our religious freedoms.”
    “We were informed that these are unacceptable, inherently religious activities and the Department of Justice would not be able to fund the programs if it continued,” Whittington told Fox News. “They wanted a letter from me stating that I would no longer have voluntary prayer and I would also have to remove ‘God’ from the Young Marine’s oath.”

The DOJ and the Office of Civil Rights are aware of the controversy but did not return phone calls seeking comment.

Fox News obtained an email written by an attorney for the DOJ’s Office of Civil Rights raised questions about references to God and church along with the phrase “love of God.” The attorney also raised questions about one of the five elements of the Young Marines Creed – “Keep myself clean in mind by attending the church of my faith.”

…The sheriff said the programs have been in place for at least ten years and until now – the prayers and the mention of God have never been an issue.

…The Young Marines was founded in 1958 and has more than 10,000 members in 300 chapters. The organization focuses on character-building, leadership and promotes a drug-free lifestyle.

Mike Kessler, the national executive director of Young Marines, told Fox News that he was disappointed to hear about the controversy surrounding the Bossier Parish chapter.

“I’m saddened the DOJ felt it necessary to pull whatever funding they provide because clearly when a sheriff’s office takes the kids in – they are looking at the program as a way to help kids who might otherwise get into trouble,” he said.

Kessler said Young Marines does not promote a specific religious faith. He said he could not fathom why the DOJ would take issue with portions of their creed that mentions God and attending the church of their faith.

“That’s such a generic statement,” he said. “We’re not talking about the local Baptist church. We’re not talking about a specific religion. I don’t understand how much more generic we can be.”
    Never before in American history have Christians faced a man as hostile to their faith as Barack Obama in the White House.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Re: The Department Of Justice Cuts Off Funds For Youth Programs That Mention God

One can only worship the state, it cannot be more clear than that.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

collector (26th June 2013),Twisted Titan (26th June 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Re: The Department Of Justice Cuts Off Funds For Youth Programs That Mention God

One must bow to the Emperor Obamus Bidenus.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

God isnt very popular amongst the luciferians.........

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serpo For This Useful Post:

gunDriller (26th June 2013),Twisted Titan (26th June 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

the ones in my family that have left this world would not know it . the turning point for this country is getting closer every day
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 925 Posts

America has now turned into people bitching that the Feds wont support them. GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK.

So this guy wont sign a paper stating he wont use the word 'God', but he finds it perfectly acceptable to take STOLEN money from the Feds to use for his own purpose?

Where the fuck is the moral principle in this country?
    My Etsy store: https://twitter.com/xIOWNMEx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iOWNme For This Useful Post:

osoab (26th June 2013)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Where the fuck is the moral principle in this country?
    It caught the last train to Clarksville.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

monies were previously earmarked for chabad... more for them, none for you!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

The satanists are firmly in control of this country. Most of the people are practicing Christians and can't even recognize the stanic works in front of their own eyes. I'm not a Christian and it's obvious to me what is happening.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

This stuff bothers me, and I'm an atheist. Christianity is the foundation of Western civilization.