Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Massive quake March 21, 2012, exactly 6 months after Elenin? Not Joking. (Doom)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts
    Joe King why do you keep harping about Elenin? It was only brought in by the OP and vacuum has already apologized about it.

Joe King
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Joe King why do you keep harping about Elenin? It was only brought in by the OP and vacuum has already apologized about it.
    I was just using it as an example of a recent incarnation of the "alignment theory" dooom stuff that over the years keeps getting re-hashed with a new spin put on it.

Edited to add: One thing I find frustrating about many of these theories is that the people who originally came up with them rarely ever seem to come back and say they were waaay off base and how wrong they were and apologize to all the people they've mis-lead, but instead they just move on to some new made-up dooom scenario while simply forgetting they ever talked of the prior one.
    ie the name of Sorcha is one that comes to mind. Why anyone listens to him is beyond reason.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts
    Sorcha exists for you to do what you just did JoeKing.

http://www.reeve.com/Documents/SAM/G...smTutorial.pdf
    Occasionally, the slope of the secular drift changes rather suddenly; that is, the change takes place in a time period less than one year. These magnetic jerks do not occur periodically, the most recent occurred in 1969, 1979, 1992 and
    2003. It is thought they may be caused by differential movement between Earth’s core and the outer crust. The 1969 magnetic jerk was not a global phenomenon. It was quite clear in Europe but undetectable at most observatories in North America...

Earth’s field experiences a slow westward drift. The drift rate corresponds to a complete circuit around Earth in about 700 to 2000 years (depending on who is making the calculation), although it is unlikely that any individual feature of the field survives that long.

Joe King
    Quote Originally Posted by keehah View Post
    Sorcha exists for you to do what you just did JoeKing.
    What are his successful predictions? I've always seen a lot of hype. The little boy who cried "wolf!" comes to mind. Sorry, just callin' it the way I see it and I used it as an example of what I was referring to in my previous post.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transit_of_Venus
    Before 2004, the last pair of transits were in December 1874 and December 1882. The first of a pair of transits of Venus in the beginning of the 21st century took place on 8 June 2004 and the next will be on 6 June 2012. After 2012, subsequent transits of Venus will be in December 2117 and December 2125.
    http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/2012-venus-transit.html
    Venus transits are rare, and tend to come in pairs. The current pair occur during 2004 and 2012. The previous pair occurred back in 1874 and 1882, then 1761 and 1769, and so on back through history. Venus is our nearest neighbour, and during this transit, or conjunction with the Sun, is only about 26 million miles away from the Earth. I present here an edited version of Pavel's explanation of his theory:

"The earthquake that occurred on 12/26/2004 had very close ties with Venus transit on 6/8/2004. The Earth, Venus and the Sun were on one line, and furthermore this line pointed toward constellations Taurus ,Orion, Gemini, where the main gravitational tug from space, closest stars, and nebulas comes from.

"The Earth's axis is tilted toward those constellations during the present era, and during that time there was also grouped the inner planets.

Additionally, the Moon was (end of spring, beginning of summer) was in its highest position in the sky, so its tidal forces were strongest. During the Indonesian earthquake and tsunami Venus was again in the identical position 6 months before.

"There was similar catastrophe on 8/26/1883, what happened Less than 9 months after Venus transit from 12.6.1882, when Krakatoa volcano erupted, accompanied with earthquakes, tsunami killing 10000 people died.
    http://www.solarstorms.org/Scommun.html
    November 17, 1882 - During the November 17, 1882 Great Aurora, the telephone lines of the Metropolitan Telephone Company refused to work until after 2:00PM. Disruptions were also reported on the cables to Cuba and Mexico. The Chicago stock market was severely affected all day. It produced a compass bearing deflection of nearly 2 degrees, All telegraphic transactions east of the Mississippi River and north of Washington D.C came to a halt. The Chicago stock market was severely affected all day, There was an electric storm which downed the wires and left members of the Board of Trade largely to the devices of their own heads." [New York Times 11/18 p. 1]

Joe King
    "The earthquake that occurred on 12/26/2004 had very close ties with Venus transit on 6/8/2004. The Earth, Venus and the Sun were on one line, and furthermore this line pointed toward constellations Taurus ,Orion, Gemini, where the main gravitational tug from space, closest stars, and nebulas comes from.
    What exactly, were the "very close ties"?
    Also, if a transit of Venus means it passes across the face of the Sun as seen from Earths perspective, how could a transit that happened 6 months earlier have any effect at all? Earth would be on the opposite side of the Sun and Venus would no longer be in-line.
    ...and yea, solar storms can cause problems on Earth. So?

