Thread: Boy, 8, is his own boss after starting internet business.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

Boy, 8, is his own boss after starting internet business.

I had my "Squeezables" and he has his marbles.....one item..... no problems.
    ========================================

The tiniest tycoon: Boy, 8, is his own boss after starting internet business... selling marbles.
    By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 1:29 PM on 14th November 2011

Harli Jordean is not your average eight year old.
    While his friends are playing computer games, he is busy liaising with suppliers, buying stock and handling orders for his internet marble empire.

The tiny tycoon from London has been running the thriving marbleking.co.uk website for two years, selling anything from tubs of marbles to £599 limited edition Duke of York solitaire tables.
    You're hired: Harli Jordean keeps himself busy with the day-to-day operations of his internet marble empire while showing off a serious sense of style

The company is now turning over thousands of pounds each year - with orders flooding in from as far away as America.

Harli is so busy he's even had to employ his mum and two older brothers to help him cope with the sheer demand for products on his website.

But, instead of being overwhelmed, the primary school pupil remains professional and has ambitious plans for the future.

Top of the list is becoming the next Sir Alan Sugar, and like the Apprentice boss, wants to grow his young firm.

Harli said: 'My dream is to have a chain of stores like Hamleys - it will be one of the biggest toy stores in the world but selling all sorts of marbles.
    Mad about marbles: The eight-year-old started the business two years ago after becoming frustrated with the lack of marble choice for his own collection
    'My friends love that I have my own business. At first some of them didn't believe me - but they do now. They are some of my best customers.

'I love marbles and I love having my own marbles company.'

The astute businessman also revealed that the key to success is definitely delegation.
    'I like being the boss, but I like to get others to do some of the work so that if something goes wrong it is not all my fault,' Harli said.
    The excitable entrepreneur kick-started his way to becoming a millionaire when he innocently began trading marbles with friends in the playground.

But when some older kids took all his stock, Harli turned to the bank of mum to buy him some more on the net.
    The marble king of Stoke Newington: Now the company turns over thousands of pounds every year and has orders coming in from as far away as America
    And after they struggled to find anywhere dedicated to selling Harli's favourite toy, he begged his mum, Tina, to let him start his own site.

Within months of launching, Tina was shocked to see orders flooding in - with Harli handling them all on his own.

Tina, 51, said: 'Harli has been obsessed with marbles ever since he was six.

'He used to sleep with them under his pillow. The last thing he talks about before going to bed is marbles and they are the first things he mentions in the morning.
    'His obsession became so big we started calling him the Marble King - so when he wanted to set up a website it was the natural name for it.
    Hero: Harli, left, has also set his sights on overtaking Sir Alan Sugar, right, as the nation's most recognisable boss - perhaps a spell on the Young Apprentice is in order?

'My thinking was it would be a good way to teach Harli some great life skills and show him responsibility.

'I never thought it would become so popular - we are struggling to cope with the number of orders at times.'

The mum-of-three added: 'I helped him set up the site, but he's now trading with the world instead of just the playground all on his own.

'Harli has a hand in everything. He picks out stock at the suppliers and when orders come in he handles it all, packing, sending - everything.

'All I do is the accounts and try and reel in his overenthusiastic ideas.

'He's very dedicated even getting me to drive him to deliver a package when we realised it wouldn't get there on time in the post.'

Tina says Harli now wants to mass-produce his own branded marbles in China - before selling them the world over in his own shops.

She added: 'As a boss he is very amenable and has his own ideas of how to do things.

'He is fiercely ambitious and is very determined and outgoing.

'Sometimes his ideas are so grand we have to scale them back a bit. But his dream is still to own Britain's biggest marble shop and open stores around the world.

'At the minute he is pestering me about creating his own Marble King marbles - so that could well be the next step for him.'
    Lord Sugar, if you're reading...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1dkHfetVe
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce

Great Value Carrots LuckyStrike's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Boy, 8, is his own boss after starting internet business.

He may be good but is he ZZZZZZ Best?
    http://www.truthinourtime.com/

"Speed is the only truly modern pleasure" - Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

I think the kid lost his marbles.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Methinks someone besides harli is behind this:

"We must realize that our party's most powerful weapon is racial tensions. By propounding into the consciousness of the dark races that for centuries they have been oppressed by whites, we can mold them to the program of the Communist Party. In America we will aim for subtle victory. While inflaming the Negro minority against the whites, we will endeavor to instill in the whites a guilt complex for their exploitation of the Negroes. We will aid the Negroes to rise in prominence in every walk of life, in the professions and in the world of sports and entertainment. With this prestige, the Negro will be able to intermarry with the whites and begin a process which will deliver America to our cause."
    Israel Cohen, A Racial Program for the Twentieth Century, 1912. Also in the Congressional Record, Vol. 103, p. 8559, June 7, 1957

Thanks

"Sometimes his ideas are so grand we have to scale them back a bit."

Yeah, his original plan was to sell one gigantic marble the size of a football stadium for 10 billion dollars, so he could buy a rocket powered space suit to travel to mars, and become president.

Imagine his surprise when he found out he had to sell thousands of little ones just to get an Xbox, the space suit thing is out, and Santa Claus isn't real.
    It was time to move on. Too many jello head moonbats with personality issues post on this forum.

Great Value Carrots LuckyStrike's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    Methinks someone besides harli is behind this:
    Absolutely.

I'm not sure if anyone caught the attempt at humor in post 2, and I didn't have time to elaborate earlier. But I found this story very fascinating (I would copy paste, but there are videos and such)

http://www.truthinourtime.com/2011/0...umbag-jew.html

Now I don't think this niglet is necessarily tied up with the mob or running a ponzi scheme, but it is certainly the jewsmedias attempt (as hoarder pointed out) to build up some mamzer as the next great entrepreneur much as they did barry minkow. I mean come on read the article, they are handling "thousands of pounds worth of orders" big deal, I made "thousands of dollars' mowing yards and such before I had a drivers license does that warrant a newspaper article? Perhaps if I was a niglet.
    http://www.truthinourtime.com/

"Speed is the only truly modern pleasure" - Aldous Huxley

Book

http://dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com...will-smith.jpg

Image manufactured by some jew manager behind the scenes...lol.

Thanks

Like others have said, sure some 8 year old is doing this on his own... sarcasm.gif
    Not to mention it's some mulatto, we know how the media likes to hype up their "triumphs" and disregard their failures.

"...he is busy liaising with suppliers, buying stock and handling orders for his internet marble empire."

yeah sure..... It pisses me off that people think I'm so stupid as to believe this shit, it pisses me off equally that other people ARE stupid enough to believe this shit.
    Take it easy on me guys, I'm a victim of Holocaust related melancholy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

You don't have the right to contract until you reach the age of majority. I'll guarantee that 8 is not yet there.

A 16 year old with a student drivers license hauled into court. The court keeps trying to get him to come back with his parent or guardian. They cannot contract with HIM. If this were your kid do him a service and stay the hell away.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

Buddha? and why can't you "believe" it........you think that everyone is slow in thinking?..........I'll tell you something, If a dumb Cuban refugee with a 10th grade education can make X millions of dollars with a simple hand stress ball then why can't the kid do the same thing?.........remember that Mozard wrote his first sinphony at the age of five.

As far as I am concern is also not what you have but also how you handle what you have......I hope you enjoy your $5.00"lathe" at Star Buck while reading this........by the way, I have never set foot in a Star Buck.
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce