Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Storage food on sale now...

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

Storage food on sale now...

I use these for food and storage... great price @ $85.00 includes free shipping.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...uctsInCategory

Each ARK contains the following:
    330 Total Servings
    2,100 calories/day for 30 days
    Oatmeal - 60 Servings
    Hearty Potato Soup - 60 Servings
    Chicken Vegetable Stew - 30 Servings
    Mixed Vegetables - 30 Servings
    Instant Potatoes - 60 Servings
    Macaroni & Cheese - 30 Servings
    Beef Flavored Vegetable Stew - 30 Servings
    Cheddar Broccoli Rice - 30 Servings

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Re: Storage food on sale now...

Quote Originally Posted by ximmy View Post
    I use these for food and storage... great price @ $85.00 includes free shipping.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...uctsInCategory

Each ARK contains the following:
    330 Total Servings
    2,100 calories/day for 30 days
    Oatmeal - 60 Servings
    Hearty Potato Soup - 60 Servings
    Chicken Vegetable Stew - 30 Servings
    Mixed Vegetables - 30 Servings
    Instant Potatoes - 60 Servings
    Macaroni & Cheese - 30 Servings
    Beef Flavored Vegetable Stew - 30 Servings
    Cheddar Broccoli Rice - 30 Servings
    Do you know what the shelf life is?
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Iridium
    Thanks

In reading the reviews, 20 years. Haven't read the ingredients yet...
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Unobtanium
    Thanks

It says 15 years.

I used one bucket for 20 days, all I ate as a test, (five days a week for a month) and still had over half of the food left over.
    I ate most of the Potato Soup, Chicken Vegetable Stew, Mixed Vegetables, Beef Flavored Vegetable Stew.

I still have or gave away all the Oatmeal, Instant Potatoes, Macaroni & Cheese, Cheddar Broccoli Rice.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ximmy View Post
    It says 15 years.

I used one bucket for 20 days, all I ate as a test, (five days a week for a month) and still had over half of the food left over.
    I ate most of the Potato Soup, Chicken Vegetable Stew, Mixed Vegetables, Beef Flavored Vegetable Stew.

I still have or gave away all the Oatmeal, Instant Potatoes, Macaroni & Cheese, Cheddar Broccoli Rice.
    oh yeah, I was losing weight too the whole time... something I wasn't trying to do... that was strange.

Iridium
    Thanks

p. 3 of reviews:
    A excellent value
    Pros: convenient, easy storage, low cost, 20 year shelf life
    Cons: none

Model Number: Chef's Banquet ARK 1 Month Food Storage Supply # 582275

"This product is a very good value and in an emergency could be a life saver. It arrived promptly and in a cardboard box which kept the bucket clean and in great shape (unlike other companies that don't protect the bucket in shipping). .
    I would like to point out that there is a error in the COSTCO listing for this item. The listing states it has a shelf life of up to 15 years. The product says 20 years on the front label. So that's a big plus.
    Hats off to Costco for offering this product.
    A tasty meal at 2100 calories a day which stores for up to 20 years and only costs $99? A great value indeed!"

Would you check your labels ximmy? Maybe they've been changed since this Jan. review?
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~

geoengineeringwatch.org

Iridium
    Thanks

How did you like the taste/quality, etc.?

geoengineeringwatch.org

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MNeagle View Post
    p. 3 of reviews:

Would you check your labels ximmy? Maybe they've been changed since this Jan. review?
    Yeah, the labels on the containers say up to 20 years. I hope I'm not eating this stuff when I'm 50...

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MNeagle View Post
    How did you like the taste/quality, etc.?
    The potato soup was awesome, like New England Clam Chowder, I mixed almost everything else into this soup base over time. I never got heartburn and I was never hungry between meals.

Iridium
    Thanks

I can't get the nutritional info link to work; is the claim of "No MSG" really true, or is it lurking in the ingredients under other names (i.e. autolyzed yeast, etc.)

geoengineeringwatch.org