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Perhaps there will be babblers who claim to be judges of astronomy although completely ignorant of the subject and, badly distorting some passage of Scripture to their purpose, will dare to find fault with my undertaking and censure it. I disregard them even to the extent of despising their criticism as unfounded. For it is not unknown that Lactantius, otherwise an illustrious writer but hardly an astronomer, speaks quite childishly about the earth's shape, when he mocks those who declared that the earth has the form of a globe. Hence scholars need not be surprised if any such persons will likewise ridicule me. Astronomy is written for astronomers. -Nicolaus Copernicus

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts
    Forget the doom its not going to happen ,no Niribu ,no elinin no nothing...........

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    "Forget the doom its not going to happen ,no Niribu ,no elinin no nothing..........."

The illogicality of that statement can indicate this is an emotive outburst (to deny doom fears?).
    For myself I'd like to understand how things relate, and our planet dances. Perhaps understand threats that could affect food production for a few years.

Once one understands real doom, and most truth seekers today are still in denial of this, one is more easily able to try to understand the cosmos more scientifically.

Real doom brought to you by controlling psychopaths and breeding consumptive zombies with the technical ability to take from anywhere on the planet.

We (humans) don't need no stinking planets, no comets, no outside forces to make doom happen....

The Sixth Great Extinction: A Status Report (2004)

Almost 440 million years ago, some 85 percent of marine animal species were wiped out in the earth's first known mass extinction. Roughly 367 million years ago, once again many species of fish and 70 percent of marine invertebrates perished in a major extinction event. Then about 245 million years ago, up to 95 percent of all animals—nearly the entire animal kingdom—were lost in what is thought to be the worst extinction in history.

Some 208 million years ago, another mass extinction took a toll primarily on sea creatures, but also some land animals. And 65 million years ago, three quarters of all species—including the dinosaurs—were eliminated.

Among the possible causes of these mass extinctions are volcanic eruptions, meteorites colliding with the earth, and a changing climate. After each extinction, it took upwards of 10 million years for biological richness to recover. Yet once a species is gone, it is gone forever.

The consensus among biologists is that we now are moving toward another mass extinction that could rival the past big five. This potential sixth great extinction is unique in that it is caused largely by the activities of a single species. It is the first mass extinction that humans will witness firsthand—and not just as innocent bystanders.

Joe King
    Quote Originally Posted by keehah View Post
    "Forget the doom its not going to happen ,no Niribu ,no elinin no nothing..........."

The illogicality of that statement can indicate this is an emotive outburst (to deny doom fears?).
    Did you watch the video? Do you know what texts were used to come up with Nibiru as it is popularly theorized about today? It's seems that it was just made up. If it wasn't, he should be able to provide the texts he used to determine it.
    The fact he wouldn't screams fraud.

For myself I'd like to understand how things relate, and our planet dances. Perhaps understand threats that could affect food production for a few years.
    That's comendable, wanting to further ones understanding about the World in which one lives.
    However, when people throw these wild theories around for others to eat up with no proof at all, it should be looked at skeptically.

Almost 440 million years ago, some 85 percent of marine animal species were wiped out in the earth's first known mass extinction. Roughly 367 million years ago, once again many species of fish and 70 percent of marine invertebrates perished in a major extinction event. Then about 245 million years ago, up to 95 percent of all animals—nearly the entire animal kingdom—were lost in what is thought to be the worst extinction in history.
    As they say, stuff happens.

Some 208 million years ago, another mass extinction took a toll primarily on sea creatures, but also some land animals. And 65 million years ago, three quarters of all species—including the dinosaurs—were eliminated.
    I'd say that was a good thing. Could ya imagine tryin' to live with dinosaurs running around eating people?

Among the possible causes of these mass extinctions are volcanic eruptions, meteorites colliding with the earth, and a changing climate. After each extinction, it took upwards of 10 million years for biological richness to recover. Yet once a species is gone, it is gone forever.

The consensus among biologists is that we now are moving toward another mass extinction that could rival the past big five. This potential sixth great extinction is unique in that it is caused largely by the activities of a single species. It is the first mass extinction that humans will witness firsthand—and not just as innocent bystanders.
    I agree, we should quit killing species.