Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 35 Million Americans Harbor an Ugly Secret:

Thanks
    Some how I thought the title was referring to to those time when one passes gas and get an added bonus.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ximmy View Post
    35,000,003! No make that 35,000,002 again I just realized I am not American...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunDriller View Post
    it's vaguely comical, in a very dark way, that the world's biggest crime organization has a full-time PR agency to re-paint their image. seems like the ADL is their main PR agency, but of course there's the SPLC etc.
    not to mention, most brutally racist & anti-Authentic-Semitic crime organization (think: Apartheid ziOccupied Palestine)

it's like their PR only knows one trick: the Chutzpah Maneuver.

recall the Defamation Experts' (agents of the real 911 perps) choice of title for their 9/11 10th anniversary smear piece,

Decade of Deceit:
    Anti-Semitic 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    from FOX News: just kidding, it's from Haaretz:

• Published 07:50 04.11.11
    • Latest update 07:50 04.11.11

Ultra-Orthodox spitting attacks on Old City clergymen becoming daily

Clergymen in the Armenian Church in Jerusalem say they are victims of harassment, from senior cardinals to priesthood students; when they do complain, the police don't usually find the perpetrators.

By Oz Rosenberg
    Ultra-Orthodox young men curse and spit at Christian clergymen in the streets of Jerusalem's Old City as a matter of routine. In most cases the clergymen ignore the attacks, but sometimes they strike back. Last week the Jerusalem Magistrate's Court quashed the indictment against an Armenian priesthood student who had punched the man who spat at him.

Johannes Martarsian was walking in the Old City in May 2008 when an young ultra-Orthodox Jew spat at him. Maratersian punched the spitter in the face, making him bleed, and was charged for assault. But Judge Dov Pollock, who unexpectedly annulled the indictment, wrote in his verdict that "putting the defendant on trial for a single blow at a man who spat at his face, after suffering the degradation of being spat on for years while walking around in his church robes is a fundamental contravention of the principles of justice and decency."
    "Needless to say, spitting toward the defendant when he was wearing the robe is a criminal offense," the judge said.

When Narek Garabedian came to Israel to study in the Armenian Seminary in Jerusalem half a year ago, he did not expect the insults, curses and spitting he would be subjected to daily by ultra-Orthodox Jews in the streets of the Old City.

"When I see an ultra-Orthodox man coming toward me in the street, I always ask myself if he will spit at me," says Narek, a Canadian Armenian, this week. About a month ago, on his way to buy groceries in the Old City, two ultra-Orthodox men spat at him. The spittle did not fall at his feet but on his person. Narek, a former football player, decided this time not to turn the other cheek.

"I was very angry. I pushed them both to the wall and asked, 'why are you doing this?' They were frightened and said 'we're sorry, we're sorry,' so I let them go. But it isn't always like that. Sometimes the spitter attacks you back," he says.

Other clergymen in the Armenian Church in Jerusalem say they are all victims of harassment, from the senior cardinals to the priesthood students. Mostly they ignore these incidents. When they do complain, the police don't usually find the perpetrators.

Martarsian left Israel about a year ago. He was sent back home by the church, as were two other Armenian priesthood students who were charged after attacking an ultra-Orthodox man who spat at them.

The Greek Patriarchy's clergymen have been cursed and spat on by ultra-Orthodox men in the street for many years. "They walk past me and spit," says Father Gabriel Bador, 78, a senior priest in the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate. "Mostly I ignore it, but it's difficult.

Sometimes I stop and ask the spitter 'why are you doing this? What have I done to you?' Once I even shouted at a few of them who spat at my feet together. They ran away," he says.

"It happens a lot," says Archbishop Aristarchos, the chief secretary of the patriarchate. "You walk down the street and suddenly they spit at you for no reason. I admit sometimes it makes me furious, but we have been taught to restrain ourselves, so I do so."

Father Goosan Aljanian, Chief Dragoman of the Armenian Patriarchate in Jerusalem, says it is often difficult for temperamental young priesthood students to swallow the offense.

bout a month ago two students marching to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre beat up an ultra-Orthodox man who spat at them. They were sent away from the Old City for two weeks.

"I tell my students that if they are spat at, to go to the police rather than strike back" says Goosan. "But these are young kids who sometimes lose their cool."

A few weeks ago four ultra-Orthodox men spat at clergymen in the funeral procession of Father Alberto of the Armenian Church. "They came in a pack, out of nowhere," said Father Goosan. "I know there are fanatical Haredi groups that don't represent the general public but it's still enraging. It all begins with education. It's the responsibility of these men's yeshiva heads to teach them not to behave this way," he says.

