Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Multi Vitamins / Daily Vitamins

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joboo View Post
    Vitamins T, H, and C.
    That's a good one...
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

Thanks
    Thanked 6,457 Times in 4,275 Posts
    Okay, not sure if this was answered or not so if no one shoots me down it would be cool. Dont want to start a new thread on it.

What is the consensus on these Swanson whole food vitamins?

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU152/ItemDetail

Also what is recommended for additional vitamin B complex? Been using Now B-50 for years, really helps when I feel like a heart attack especially after drinking like a Sailor:

http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/Pro...t2=Vitamin%20B
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rocket Bitches! View Post
    I was reading about how the B12 they put in multivitamins, cyanocobalamin, breaks down as cyanide in your body.
    There is good cyanide and bad cyanide. Organic cyanide is actually very good for you, and in my view essential to healthy lives for mammals. In nature there's a lot of Vitamin B-17 in grasses and seeds, so when you get domesticated animals and animals in zoos their chances of getting cancer are high (since they have diets lacking in Vitamin B-17), while while in nature cancer in animals is almost non-existent.

I eat apricot kernels all the time to get Vitamin B-17 (cure/prevention of cancer.) These have high levels of organic cyanide in them, to where you can literally taste the cyanide, but I never get sick, though it just tastes horrible!

G. Edward Griffin (Creature From Jekyll Island) wrote a book and made a documentary on this issue in the 70s.

Cyanide is also part of Vitamin B-12, but again it's in an organic form, so it's safe.

Think of it this way: Sodium (Na) is highly combustible in water, and Chlorine (Cl) is a poisonous gas, but when together, they form salt, which is safe/essential to life.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    What is the consensus on these Swanson whole food vitamins?
    http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU152/ItemDetail
    I suggest them since I believe they helped me. I could be wrong. I do a lot of other things like drinking a tablespoon of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar with every meal, taking Chlorella, raw honey, probiotics, milk thistle/dandelion root (detox/liver), and cayenne. I also take a bunch of other stuff if certain problems arise, so I have a large stock of different things for different issues. I think one of the biggest things you can do is cutting out wheat completely out of the diet, and it can help anyone with their health immensely if they do this, and eliminate a LOT of weight (I still make/eat pizza, bread, noodles, soy sauce, and so forth without wheat, and it tastes just as good if not better.)

With this alternative medicine stuff there is no true "authority". You literally have to try it yourself and try to be as objective as possible. Vitamins/supplements/detox/elimination diets can take up to 4 months (usually less) before they start working, so you have to be patient. The most important part is being objective. I literally have to believe it wont work on purpose so I don't fall into the placebo effect like many people do. I've tested many vitamins/supplements on myself and some work, some don't (for me at least.) Part of this journey is figuring it out on your own.

Following a consensus isn't always a good path, since if you did, you wouldn't be following alternative medicine in the first place.

Thanks
    Now my wife gets into the subject... not sure about this one, has a bunch of stuff, not sure from the description if it is good or all chemicals:
    http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-...ngredientFacts

Thanks
    Hers semms to have more gooder stuff except the vit D is D2 where swanson is D3

Man the farther I go the deeper it gets... sigh

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts
    i always figured the basic idea of nutrition was to build a healthy compost pile - in your stomach.

in my case that means, 8 to 12 fruits & vegetables a day, anywhere from 2 to 4 sources of protein at lunch.

+ exercise to burn it off. swimming in my case.

i take multi-vitamins too.

what i would like to learn about multi-vitamins - i alternate between taking the Cheap-o store brand, and "Simply One" for men, which has small amounts of stimulants - green tea, gingko biloba, etc.

i could swear i notice a difference between the Cheap-o vitamins and the Simply One vitamins.

in any case it's good to compare notes - because i believe you guys more than the allopathic's (conventional vaccine&drug-promoting American doctors etc.)
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Re: Multi Vitamins / Daily Vitamins

bump! didn't see this thread at the time, and it just so happens I'm nearing the bottom of a bottle of cheap rum Kirkland (Costco) "Daily Multi" (with "Compare to Bacardi Centrum" touted on the bottle ).

I had the impression before that in most cases, the store-brand of these supplements came from the same mftr's factory as the big-brands, and with store-brands you're just cutting out paying big-brands' image/advertising costs; so I always opted for the store/generic brands. For example, I also have a big bottle of Kirkland ibuprofen around, not Advil/etc, same reason. Not good I guess?

Also see:
    Thread:
    Gwen Olsen | Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gunDriller View Post
    i always figured the basic idea of nutrition was to build a healthy compost pile - in your stomach.
    why is it I suspect you often hear, "OH! YOU STINK!" when you're around others?

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks

1 hr podcast re the harmful additives in supplement pills. I haven't listened but it's in my queue, as I really like this doc.

I recall hearing past supplement gurus mention that when authentic supplement (esp organic) companies get successful, they get bought by Big-Pharma, and the quality of the products drops, harmfulness rises

Healing With Dr Daniels - Supplemental Additives

Featured
    Tue, Jun 18, 2013 10:00PM UTC

Download this episode

Dr. Jennifer Daniels’ show entitled, "Healing with Dr. Daniels" airs every Tuesday at 6:00 pm EST. The show reveals the workings behind the Modern Health System, how it creates illness and how to avoid this planned outcome. Dr. Daniels provides insights and solutions. This week's Topic: Are Supplement additives detracting from your health? People are seeking to avoid dangerous chemicals and unwittingly expose themselves to the same additives that are contained in pharmaceuticals. Dr Daniels will examine some pharmaceutical additives that have found their way into supplements, the health consequences and what you can do.

For further info visit http://vitalitycapsules.com/truth-files and www.Drjenniferdaniels.com.