Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are there any natural ways to increase pancreatic function?

freespirit

are there any natural ways to increase pancreatic function?

my g/f is a type 1 diabetic, and her pancreas doesn't function normally. we were trying to figure out if we could somehow get her pancreas to start functioning in a more normal fashion. this would alleviate her dependancy on her 24hr insulin, and she may be able to manage with just the fast acting kind...

does anyone have any knowledge at all in this area? any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Thanks
    I don't know of any ways to treat the pancreas in type 1 diabetics. with type 2 there is a possibility of reversal.

Insulin is used to remove excess glucose from the blood stream so if she eats less carbs she might still need to use some insulin but could likely reduce her use/dosages dramatically.

Look into a ketogenic diet. It is basically a diet that is very high in fat, moderate to high protein and very little carbs. I read an article in the epoch times about a type 1 diabetic living to 90 without insulin by eating a ketogenic diet.

I don't know too much about nutrition for diabetics so you will need to do your own research. Here is one link I found with quick search to get you started.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/41...pe-1-diabetes/

http://www.google.ca/search?q=ketoge...ient=firefox-a
    You think that the machine is so powerful that you can't fight, when the reality is that you're the battery that powers the machine.

Thanks
    look into a vitamin b series it has helped

and low carbs is good .

http://www.diabeteshealth.com/read/2...-and-diabetes/
    Please remember.... once the pin is removed, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNocturnalEgyptian View Post
    The main thing I learned from history is that most men fail to learn from history.

freespirit
    yeah, we're already counting carbs, and are able to keep her sugars in a reasonable range (for the most part).

we will do some digging on the ketogenic diet you mentioned Son of Liberty, thanks for the tip, and the links.

mightymanx- i had a feeling vitamin B would be beneficial. will DSD on that as well.

also, i know it may sound extreme, but we had even discussed the possibility of a transplant (hypothetically, anyways) and if it were feasible, it would theoretically cure her diabetes. coincidentally, it would also allow the dr's to fix her retinopathy, restoring some, if not most of her sight.

as for her diet, we eat fairly healthy (well, she does, lol) lots of veggies, no bread, fruit, lots of water...she can pretty much eat whatever she wants providing she doesn't go over her carb limit.

seems like a pretty shitty deal that all the physical problems she has are related to one little organ.

freespirit
    Awoke had mentioned a book on water fasting to me last christmas, and in particular a chapter that discussed the effects of water fasting on diabetics, but she's not totally sold on water fasting yet.

Large Sarge
    gymnema sylvestre is amazing stuff, seriously.

I have used it in the past, just to tighten up my own blood sugar (help with weight loss, etc)

reports of the pancreas actually regenerating after its use....

freespirit
    that's really interesting, Large Sarge... i did a little reading on it, as well as what the others had mentioned...there certainly is some promising information.

thanks for the input, Sarge!

solid
    Freespirit, has your g/f tried oil pulling? There's been a thread or two that's passed through the forum on the benefits of oil pulling. I remember reading about a case where a woman cured diabetes. Also, I believe a member here cured his Asthma with oil pulling.

Worth looking into, perhaps.

Thanks
    look into pancreatic enzyme supplements. also try a raw organ meat diet...liver, pancrease...as long as it's all natural, grass fed beef.

Thanks
    Raw milk from Jersey or Guernsey cows? Back in the early 1900s, it was used to help a few diabetic patients at the Mayo Foundation, the precursor to the Mayo Clinic.

"Patients with cardiac disease respond splendidly without medication. In patients who have been taking digitalis and other stimulants, the drugs are withdrawn. High blood pressure patients respond splendidly and the results in most instances are quite lasting. The treatment has been used successfully in obesity without other alimentation. One patient reduced from 325 pounds to 284 in two weeks, on four quarts of milk a day, while her blood pressure was reduced from 220 to 170. Some extremely satisfying results have been obtained in a few cases of diabetics."

"About ten years ago a very sick man came to the Sanitarium suffering from a severe cystitis and nephritis. He was a diabetic. As milk contains about five percent milk sugar, it was feared that he could not manage this amount of sugar. But he did manage it, and improved in every way and in eight weeks was sugar free. My experience with milk diet in diabetes has been limited, but very interesting. These few patients, only seven or eight, have been much pleased with the results. Insulin was used for a time in some of the cases. They all became sugar free, or nearly so, after from four to ten weeks. From the fact that these patients were able to use a much more liberal diet than diabetics usually can take [after the treatment], it would seem to indicate that at least a partial regeneration of the pancreas is not impossible."

This is an excerpt of "The Milk Cure: Real Milk Cures Many Diseases" written in 1929 by Dr. J. R. Crewe.