Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

Re: Time Magazine Predicts Many Cars to be Unaffordable by 2025

This is utter hogwash

The three fastest ways to shackle a sheep is

Mortgage

School Loans

Car "Purchase"

They are not giving up that easy hook.........
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

Thanks

i expect my 84 suburban silverado to still be kicking ass!!
    where's my Karma?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,457 Times in 4,275 Posts

New cars shit, I got a 96 honda last year and I am fighting to get more then 32MPG. Have a new header/exhaust coming in this week in hopes to improve mileage (and stop stuff from falling off).
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    New cars shit, I got a 96 honda last year and I am fighting to get more then 32MPG. Have a new header/exhaust coming in this week in hopes to improve mileage (and stop stuff from falling off).
    Use Mobile One oil (or other synthetic) and get 5% better mileage.
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor

Gold
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solid View Post
    Years ago, I communicated with smart car out of the UK. I wanted one of their little diesels, that get 90+ miles per gallon. Their response, our 'standards' are too strict. Now, we get a different smart piece of shit car.
    Some folks who want eurpean versions of BMW buy it in Germany, ship to Canada to a shop that will retrofit to US regulations. People say you can save $5K in that operation as well.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

Good OP article mick posted.

their actions turn counterproductive to their unifying goals. We may be reaching that point

washingtontimes.com: Electric shock: Spike in U.K. energy prices push cost of running EVs above gas-powered cars
    August 31, 2022
    Charging electric vehicles in Britain soon will be more expensive than filling up gasoline-powered cars thanks to soaring electricity costs — an economic switcheroo that could be a harbinger of shrinking financial benefits for Americans who go green.

British energy regulators told electricity consumers to expect to pay 80% more beginning Oct. 1. The national price cap on residential electricity will send the average bill from about $190 per month to an estimated $343 per month, or more than $4,000 per year.

The shocking price hike stems from the nation’s limited reserves and Russia’s cutoff of one of the region’s major sources of electricity generation: natural gas...

“For the U.S., this actually gets to an underlying fallacy of a lot of people that are pushing electric vehicles: They assert electric vehicles are cheaper because they assume electricity prices are going to stay cheap,” Mr. Stein said. “You’re combining the increased demands on electricity. That means you’ve got to build a new generation.”..

British electricity prices will nearly double from about 33 cents per kilowatt-hour to 60 cents per kilowatt-hour, making electric vehicles cost more before and after owners drive them off the lot. The average electricity cost in the U.S. is less than 11 cents per kilowatt-hour, according to the Energy Information Administration.

With British electricity prices climbing and gasoline at roughly $7.40 per gallon, the owner of a $40,000 electric Kia Niro would spend more than $100 more to travel 400 miles than the owner of a $26,000 gas-powered Kia Sportage, according to an analysis by the Royal Automobile Club, the British equivalent of the AAA.

A $71,000 Jaguar I-PACE would cost nearly $115 more to go 400 miles than its gas-powered equivalent, the $52,000 Jaguar F-PACE.

London-based Electrifying.com has a slightly rosier outlook. It estimates that the average electric vehicle user now saves 27% on fuel, less than 75% a year ago. With the higher electricity prices, an electric Volkswagen ID.3 crossover that travels 10,000 miles per year will save $34 per month on fuel compared with the gas-powered VW Golf of a similar size.

The price jump of electricity will make the hardest impact on drivers who use public charging stations and pay higher energy taxes. Those who travel long distances or do not have access to an at-home charger will bear more of the burden. Electricity prices at public charging stations are cruising to almost 81 cents per kilowatt-hour...

The average electricity cost in California is one of the highest in the country at 18 cents per kilowatt-hour, according to EIA data from 2020, the most recent year available. Although California’s cost is almost 70% higher than the national average of 10.59 cents per kilowatt-hour, it is about one-third of the new British price.

Rising U.S. natural gas prices have increased electricity costs. In July, Americans’ electricity bills climbed to their highest levels since 2008 and were nearly 90% higher than the same time last year.

Natural gas is trading above $9 per million British thermal units. The price a year ago was about $3.50.
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews