Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Magazine Predicts Many Cars to be Unaffordable by 2025

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

Time Magazine Predicts Many Cars to be Unaffordable by 2025

i will say this one more time ... gas is not for the poor people no more ... http://www.thedailybell.com/3808/Tim...rdable-by-2025 ...
    Time Magazine Predicts Many Cars to be Unaffordable by 2025

Thursday, April 19, 2012 – by Staff Report
    http://www.thedailybell.com/images/l.../denied150.jpg

Why Millions Won't Be Able to Afford Cars in the Future ... By 2025, the government will require an average fuel economy of 54.5 m.p.g. for cars and trucks sold in the U.S. To meet that requirement, automakers must focus on more efficient, technologically sophisticated cars that cost more upfront to build — and whose costs are ultimately passed along to consumers. How much more will these cars cost? And how many Americans will be priced out of owning a car as a result? These subjects are up for debate, and there's no shortage of projections. – Time magazine
    Dominant Social Theme: If cars are unaffordable, at least they won't be polluting.
    Free-Market Analysis: We've been tracking the Western war on cars and this article in Time magazine raises the offensive a notch. The idea is that by making cars electric, you limit range and utility.
    But this article suggests that cars simply will be legislated out of existence for many. Its argument is surprising as well because it treats government legislation as a force of nature, as if merely a fact of life and not an artificially created environment.
    This would seem to be a promotion of sorts. The power elite has been growing more strident about regulatory control as what we call the Internet Reformation has made an ever-larger impact on its secretive domination.
    By using dominant social themes, the powers-that-be frighten middle classes into giving up power and control to global facilities like the UN, IMF and World Bank. But the Internet itself has revealed many of these strategies and compromised them.
    The elites have struck back by creating additional chaos, in our view – war, economic difficulties and, of course, evermore Draconian regulation. This prediction about cars fits the latter confrontational approach.
    The elites need a "green" economy for purposes of increased control. The ability to tax people for breathing (basically) is part of the apparatus of authoritarianism of the top elites, those dynastic banking families that want one-world government.
    They seek control over every part of people's lives, and controlling transportation is no doubt part of the program, a big part. Travel is something to be restricted and then doled out to favored individuals. Here's some more from the article:
    Last summer, when officials were discussing the possibility of raising fuel-economy standards as high as 62 m.p.g., studies were released (by automaker interests) projecting that the price of a new car would cost nearly $10,000 more by 2025, after adjusting for inflation. Recently, USA Today, the Detroit News and others have cited data released by the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA), but they're reporting a wide range of forecasts as to how much new-car prices are expected to increase.
    USA Today — and the New York Post and other outlets — give NADA data stating that car prices will be boosted by $2,937 in order to meet 2025 mileage requirements, and that the cheapest new car would cost about $15,700. (The Nissan Versa sedan, which gets 36 m.p.g. on the highway with a manual transmission, holds the current title of Cheapest Car Sold in the U.S., with a starting price of $10,990.) Such a price increase would make a new car unaffordable for 4.2 million low-income Americans — college students, working families — who would no longer qualify for financing.
    The NADA-commissioned study offers a range of price increases, though. In a worst-case scenario, new-car prices could be hiked by as much as $12,349, which would result in 14.9 million households not being able to afford a car.
    The dollar amounts are only part of the story. It's fairly clear that the US in particular – but other Western countries, too – are gradually restricting internal and international travel. The phony "war on terror" narrative provides the putative causation.
    Over at the Alex Jones's sites today, an article entitled "Your Car Set To Become Part of ‘The Internet of Things’" tells us that a bill "already passed by the Senate and set to be ratified by the House not only mandates black box tracking devices in all new cars, it also orders the deployment of ‘vehicle to infrastructure’ communication systems."
    The report explains this bureaucratic language means that "your vehicle will become part of ‘the Internet of things’ and will be open to constant real-time tracking, eavesdropping and surveillance." Senate Bill 1813, entitled ‘Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act’ (MAP-21), may be passed by the Republican-controlled House despite its Draconian implications.
    We have also reported on this trend, which seems to be turning every usable household product into a tracking device. You can see an article on this issue here: Does the Market Really Want 'Smart Meter Version 2.0'?
    But there is no doubt that transportation is a big target for the elites. The combination of low-range electric cars and high environmental taxes are twin pincers squeezing people's ability to move around. A static population presumably is more easily cowed and controlled than one that is not.
    We can see, via this maneuvering, just how patient and far-sighted the top elites really are. The conservation – "green" – message was put into play back in the 1960s, even earlier in the US when President Theodore Roosevelt first created national parks.
    The cult of the green meme has by now reached stupendous proportions but as the curtain comes down on the West with all its dankness and misery, the connivance begins to reveal itself. It was never about protecting the environment, or not in its more extreme applications. It was about preparing to control movement.
    We don't think this future is feasible. The Internet Reformation is moving too quickly. As the elites react to the masses' growing understanding of their increasing manipulation, the regulatory, military and economic maneuvering grows more desperate and more outlandish.
    Conclusion: And this further radicalizes those who are inclined to see already how absurd Western culture is becoming. This in turn creates feedback that further enlightens people. This is a problem for the elites, for finally their actions turn counterproductive to their unifying goals. We may be reaching that point
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Time Magazine Predicts Many Cars to be Unaffordable by 2025

Don't you just love Government price controls disguised as "regulations"?
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

most cars are unaffordable now if you understand how math works. only a retard would shell out $35,000 for something that will depreciate 60% in the first 4 years of owning it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    most cars are unaffordable now if you understand how math works. only a retard would shell out $35,000 for something that will depreciate 60% in the first 4 years of owning it.
    Damn! I'm really really retarded.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Old Herb Lady

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Damn! I'm really really retarded.
    you did it for your wife, not yourself

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    only a retard would shell out $35,000 for something that will depreciate 60% in the first 4 years of owning it.
    Only a lunatic would shell out $35,000 for something and assign it to a state run trust in order to get a cheap metal plate to put on the front and back.
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor

Great Value Carrots LuckyStrike's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone asked me a few months ago if I could afford to buy a new BMW, I said define afford. Can I qualify for a loan on one? yes, can I pay cash for many models? yes, do I think I can afford one? No. I'd have to make a substantial amount of money to buy a brand new car.

I have a friend who paid 20k for a 1 year old kia suv, which to me is quite a lot for a used korean car. I see a lot of kia's and hyundais now and I think it's sad that that is what the middle class can now afford, I'm sure in another decade it will be chinese cars.

I agree to an extent with what chad said, but most things you buy depreciate, granted not as bad as automobiles but my main problems with new cars is not the price depreciation it's that fact that manufacturers basically hold back features in order to put them in the newer models to get you to buy that one. Just engineering things to not be quite as good as you could make it may make money, but the concept doesn't sit well with me.
    http://www.truthinourtime.com/

"Speed is the only truly modern pleasure" - Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

2025........................?

LMAO! Folks in the real world can't really afford their crap now, or for the past few years for that matter.
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

solid

Years ago, I communicated with smart car out of the UK. I wanted one of their little diesels, that get 90+ miles per gallon. Their response, our 'standards' are too strict. Now, we get a different smart piece of shit car.

To .gov...you want cheap economic cars, let them in the damn country!! They are already out there.

What a bunch of BS.