Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 925 Posts

Ron Paul debate highlights - Arizona

Havent watched it yet, but here you go:

My Etsy store: https://twitter.com/xIOWNMEx

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Ron Paul Highlights in 2/22/2012 Presidential Debate

"Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

Re: Ron Paul debate highlights - Arizona

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Thanks

In the first 1:30 Ron Paul is asked:

Mod - "Why do you call Rick Santorum a fake?"

Ron Paul - "Because he is fake."

Thanks

Whats all this talk about Ron Paul and Romney teaming up together?

http://www.prisonplanet.com/has-ron-...tt-romney.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sui Juris View Post
    Whats all this talk about Ron Paul and Romney teaming up together?

http://www.prisonplanet.com/has-ron-...tt-romney.html
    That's been floating around for awhile now but I just don't think RP would make any sort of "deal" with anyone, he has too much character and principle.
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Something I would like to see talked about...Newt made a statement again about bowing to a Saudi king for oil.
    It probably would go over most peoples heads, but it should be explained why we bow to a Saudi king and why these crypto-Jew Saudi Royals weren't inplicated in 9/11.
    This I believe is the soul reason why the US has no desire to become energy independent. It would destroy the petrodollar.

Petrodollar became the essential basis for the US economic hegemony in the 1970s

A petrodollar is a dollar earned by a country through the sale of oil. In 1972-74 the US government concluded a series of agreements with Saudi Arabia, known as the U.S.-Saudi Arabian Joint Economic Commission, to provide technical support and military assistance to the power of the House of Saud in exchange for accepting only US dollars for its oil. This understanding, much of it never publicised and little understood by public, provided Saudi ruling family the security it craved in a dangerous neighbourhood while assuring the US a reliable and very important ally in OPEC. Saudi Arabia has been the largest oil producer and the leader of OPEC. It is also the only member of the cartel that does not have an allotted production quota. It is the 'swing producer', meaning that it can increase or decrease oil production to bring oil draught or glut in the world market. As a result of this situation, Saudi Arabia practically determines oil prices. Soon after the agreement with Saudi government, an OPEC agreement accepted this, and since then all oil has been traded in US dollars. Hence the oil standard became the dollar standard.

Now why would this matter so much?

Oil is not just the most important commodity traded internationally. It is the key industrial mineral, without which no modern economy works. If you don't have oil, you have to buy it, and if you want to buy it on the world markets, you commonly have to purchase it with dollars. Other countries buy and hold dollars like they buy and hold gold because they cannot purchase oil without dollars. In 2002, a former US ambassador to Saudi Arabia told a committee of the US Congress: 'One of the major things the Saudis have historically done, in part out of friendship with the US, is to insist that oil continues to be priced in dollars. Therefore the US Treasury can print money and buy oil, which is an advantage no other country has.'

This system of the US dollar acting as global reserve currency in oil trade keeps the demand for the dollar 'artificial' high. This enables the US to carry out printing dollars at the price of next to nothing to fund increased military spending and consumer spending on imports. There is no theoretical limit to the amount of dollars that can be printed. As long as the US has no serious challengers and the other states have confidence in the US dollar the system functions.

This has been the situation and the essential basis for the US economic hegemony since the 1970s. Needless to say, this system enables the US administration to effectively control the world oil market.

The petrodollar is one of the key foundations of the modern world economy that inescapably filters through geopolitics. While this has produced undeniable benefits for the US political and economic elites, it has left the US economy intimately tied to the dollar's role as global reserve currency.

Read more if you like: http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/fee...petrodollar-0/
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    Something I would like to see talked about...Newt made a statement again about bowing to a Saudi king for oil.
    It probably would go over most peoples heads, but it should be explained why we bow to a Saudi king and why these crypto-Jew Saudi Royals weren't inplicated in 9/11.
    This I believe is the soul reason why the US has no desire to become energy independent. It would destroy the petro-dollar.

Petrodollar became the essential basis for the US economic hegemony in the 1970s

A petrodollar is a dollar earned by a country through the sale of oil. In 1972-74 the US government concluded a series of agreements with Saudi Arabia, known as the U.S.-Saudi Arabian Joint Economic Commission, to provide technical support and military assistance to the power of the House of Saud in exchange for accepting only US dollars for its oil. This understanding, much of it never publicised and little understood by public, provided Saudi ruling family the security it craved in a dangerous neighbourhood while assuring the US a reliable and very important ally in OPEC. Saudi Arabia has been the largest oil producer and the leader of OPEC. It is also the only member of the cartel that does not have an allotted production quota. It is the 'swing producer', meaning that it can increase or decrease oil production to bring oil draught or glut in the world market. As a result of this situation, Saudi Arabia practically determines oil prices. Soon after the agreement with Saudi government, an OPEC agreement accepted this, and since then all oil has been traded in US dollars. Hence the oil standard became the dollar standard.

Now why would this matter so much?

Oil is not just the most important commodity traded internationally. It is the key industrial mineral, without which no modern economy works. If you don't have oil, you have to buy it, and if you want to buy it on the world markets, you commonly have to purchase it with dollars. Other countries buy and hold dollars like they buy and hold gold because they cannot purchase oil without dollars. In 2002, a former US ambassador to Saudi Arabia told a committee of the US Congress: 'One of the major things the Saudis have historically done, in part out of friendship with the US, is to insist that oil continues to be priced in dollars. Therefore the US Treasury can print money and buy oil, which is an advantage no other country has.'

This system of the US dollar acting as global reserve currency in oil trade keeps the demand for the dollar 'artificial' high. This enables the US to carry out printing dollars at the price of next to nothing to fund increased military spending and consumer spending on imports. There is no theoretical limit to the amount of dollars that can be printed. As long as the US has no serious challengers and the other states have confidence in the US dollar the system functions.

This has been the situation and the essential basis for the US economic hegemony since the 1970s. Needless to say, this system enables the US administration to effectively control the world oil market.

The petrodollar is one of the key foundations of the modern world economy that inescapably filters through geopolitics. While this has produced undeniable benefits for the US political and economic elites, it has left the US economy intimately tied to the dollar's role as global reserve currency.

Read more if you like: http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/fee...petrodollar-0/
    Maybe this needs its own thread but in response to EE's input on oil, energy and dollars I have but one word that addresses this....HEMP! I'm not just talking about getting high, I'm talking industrial hemp production. It's another one of those 4 letter words and another elephant in the room topics to TPTB, one thing that would stand the world on its ears.
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Thanks
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,125 Posts

Did anybody notice in this video from what little the other candidates said, they were trying to cash in on RP's source of applause? Whenever RP talked about 'liberty' or 'freedom' or about getting the government out of our lives, he got some pretty healthy applause. Newt Gingrich at one point tried to paint himself as the champion of liberty and getting the government off peoples' backs.

As for the petrodollar debate in posts above--we should keep in mind that the Petrodollar appeared only after the 1973 war between Israel and the Arabs. I think it is an invention of Henry Kissinger. The dollar was in deep trouble after Nixon had decoupled the dollar from gold in international trade in 1971. So, Kissinger, in his capacity as an agent of TPTB hatched up a scheme to couple the dollar to oil--by presenting the world with a phony war--in which Egypt, Israel and the US and even the Saudis were all parties.

Here is the source of that information: http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/02/...om-kippur-war/

I am becoming less shocked to discover that the stories that are presented as news at any given time, (and because I believed them, they shaped my 'reality) are being replaced with stories of what happened behind the scenes, and that new information changes my entire 'reality' to something that makes a whole lot more sense. I think in the same time frame, Kissinger went to China and made them a deal--that they could have all of America's manufacturing base so that our elite corporations could become more profitable by reducing their labor costs and maintaining higher prices in the US markets for stuff made in China. Wal-Mart was an unknown prior to Nixon's trip to China. Why else would China and Japan and the rich middle east oil countries buy such huge quantities of US bonds? The US (Kissinger) made deals with them that would keep their elite in power ad infinitum.

There are a whole lot of things the MSM never tells us, and we only find out about it a generation later. Some of us never find out about these things.

Hatha
    Cosmic justice is getting what you deserve.

DMac

Quote Originally Posted by Hatha Sunahara View Post
    As for the petrodollar debate in posts above--we should keep in mind that the Petrodollar appeared only after the 1973 war between Israel and the Arabs. I think it is an invention of Henry Kissinger. The dollar was in deep trouble after Nixon had decoupled the dollar from gold in international trade in 1971. So, Kissinger, in his capacity as an agent of TPTB hatched up a scheme to couple the dollar to oil--by presenting the world with a phony war--in which Egypt, Israel and the US and even the Saudis were all parties.

Here is the source of that information: http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/02/...om-kippur-war/

Good point Hatha

Here is the paper by the guy that introduced "Petrodollar":

Petrodollars: Problems and Prospects

Here is the history of Saudi Arabian oil (and with it, agreements for GOLD - I found this interesting):

http://countrystudies.us/saudi-arabia/40.htm