Thread: Herbal Cold & Flu Tonic

Old Herb Lady

Herbal Cold & Flu Tonic

It's strong, but I like it. Alot. Good to have on-hand.

INGREDIENTS:

Raw Apple Cider Vinegar

1 part fresh chopped Garlic Cloves

1 part fresh chopped White Onion

1 part fresh grated Ginger Root

1 part fresh grated Horseradish Root

1 part fresh chopped Cayenne Peppers or the hottest peppers available

Fill a glass jar 3/4 of the way full w/equal parts by volume (i.e. a cup of each) of the above fresh chopped and grated herbs.
    Then fill jar to the top with raw apple cider vinegar.
    Close and shake vigorously and then top off the vinegar if necessary.

Shake at least once a day for two weeks, then filter the mixture through
    cheesecloth and bottle & label. When you make this tonic shake it every time you walk by
    it, at least once per day but the more the better.

This tonic is extremely powerful, the dosage is 1/2 to 1 ounce, two or more times daily (1- 2 Tbs.).
    Gargle if you have a sore throat and swollow. Do not dilute, take it straight.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Sounds highly flammable too! Avoid open fires when you breathe!

I imagine you get dragon-breath from it too??
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts
    These things go down much easier with a dose of bourbon.

Thanks
    Couldnt have posted this two weeks ago? Im sick as a dog right now!
    If someone asks you what good is a hi-cap MAG ban when there are millions of them already around and you answer, "well clips can't be reused" you're switching into full retard mode. -MadFranks

Old Herb Lady
    Yes, it's strong, your kitchen will smell pretty potent for a while, your eyes will water, your sinus will clear ALL just while making it.

It's not for the weak. You just gotta choke it back. The stinky breath thing, you can just put a drop of peppermint oil on your tongue or chew some parsley.

I'd rather take this than be sick anyday. My poor husband got real sick with a bad cold. It was awful.
    He wasn't getting better & said that he was going to the doctor to get some antibiotics.
    WTF ? I said please try that stuff I made. He said no, it's disgusting. I said please. He said can I at least mix it with some honey to sweeten that $hit ?
    I said do whatever you want, just please try it. Voila ! He's a believer in "that disgusting stuff" now. LOL .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 714 Posts
    LOL OHL I have posted this tonic somewhere before, and my hubby used to make it, and last year my SIL sent some home with me its a cure all after it burns your guts out (they just called it the cure all )
    The harder I work, the Luckier I get!

Old Herb Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by zap View Post
    LOL OHL I have posted this tonic somewhere before, and my hubby used to make it, and last year my SIL sent some home with me its a cure all after it burns your guts out (they just called it the cure all )

Yes I made that one, too !!
    This one's pretty much the same thing except for (long term storage) the shaking & steeping for a couple of weeks & also the added onions.
    Now I like to keep all those raw ingredients in the freezer so I have them on hand in case my already batch gets low & need to make more.
    Also, it won't burn your guts out if you take some slippery elm before ingesting it. The slippery elm coats the stomach & guts to save you from burning up !

Ooops guess I shoulda mentioned that in the OP.

You still drinking it ? I'm so used to it now, I guess. I can drink a half a glass of it instead of a shot ! HA !!!! Crazy Old Woman !

And when you get it down , you can't help but make that Aaaaaagh sound . LOL Definitely NOT Uhhhhh.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 714 Posts
    No I think I dumped it, last time I drank it Idrank it I just about puked, we'll see, maybe i'll make some again and like your hubby said sweeten it and dilute it.
    The harder I work, the Luckier I get!