Father Goosan and other Patriarchy members are trying to walk as little as possible in the Old City streets. "Once we walked from the [Armenian] church to the Jaffa Gate and on that short section four different people spat at us," he says.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national...daily-1.393669

Mark Glenn of Ugly Truth Blog comments:

ed note–no commentary should be necessary, but we’ll do it all the same. Spitting on Christians in Israel is not jsut a once-in-a-blue-moon thing, but a regularity. Furthermore, (and the real issue that needs to be discussed, considering the Christian world’s s;avish devotion to Israel and to all things Jewish) is that there is nothing out of character about it–JEWS DESPISE CHRISTIANITY, as evidenced not only by the accounts in the New Testament, but as well the historical record of the last 2,000 years.

THE REAL ‘SCOOP’ here is the fact that nothing involving the (common) Jewish practice of spitting on Christians will be discussed on Fox News, at John Hagee’s church, on Joseph Farah’s WND or any other “pro-Christian” outlet doing the Jews’ dirty work of fomenting and perpetuating this ‘clash of civilizations; between the Christian and Islamic worlds, and in the process, idiot Christians will continue to support their eternal enemy with more of their tax dollars, freedoms and blood of their children servingin uniform.

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts
    If a point of view is labeled an "ugly secret", it seems those that hold that secret would own all the media to keep it secret. Hmmm...kinda makes one rethink just who has ugly secrets.

Thanks
    US lawmaker apologizes for “anti-Semitic” remark

Texas Republican rep. Larry Taylor uses phrase 'don't Jew them down' to describe insurance companies' bargaining with claimants; later issues apology stating: 'I regret my poor choice of words, sincerely apologize for any harm they may have caused'

Ynet Published: 11.05.11

A US lawmaker from Texas has apologized after making anti-Semitic comments at a hearing of the Joint Legislative Committee on Windstorm Insurance.

According to reports, Republican state representative Larry Taylor used the phrase “don’t try to Jew them down,” in reference to insurance payments for victims of the Katrina Hurricane. Immediately after making the comment, Taylor said “that’s probably a bad term.” He later apologized publicly.

In a letter written shortly after his remarks, Taylor wrote: “At a legislative oversight committee hearing today, I inadvertently used a phrase that many people find offensive. I corrected myself immediately when I realized what I had said. I regret my poor choice of words and sincerely apologize for any harm they may have caused.”

‘Age-old anti-Semitic stereotype’

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) slammed Taylor’s remarks, and sent him a stern letter in which it denounced the act.

Shortly after, Taylor issued another apology letter addressed to the pro-Israel organization, in which he stated: “Anti-Semitism and intolerance have no place in our society and in our government. I understand the impact of my comments and am deeply sorry for the message that was sent. I have a deep respect for the Jewish people and their history, and hope to work to strengthen that relationship in the future.”

ADL Southwest Region Associate Director Dena Marks responded to Taylor’s apology, noting that “Representative Taylor called us this morning and told us he made a mistake yesterday and did not mean to offend anyone. He also sent us a letter so that we would have his apology in writing.

“After our conversation with Representative Taylor, we believe he understands that the phrase ‘Jew them down’ comes from an age-old anti-Semitic stereotype, that he realizes it offends people, that he won’t use it again. We recognize and appreciate he took quick action to correct himself and apologize.”

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...144069,00.html

also see:
    Feinberg Says Half of $20 Billion BP Fund Should Cover Claims

BP oil spill fund sued for fraud and negligence

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Fixed it.
    Before I read your post I was going to post the exact same modification as you.
    You think that the machine is so powerful that you can't fight, when the reality is that you're the battery that powers the machine.

Thanks
    I am the 15%
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months

Silver will have its day...

Thanks

Re: 35 Million Americans Harbor an Ugly Secret:

another thought-criminal, Latin American this time,
    Anti-Semitism on Venezuelan TV decried - Israel Jewish Scene ...
    "3 days ago ... Jewish Scene: B'nai B'rith slams Holocaust denial, repudiation of Zionism by guest on state television."

I'm less surprised that ADL is active in Latin America cracking their shame whip, as I am by this:
    “This kind of raw anti-Semitic material can unfortunately be found regularly in the state-owned Venezuelan media and in direct violation of a promise Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez made last year to curtail such rhetoric,” said B’nai B’rith International President Allan J. Jacobs.
    So much for Chavez being a maverick, who was independent of the zio-ranch!

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

Re: 35 Million Americans Harbor an Ugly Secret:

I also harbor a horrible secret ......... and to all I say........I AM SOOOOOOOO SORRY........my secret is........I hate chocolate icecream, there..........I feel better now.

First stupid post of the day..........good morning to one and all.
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce