Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Storage food on sale now...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Re: Storage food on sale now...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    It is, how fast time flies by. I just had a couple of cases of mountain house #10 cans delivered. Going through some old preps recently, I had to toss some old canned food that didn't look right. I had vacuum sealed some dried fruit that went bad. It feels like a waste. A lot of my old preps I'm wondering if I can trust them.

I'm sticking to freeze dried stuff for preps going forward, because of the long shelf life. If SHTF, I won't be eating to enjoy meals, but just to refuel my body anyway. I can also catch enough fresh fish for myself and many others, if needed. Rice and fish, for dinner, can be quite satisfying and nurturing.
    Sounds like a plan!
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    You're bending my mind.

Let's go back in time to GIM1 2006 and tell them that Russia and Saudi Arabia and OPEC are now practically GIVING away oil because of a world-wide glut in 2016.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

I wanted peeps to see that true prepping is living normal but with a good reserve of normally used items.

What a bunch of noobs we were...

Yes, we have learned a lot since then.