Thread: CIA Head: We will spy on Americans through 'Smart' appliances

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 925 Posts

CIA Head: We will spy on Americans through 'Smart' appliances

Yep. It is now out in the open. Stop being paranoid. The Government is here to spy, track, catalog, data mine, list and finally..........KILL YOU.

Global information surveillance grid being constructed; willing Americans embrace gadgets used to spy on them

http://www.prisonplanet.com/cia-head...ppliances.html

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/ima.../n_15971_4.jpg

CIA director David Petraeus has said that the rise of new “smart” gadgets means that Americans are effectively bugging their own homes, saving US spy agencies a job when it identifies any “persons of interest”.

Speaking at a summit for In-Q-Tel, the CIA’s technology investment operation, Petraeus made the comments when discussing new technologies which aim to add processors and web connections to previously ‘dumb’ home appliances such as fridges, ovens and lighting systems.

Wired reports the details via its Danger Room Blog:
    “‘Transformational’ is an overused word, but I do believe it properly applies to these technologies,” Petraeus enthused, “particularly to their effect on clandestine tradecraft.”

Items of interest will be located, identified, monitored, and remotely controlled through technologies such as radio-frequency identification, sensor networks, tiny embedded servers, and energy harvesters — all connected to the next-generation internet using abundant, low-cost, and high-power computing,” Petraeus said.

the latter now going to cloud computing, in many areas greater and greater supercomputing, and, ultimately, heading to quantum computing.” the CIA head added.

Petraeus also stated that such devices within the home “change our notions of secrecy”.

Petraeus’ comments come in the same week that one of the biggest microchip companies in the world, ARM, unveiled new processors that are designed to give practically every household appliance an internet connection, in order that they can be remote controlled and operate in tandem with applications.
    ARM describes the concept as an “internet of things”.

Where will all the information from such devices be sent and analyzed? It can be no coincidence that the NSA is currently building a monolithic heavily fortified $2 billion facility deep in the Utah desert and surrounded by mountains. The facility is set to go fully live in September 2013.

The Utah data center is the centerpiece of the Global Information Grid, a military project that will handle yottabytes of data, an amount so huge that there is no other data unit after it.” reports Gizmodo.

“This center—with every listening post, spy satellite and NSA datacenter connected to it, will make the NSA the most powerful spy agency in the world.”
    Wired reports that the incoming data is being mined by plugging into telecommunications companies’ switches, essentially the same method the NSA infamously uses for warrantless wiretapping of domestic communications, as exposed six years ago.

Former intelligence analyst turned best selling author James Bamford, has penned a lengthy piece on the NSA facility and warns “It is, in some measure, the realization of the ‘total information awareness’ program created during the first term of the Bush administration—an effort that was killed by Congress in 2003 after it caused an outcry over its potential for invading Americans’ privacy.
    More here: http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012...eus-tv-remote/

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/da.../03/p4golf.jpg
    My Etsy store: https://twitter.com/xIOWNMEx

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Re: CIA Head: We will spy on Americans through 'Smart' appliances

that's odd. i don't own any 'smart' appliances other than a computer.

my phone is 15 years old.

what are they going to do, wiretap my hamburger grinder ?
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Silver
    Thanks

Failure to assimilate will probably just put you at the top of a list.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

These appliances are deemed smart by dumb asses.(CIA)

Thanks

Letter in the mail...

Dear _____,

We notice you are overcooking your roasts by 15 mins on average. This is the reason the meat is dry, and you need to use extra gravy. For a nominal fee of $5 we can set the oven timer remotely to avoid this from happening in the future.

Yours truly,
    Agent 1984
    It was time to move on. Too many jello head moonbats with personality issues post on this forum.

Silver
    Thanks

Interesting point Joboo, our power company installed smart meters on every house in the county last year. No one asked, we just came home from work one day and there it was.

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,864 Times in 7,916 Posts

And it will come to pass that everyone will realize that the Stasi was a bunch of pikers.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osprey View Post
    Failure to assimilate will probably just put you at the top of a list.
    i might take that as a compliment.

i regularly state that Israel did 9-11 - with help from Israel-first'ers in the US government - and make reference to information compilations such as
    http://theinfounderground.com/forum/...php?f=6&t=5367

"Israel did 9/11 - ALL THE PROOF IN THE WORLD"

my guess is, "they" do track those of us who make coherent statements about Israel's authorship of 9-11.

hence the use of an alias, and my personal tendency to keep my cards close to my chest.

since i occasionally travel outside the US, i wonder how using one's real name to make these statements affects one's travel status.

i know over 1 million people got on "no-fly lists" just for criticizing George Bush effectively.

guess we'll just have to make some of our own lists.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com