"Speed is the only truly modern pleasure" - Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

Re: Storage food on sale now...

that is a hell of a deal ximmy, thanks.

solid

Quote Originally Posted by ximmy View Post
    I used one bucket for 20 days, all I ate as a test, (five days a week for a month) and still had over half of the food left over.
    I ate most of the Potato Soup, Chicken Vegetable Stew, Mixed Vegetables, Beef Flavored Vegetable Stew.

I still have or gave away all the Oatmeal, Instant Potatoes, Macaroni & Cheese, Cheddar Broccoli Rice.
    Thanks a lot, Ximmy. I just placed an order. I think it's great you tried this out and shared with us your feedback, sharing this info is what makes this site great.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,637 Times in 3,209 Posts

I was looking at the freeze dried fruits.

They list the probable countries of origin. Lots of Chinese listed there.

Why wouldn't ximmy's find not list country of origin?

The freeze dried meat combo also doesn't list the country of origin.

Thanks for the link ximmy. I think I may try a few.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks

i'm backing up the truck on this one, thanks Ximmy

Great Value Carrots LuckyStrike's Avatar
    Thanks

What are they packaged like inside the bucket itself?
    http://www.truthinourtime.com/

"Speed is the only truly modern pleasure" - Aldous Huxley

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MNeagle View Post
    I can't get the nutritional info link to work; )
    It's a PDF file; see if you can get this link to work:

http://www.costco.com/Images/Content...PDF/582275.pdf

is the claim of "No MSG" really true, or is it lurking in the ingredients under other names (i.e. autolyzed yeast, etc.)
    Yes, it's lurking in some of them along with partially hydrogenated oils and other junk. The worst dish is the innocuous-sounding "Chicken and Vegetables," which has a whopping 2.5 grams of trans-fats per one cup serving.

The strange thing is the label claims that there's a total of 22 grams of carbohydrates, yet 36 grams of sugar. Maybe they left a decimal point out and it should be 3.6.

Also, do note that neither this dish nor the "Vegetable Beef" contain any beef or chicken meat.

The oats and mixed vegetables have no questionable ingredients, though. It's a mixed bunch, but it wouldn't kill you to eat these in emergency situations as long as you had other foods and drank plenty of water.
    Doom is always 6 or 8 months away.
    ~EE_

Iridium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lapis View Post
    It's a PDF file; see if you can get this link to work:

http://www.costco.com/Images/Content...PDF/582275.pdf

Yes, it's lurking in some of them along with partially hydrogenated oils and other junk. The worst dish is the innocuous-sounding "Chicken and Vegetables," which has a whopping 2.5 grams of trans-fats per one cup serving.

The strange thing is the label claims that there's a total of 22 grams of carbohydrates, yet 36 grams of sugar. Maybe they left a decimal point out and it should be 3.6.
    Waiting a few minutes & that PDF finally loaded. I think the 36 g. of sugar is probably correct, as it has 'corn syrup solids' as an ingredient; which I believe would act as a sweetener.

Will be passing on this offer. But thanks for the heads-up!
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Thanks
    Thanked 4,637 Times in 3,209 Posts

What is the extra charge for not being a "member"? Has anyone without a membership ordered these buckets? TIA

edit found the surcharge price for non members

http://shop.costco.com/Customer-Serv...aspx#Surcharge
    Why was I charged a Non-Member Surcharge at checkout?

Costco members need to enter their membership number during the registration process in the My Account section. Non-members will be charged a 5% surcharge over the member's posted product prices (except for prescription drugs). If you are not a member, we encourage you to join. Membership information.

If you are a member, please click on My Account to enter your membership number and update your account information prior to completing your purchase. The 5% surcharge will be removed if your account is updated prior to order completion.

If you are not yet a member, you will have the opportunity to add a membership to your shopping cart at the checkout page. The 5% surcharge will be removed if a membership is added prior to order completion.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks

youtube has some reviews of the ark bucket. I ordered 3 last week, should be here by end of this week.
    “A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. ” Heinlein, Robert