Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imagine If...Ron Paul

Thanks
    Thanked 4,030 Times in 2,199 Posts

Re: Imagine If...Ron Paul

No matter who becomes president, there will be tough times ahead. If RP is the president, we may end up more like Iceland than, say, Greece.
    Christianity didn't originate in the Middle East:
    http://www.mountainman.com.au/Apollonius_the_Nazarene_1.htm

Thanks
    Thanked 2,364 Times in 1,122 Posts

The big problem is that markets are not free. Just look at the gold market and how it is manipulated, and how corrupt the regulating agencies are--the SEC and the CFTC. Also, it slipped by me in my post above that cutting $1 trillion would necessarily be followed by a $1 trillion reduction in taxes. But this is like the peace dividend after the fall of the Soviet Union--it may never happen. We could get a $1 trillion reduction in the government budget and no tax decrease. I think the deflationary depression would be greatly mitigated by bankruptcies--especially if the big banks go bankrupt--as they are currently--and they can write off a whole lot of debt. That's what the big banks are trying to avoid now--writing off any assets--even the toxic ones that will never be paid. With bankruptcies, debt will disappear, and a tax cut should stimulate the economy far more than any government stimulus program.

But I think Ron Paul needs to create an arm's-length distance between the government and corporations instead of being in bed with them. If he gets rid of the laws that favor the monopolies,, they will crumble on their own--and that would be good for America. But will TPTB let him do that? We shall see.

Hatha
    Cosmic justice is getting what you deserve.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hatha Sunahara View Post
    I hope I'm not offending the more die-hard RP supporters by asking these questions. Hatha
    You may want to look around at www.killtheempire.blogspot.com they are discussing these things.

I figure get him elected, then we can sort out all the economic questions. That alone will accomplish much.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,328 Posts

Critique of Ron Paul’s Austerity Plan

Webster G. Tarpley on Guns and Butter
    Guns and Butter
    December 28, 2011

Interesting, but WT does not account for what the federal government is chartered to do relative to what was cut. Agree with WT that some of these programs are "good" things, but is it the federal government's responsibility?

Thanks

Thanks JQP. I listened to that last night. Revived a lot of my questions.

Hatha

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,328 Posts

My biggest issue with Ron Paul is what his policies will do to deal with the collapsed derivatives bubble. I suspect he would say let the banks collapse, don't bail them out. This may be the right answer. But no regulation could be just as bad as too much.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    My biggest issue with Ron Paul is what his policies will do to deal with the collapsed derivatives bubble. I suspect he would say let the banks collapse, don't bail them out. This may be the right answer. But no regulation could be just as bad as too much.

Simple don't deal with banks and usury.

Thanks

I would vote to let the big banks die. I would also support RP endorsing Bill Still's Monetary Reform Act. The government should create its own money and not have to pay interest on it. Since the big banks own the Fed, the Fed should die with them.

Hatha

Joe King

Quote Originally Posted by Hatha Sunahara View Post
    I would vote to let the big banks die. I would also support RP endorsing Bill Still's Monetary Reform Act. The government should create its own money and not have to pay interest on it. Since the big banks own the Fed, the Fed should die with them.

Hatha
    I like Bills stuff too, but the problem with that is it would require the politicians in DC to exercise fiscal restraint.
    Can ya even imagine how much "money" they'd create if Congress had a magic button they could press to create the "money"? They'd end up blowing the economy wide open and in short order.

ETA: The only way I see that as having any real chance of success would be if the rest of the Constitution was strictly adhered to as it was intended the day it was written.

I say the rest of the Constitution because Bills plan seems to violate it. ie only gold/silver coin.