Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Rules: Police can search you ANYTIME, ANYPLACE, for ANY REASON

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Police can search you ANYTIME, ANYPLACE, for ANY REASON

Quote Originally Posted by Hatha Sunahara View Post
    I don't know where you live Palani, but I read about the police shooting and killing people with enough frequency to make me believe that regardless of what the law says, they assume the authority to not only arrest you, but to be able to do whatever vile things they please with you, and if you resist, they have the power to summarily execute you on the spot and no accountability for it. Just routine paperwork--whatever they do.
    Why are you resisting? Agreeing is what you were INSTRUCTED to do.

Do you think they will just let you go if you remind them that the Sheriff is the highest law enforcement power in the county, and if he has not power to arrest you, where do they get that power? They will just laugh at you.
    Why would the topic come up? Corporate police operate to protect corporate property and to turn a profit. Unless you plan on charging them for history lessons why bring up common law?

Can you illustrate for us what we can say to a cop that has detained us that challenges his power to do so? Without suffering the consequences of 'contempt of police'?

Hatha
    "Would you like to see me do the dance of the seven veils? Today's special. Only $5,000."
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor

Thanks

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Police can search you ANYTIME, ANYPLACE, for ANY REASON

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post
    Try telling a cop he has no authority under Common Law, blah blah blah, to detain you or whatever else palani would say.
    There you go engaging in the self-punishing practice of argument. Turn your back and walk away. There is nothing to be gained by engaging in the benefit of conversation. If he is going to shoot you let it be in the back (harder to justify self defense).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post
    What do we say to cops to prevent this type of behavior should we find ourselves in their custody due to no fault of our own?
    "Do you have a jet ski? I always wanted to own one but then I am willing to accept anything that can be liened, seized or attached."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by General of Darkness View Post
    God damn it, I'm really starting to hate this fucking place.
    Starting to? If you haven't hated this place for a LONG time by now, then you haven't been paying attention!
    There are two kinds of people in this world:
    People who just want to be left alone, and
    People who won't leave them alone.

No coercion, no fraud. Let rationality and liberty prevail! A=A
    Love with your heart... for everything else, use your brain!

"Gold is very patient. Are you?" -mamboni
    "Government has NO business being in the 'business' business" -Gaillo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post
    The Court said they can strip search you in JAIL.

Of course, it becomes increasingly easier to go to jail all the time.
    It actaully says that they can strip search you for being arrested. SO it appears all they have to do is make an arrest, and your done for.

No Judge, no Jury.

Sadly, ALOT of good cops are going to be killed over the NDAA and rulings like this one. MARK MY WORDS.
    My Etsy store: https://twitter.com/xIOWNMEx

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,125 Posts

"Would you like to see me do the dance of the seven veils? Today's special. Only $5,000."
    You've already described this dance when you suggested we make a counter offer to the cop. You might agree that it is 'counter-intuitive' to negotiate with an armed person who is demanding something from you. What is intuitive for most people is to give them whatever they want, regardless of how unreasonable it is. It doesn't matter if that armed person is a cop or a criminal. Once they have detained you, all you can do is damage control. My instincts tell me to avoid armed people who make demands as though they were the plague.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how to own nothing they can lien, seize, or attach. I can create a corporation that owns everything, and just allows me to use 'my stuff' while I do not hold title to any of it.

I find it difficult to rearrange my life in ways that protect me from an insane legal system, but the practitioners of this system view me as insane for not engaging in such protective measures. It's not good any more to just live and let live. Too many legally sanctioned predators around.

Hatha
    Cosmic justice is getting what you deserve.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

Anyone that thinks that spouting off some semantical, magical, obscure legal talk will deter a legalized criminal from assaulting them is friggin crazy and or stupid. Force needs no reason, it does not want or need it. Force only understands one thing and that is equal or greater force. Every single one of us are potential victims, there are no exceptions.
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

Amen LT

Every time I leave the house I just mumble some thing to myself.

God guide my path so I do not come to the Moment of Truth.

Cause I really don't want to take drastic measures to defend myself.or those whom I love the most.

But I will if need be.
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

Thanks

Darn it, now I have to wear the good undies every day . . . just in case!
    The more you live, the less you will die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ If you want to be somebody else, change your mind.